Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172220 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #750 on: December 26, 2017, 03:46:52 am »

Quote from: Wikipedia 12 days of Xmas
The period between Christmas and Epiphany is fast-free.[7] During this period one celebration leads into another.
woooooooord

I didn't actually notice (I don't count the characters, usually :P) but I did chuckle when you pointed it out.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 26, 2017, 12:13:36 pm »

Hehe, I'm glad.  Jeez, I'm still in a good mood this morning too...  Maybe no other shoe is dropping?  Made plans to visit a cousin tomorrow for some nice curry <3
I remember some of my dreams, too, I was on a backpacking trip with my dad.  That was very pleasant.

Mainly posting to point out that Winter has only just started.  The Solstice/Christmas marks the *start* of winter.  Since even though the days are getting longer, they're still about as short as they get, so colder times are still coming.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 28, 2017, 11:39:05 pm »

Gotta hold on.  Got to walk to a pokestop.  Gotta win arguments, ahehe.

I did so well.  So well.  I earned this reprieve.
Gotta stay awake!  Gotta walk to the pokestop!

Edit:  Oh jeez that was fun.  I made it to the pokestop (walking with my sober friend), and later we ate beans and chatted for a while.  I'm still trying to remember the "argument" I had in the religion thread, something about fairies again I guess.

What's fun is how I woke up.  Empty plate of beans, 3/4 full bag of popcorn.  Fallen London up, somehow unaccountably peckish again.  Phone open to Pokemon Silver, trying to defeat a donphan with an underlevelled meowth named after my dead cat.  Facebook up, aw crap, and sure enough I "waxed nostalgic" on a picture someone posted of a hiking trail.  And Steamband, that kinda-racist roguelike, running the kinda-racist character creation.

Friend and I went out for more pokestops despite the cold weather, and had some grape leaves for lunch (:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:44:00 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 30, 2017, 04:19:58 am »

What's fun is how I woke up.  Empty plate of beans, 3/4 full bag of popcorn.  Fallen London up, somehow unaccountably peckish again.  Phone open to Pokemon Silver, trying to defeat a donphan with an underlevelled meowth named after my dead cat.  Facebook up, aw crap, and sure enough I "waxed nostalgic" on a picture someone posted of a hiking trail.  And Steamband, that kinda-racist roguelike, running the kinda-racist character creation.

Friend and I went out for more pokestops despite the cold weather, and had some grape leaves for lunch (:
I'm seething with envy right now. My day consisted of lawnmowing, vacuuming, mopping, and laundry, followed by a few scant hours of drunken video games before cooking dinner and washing up dishes. Work has stalled on the kid's cubby house, as my current handsaw isn't up to the task of cutting out a door. Need bigger tools, ugh, ugh, ugh.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 02, 2018, 01:50:28 am »

I know, right?  I wasn't being sarcastic, waking up that way was some sick decadence.  More than made up for the mediocre hangover.

Now for something I almost posted in the dream thread...
Bizarrely, last night I dreamed of a sunny day at the beach.  I received a ridiculously perfect tan, with no burns.

It's hard to describe how alien that particular "fantasy" is to me.  I have long suffered the sun, with very many burns, growing up.  Teenage athlete!  Now that I have agency, I time my exercise for delightfully cloudy days, or twilight, or even inside.

The daystar judges, and I judge it.  Fuck you, daystar!  I defy your Judgement!
Fuck you!
Eat a dick, sun!

Oh shit I'm going to regret this come Spring.  Carrying recycling, washing machines, etc.  It's going to suck.

It's going to suck, and I'm going to hate it, and that is correct!  Fuck it!  FUCK YOU, SUN!
I won't regret this at all!
Get bent, Pelor!  Die in a fire!

Spoiler: /r/cloud/sun (click to show/hide)
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 07, 2018, 10:44:34 pm »

You know it's a good night when you get to explain Gandalf's true nature, also what Balrogs are, while your housemate plays a nethack-fork.

I also continue to identify with Faye http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3651
(mostly the self-employed half, but also family are always up ins)
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 08, 2018, 05:38:03 am »

Welp, got drunk on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, in decreasing order of intensity (from what I remember, anyway). I'd say that was a pretty solid effort... and I managed to enjoy myself without getting completely legless for once. Not even any major memory gaps! :D
Most of the interesting conversations I had over the weekend are now a jumbled mess, but oh well.

Oh, and I managed to successfully sneak booze into an unfamiliar venue via backpack! Kinda proud of that, even though it turned out the place didn't have security to check bags, anyway.

