Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213317 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #795 on: January 31, 2014, 02:10:20 am »

I don't see any value to be gained from lynching RangerCado, or any go the other admitted Evil people, at this juncture. I'm still convinced that the Evil/Not Evil dichotomy is a massive red herring.

As such, I'm having real problems with NQT's claims. I'm not convinced of the whole Very Bad Thing, given there's only a promise of "tomorrow" for elucidation. That doesn't satisfy me. And that's without considering the shifting sands under his arguments and the slips I've seen.

I want something more from you about this Very Bad Thing, NQT.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #796 on: January 31, 2014, 04:01:17 am »

You Guys Just Don't Get It

This isn't a self-preservation thing, it's a furthering-what-I-believe-to-be-town's-wincon thing. I'm resolutely not going to give the forces of Evil any further information. It will probably be disastrous if you lynch me now, but it will certainly be disastrous if I give away too much information at this juncture and you let me live.

Know this: I am confirmed Not Evil and I am working against Evil. If you want to work against Evil too, don't vote me and don't try to pressure me into giving away information to Team Evil.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 31, 2014, 04:29:11 am »

I'd also like NQT to tell us this very bad thing(tm).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 31, 2014, 04:41:54 am »

Did you even read what I literally just wrote Caz?!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 31, 2014, 07:43:59 am »

Read what?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 31, 2014, 08:30:57 am »

This:
I'm resolutely not going to give the forces of Evil any further information. It will probably be disastrous if you lynch me now, but it will certainly be disastrous if I give away too much information at this juncture and you let me live.

I'm not telling you anything because giving away this information right now would be worse than me being lynched. If you can wait until tomorrow, I'll say then.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #801 on: January 31, 2014, 08:58:38 am »

This isn't a self-preservation thing, it's a furthering-what-I-believe-to-be-town's-wincon thing. I'm resolutely not going to give the forces of Evil any further information. It will probably be disastrous if you lynch me now, but it will certainly be disastrous if I give away too much information at this juncture and you let me live.
This contradicts what you said earlier
If I explain now, it's quite likely the terrible thing will still happen. If you lynch me now it's likely to happen. Be patient. It's just one more day.
(bolding mine)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 31, 2014, 09:17:04 am »

In the last few days I've thought even more of the ramifications of explaining and have concluded that it'd be even more disastrous for the forces of Good (though probably quite beneficial for you).

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 31, 2014, 09:20:15 am »

Well since you're the only Good player that's ok.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 31, 2014, 09:25:21 am »

I believe otherwise. Only you, Darkstar and Ranger were told you were evil AND players were told that if they weren't told they were evil then they're not Evil.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 31, 2014, 09:44:14 am »

There is a world of difference between "not evil" and "good".  Heck, "bad" falls under "not evil".

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 31, 2014, 11:34:35 am »

Reading through, I've realized a few things.

We don't all have to kill each other, but we can't all win. I don't think there's a way to stop the meteor. We all have things we have to do before the meteor hits. The title is "A lovely end of the world" The world is ending. I don't think we can stop it. But we all have our own way to win, but we can't all win. Mastahcheese has to kill evil, but Ranger seems to only want to find love. His condition is directly related to makeinu's condition. I'm not done reading yet, but this seems like it makes sense. At least in my head.

BTW... does anyone know any magic that can turn me back into a sandwich?

Thoughts, anyone?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 31, 2014, 11:51:02 am »

Mastah:
Well, I'll reiterate why I don't think a Cado lynch is a good idea right now.
I can inspect him, the fact that he's both evil and a summoner would make him a good choice for a lynch, to test two things at once, but, he's also my best shot at finding out if my power can actually help us or not.
All I ask is that you give me one night for an inspection, and then we lynch him. Is that acceptable? It could help us a lot for future days.

The catch is you can apply the same argument to the lynch.  It will show one, both, or neither, and we won't know until we test it.  At least the lynch can't be nightkilled.

MOWE:
BTW... does anyone know any magic that can turn me back into a sandwich?

No, but I'll eat you anyway.

MOWE, may I eat you?  (Since that appears to be the case- we have to ask permission)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 31, 2014, 12:53:38 pm »

Thoughts, anyone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCLoNOYcVQU (warnings: NSFW, rapidly flashing images)

Your theory is plausible though, there certainly hasn't been any suggestion that the apocalypse is avoidable.  I guess I'll claim my implied wincon - I think I want to find friendship and hang out with people.  But my weird habits usually put them off.

> He's the class president. If he gets lynched and turns up Meteor Summoner (which is all moot against your note on 'Why does anyone think there will be roleflips?'; which I've to round the question back to you as we're all under the notion of information from voting) then what? Innocent Child as meteor summoner is darn silly and goodness, it complicates everything further. Why?
Because this is a bastard game.  NQT's massive surplus of knowledge and position of power suggest to me that he's the bastard scum, ie someone we don't want to keep alive.  The "information" from the lynch is secondary, but lynching scum always gives you better info.

- The bastardry. His actions, while spotty, are incongruent with that of a true scum player. I've seen his attitude, or daresay, his rant regarding his attitude and mindset. And it clicks, for the arguments he presents.
   - I believe you missed my note?
It doesn't though.  If he thinks this game is like Bellsounder then his actions make no sense, because he's made no attempt at all to solve the puzzle behind the game (the thing that the town would have had to do to solve Bellsounder).  All he's done is vote for the people who have claimed one particular arbitrary alignment.

#1 pertains to the exact scenario we have here. The suspicion on NQT is too unfounded, and very specific, for it to be a generality-assumption. Meaning: I can't believe that NQT is scum given everything that happened recently, and the scenario in question 'NQT is scum' leads to more nothingness than something gleaned (but you get bragging rights, and are justified to stuff this up our impudent faces, ok?). 'This' (#1, first word) pertains to the scenario you've set out. That NQT is scum because he's seemingly the informed majority.
Informed minority.  NQT is the only person claiming Good or Townie.

I present a counterpoint. What is Town? What is Scum? Scum wish to live and ruin town, killing them off or outnumbering because that seems like its always the right thing in Mafia. Town wishes to do the good thing and get Mafia out because they know more.
Yeah, technically NQT may actually be "town", in that he wants to eliminate "scum".  Sure.  But that doesn't change the fact that, ultimately, to the majority of players in this game, he is scum.

See: Don't Out Guess the Mod Mafia.  Pandarsenic's alignment was "town" (he needed to eliminate all serial killers), but in order for any other player to win he had to die.  That meant he was essentially scum from the perspective of the people playing that game.

It does not follow-in this context. NQT is only one person, and if such is to be assumed-then the scumteam is either hilariously overpowered (and more like bastard-Bellsounder-esque in the mechanics of this game), or that's a one-man scumteam. TDS is the only other member here who knows of NQT's rise to power-Money! And him and RangerCado both share their "evil"ness -- "they read it wrong", where it = 'all teenagers are evil'.
I don't understand that "or" clause.  Bellsounder had a one-man scumteam (me).  But if NQT does have allies (perfectly possible, although I'd still rather lynch NQT first because he's probably the strongest member of the team) I don't think it's the Evil people, considering that I am not his ally.

...Post restriction?!
He can't tell us why we can't lynch him today.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 31, 2014, 12:59:12 pm »

Also, I don't have post restrictions Leafsnail, I just don't want to give you dangerous information.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 112