Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172004 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2016, 06:08:20 pm »

There were $3 schooners and $5 spirits at the bar last night, it was good.
Apparently that happens every Thursday from 8pm! I might have to go there more often... I just wish bands played there on Thursdays more often. Maybe I should check if they have awesome drink specials on other nights, too.

Edit: by the way, I wrote this post whilst taking a hungover poop at 9am.
Hangover really isn't too bad, considering how much I drank -  I didn't drink any water last night, either.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:10:17 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 28, 2016, 03:15:41 am »

Ugh, I didn't even have much liquor last night.  It just snuck up on me, like it always does when I'm not used to it.
No hangover though, and woke up on time.  I just got really weird from 4-6 AM.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:30:32 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 30, 2016, 08:40:30 am »

I drank pretty much all day and night yesterday, it was pretty great.
Friends were supposed to come along to Free Taco Day, but they didn't show up until several hours after I got there at around half-past one PM, maybe closer to two.. I was drinking pretty much non-stop for that whole time, and only kept going after they arrived- those cheap drink specials were pretty great! Turns out tequila goes pretty well with lemonade despite how gross it tastes normally.

Don't really remember much anything of the proceedings later on, apart from how odd it felt having my friends/housemates with me at one of my favourite bars. They generally don't come out to the same bars/pubs that I do, not sharing the same interests in music.
Kinda wish I remembered if I introduced them to any other friends, that would have been interesting. Oh well.

...Oh yeah, and I actually got some Free Tacos before they ran out this time!
Not like my friends who were late as heck. At least they still came along to hang out anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2016, 11:32:47 pm »

BEER GET!

It's only a six pack, but it should keep me content for a couple of hours at least. This is the first beer (or booze in general for that matter) I've had since the day I got here, so I'm pretty stoked. Six bottles of delightful Coopers Pale, only $14.99! Tastes bitter, like medicine, but better for you! :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 06, 2016, 09:11:54 am »

You should visit Austria. The beer's pretty underrated, and cheap, too!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 06, 2016, 09:16:24 am »

That party image in the image thread was pretty sweet, sometimes I (almost) wish I lived near my friends so we could get drunk in person again.
Skype's pretty great though.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2016, 11:53:55 pm »

Haha, ironically, my friends and I are getting drunk as all hell and it's great!
While playing Vampire the Requiem, and it's getting freakin disturbing haha

Usually I got mildly drunk and chatted with my friends
Tonight we're all drunk and it's so great

Also, it's so much easier to get drunk right now, since I haven't been drinking nearly as much recently.
Temperance, as a virtue, pays off in the long term- and not even that long!
She/they

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 16, 2016, 07:59:12 am »

Only a few more weeks until Dry July. Ah, I'll miss my cabernet sauvignons, merlots and sauvignon blancs. I'll especially miss my sangrias and pinot gris. But sacrifices must be made. Until then, time to make hay while the sun shines!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 16, 2016, 08:09:07 am »

Why should sacrifice be made?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 16, 2016, 08:23:27 am »

https://www.dryjuly.com/

For a good cause!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 16, 2016, 02:03:47 pm »

Well... it's also healthy. Giving up alcohol for a month gives so many health benefits (that I can't be bothered listing because I lost the article I read about them...) that it's generally a good idea.

Then you just make up for that month by drinking harder for the other 11, obviously.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 17, 2016, 03:39:41 am »

Haha, ironically, my friends and I are getting drunk as all hell and it's great!
While playing Vampire the Requiem, and it's getting freakin disturbing haha

Usually I got mildly drunk and chatted with my friends
Tonight we're all drunk and it's so great

Also, it's so much easier to get drunk right now, since I haven't been drinking nearly as much recently.
Temperance, as a virtue, pays off in the long term- and not even that long!
I'm sure I've said this before, but drunk tabletop gaming sounds like great fun. I'll have to read the rest of the recount in the DnD thread. :)

As for myself, I am currently on a train headed towards the city, planning to catch another train back out to my favourite Melbourne bar at which I plan on seeing a whole bunch of bands (whilst drinking a whole bunch of booze, of course) tonight.
This will (hopefully) be the first time I've gotten properly drunk since at least a couple of weeks  ago.

...Honestly I think I'm already partway there after the two tequila shots I had before leaving the house. Hey, it's cold out! Also I'm wearing a kinda weird, cold-resistant outfit and needed the confidence boost. Moreso than usual, anyway. That novelty shot glass I bought while I was in the States was a great purchase indeed. It has certainly received far more use than any other kitschy souvenir I can ever remember buying!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 17, 2016, 08:36:16 pm »

Edit: Basically I just freaked out about Father's Day and emotional fatigue, I'll be fine now (:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:36:04 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 21, 2016, 12:45:20 am »

It's payday! To the liquor store!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 21, 2016, 08:51:37 pm »

Woohoo!

Also everything really is fine, I was worried over nothin.  Everyone had a good time last Wednesday at tabletop, including me.
It was Thursday and Friday that maybe I went a bit far.  Tricky line.  I've got excuses, but even I don't care for them.  Just gotta use moderation.

Recently, been experimenting with wine again.  Used to be the only thing I'd drink.  It's... pretty great, on the whole:
Pros:
Cheaper than beer alcohol-wise!
An excellent middle ground between beer and hard liquor
Produces a *high* buzz due to the sugar rush, which is keeping my mood giggly rather than maudlin
Comes in boxes which contain a FUCKLOAD of fun, but more importantly, can be dispensed in analog amounts.

Cons:
Have to brush teeth afterward
maybe get diabetes
have to use a glass

Final verdict:
fuck, why did I waste time on that coors pisswater?  All that recycling I had to do.
And hard liquor was too tricky to ration right.
Mm, this is just right.

Post-pro:
Tastes of berries and chocolate, mmm, cab-sav.

They make white wines, but why would you DO that?  They literally taste like sour grapes, sometimes bitter from carbonation.  Blech.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 141