It turns out rum and Pasito actually don't go that well together, but I suppose it could be worse. I still have one or two glasses-worth left, too, which is nice.
I can console myself with those whilst waiting for payday to relieve my extreme brokeness. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 12, 2018, 12:42:52 pm »

It has been a disagreeable week. Apparently. I say so for I notice that one third of a bottle of Vodka has paid the price, in about one hour.

Not a particularly frightful amount, I suppose, but I am sure I have nodded off to sleep quite often during that window of time. Sleep drinking confirmed? I wonder...

But enough of that. It is Friday. Skål!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 14, 2018, 07:10:27 am »

Oh god, gin and the weird part of YouTube seriously don't mix.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 14, 2018, 07:16:23 am »

I've always wondered, about the teletubbies. Is that just a dutch thing, or did we import that from the US?
I would *NEVER* allow my toddler to watch that utter crap. Sadly, there's now two adult generations wobbling around that grew up with LALALALALALAA DADAAA GUBBI GUBBI DREWL BREWL

If your kid doesn't have ADHD or other attention deficiency disorders, having them watch teletubbies for a few weeks will fix that for you
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:17:58 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 15, 2018, 12:14:11 am »

Yeah, it's like...  What are they actually learning from that?  It's constant stimuli, but what are the lessons?
But IDK, maybe it's for toddlers, who are unironically taught by mobiles and square blocks.  Eventually with the addition of round blocks, and variously shaped holes.

On DND night, as designated driver, I mostly drank something I like to call the Dry Canada.
Spoiler: Ingredients (click to show/hide)
Which makes it perfect for a mixed drink I've been having, which I call Wet Canada Red Canada.  Canada Dry with vokda, and then less Canada Dry with more vodka, etc~

I did sip something else on DND night.  I hesitate to name it, much less describe it.  Yet inebriation demands I do so?

The best part is...  it depended on when you poured.
The mixer poured first, and his glass tasted fine (we all tasted all glasses, because it became a thing).  It was sweet!  But personally, I felt like the aspartame masked the sugar... which is actually horrifying to me, diabetes risk, learned sensitivity.  It tasted intriguing.

The last glass literally had sugar which refused to dissolve.  It was almost as saccharine as McDonalds sweet tea.

We had a good night.  Also I'm drunk I guess, I hung out with my dad and he ordered a pitcher and only we two drank it.  Two nice beers each.
But that was over three hours, I got home and finished off the second half of a 750ml bottle of cabsav
Also a quarter-glass of fresh vinegar, oops.
And then I went downstairs and chatted while using up a decent quantity of guest-vodka-from-two-weeks-ago into the aforementioned Red Canadas.

...  Probably not going to drink it all, though, feeling pretty sleepy.
Feeling good.  Doing another big walk tomorrow.
She/they

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 26, 2018, 01:06:38 pm »

I cut out the proverbial middle man. I assembled a dry martini in what I suppose passes for a Highball glass. Only wider. One of IKEA's, if the bottom stamp is to be believed.

It is gone now. I have been unwell.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 29, 2018, 12:57:26 am »

Life is either suffering, or worthless.

Edit:  Haha, wtf did I mean by that?  And why did I get so wasted when I needed to get up early?
Well...  I actually avoided a hangover, got relatively much sleep, and honestly enjoyed myself instead of just surviving.  Huh.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 08:15:11 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 02, 2018, 05:00:50 pm »

Life is either suffering, or worthless.

Edit:  Haha, wtf did I mean by that?  And why did I get so wasted when I needed to get up early?
Well...  I actually avoided a hangover, got relatively much sleep, and honestly enjoyed myself instead of just surviving.  Huh.

A chap is liable to do that, sometimes. It is perfectly fine. Indeed, one can find unknown depths in one's character, and its abilities to still get up early, and still finish its tasks. While the ability to work despite heavy drinking the night before diminishes with age, it remains. Man is a much more resilient beast than given credit.

Of course, enjoying yourself is, without a doubt, part of it. One must enjoy things. I do hope that you are, or will, enjoy yourself today. Skål.

Now, what did I come in here for? Bother.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 03, 2018, 01:13:45 am »

Belated, but cheers!
And yeah.  A few drinks let me perceive insights, which later ring true when I review my notes.  I keep a lot of notes.
My way of seeking immortality, I guess.

They should have sent a poet, but it was me, an unrepentant memester!
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 141