Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Screamlords: My logical mindset makes it hard to talk about space nazis  (Read 18800 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1COTyZJhzv-xCK8jeHgb-CCQOVCpvkMbS

If someone wants to look at this thing, maybe try creating characters or cars to see if it works like I think it does.  Mistakes, ideas, things I need to add are also appreciated.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

I really like the race idea.

Hmm... Maybe you could add a rule for dodging cars, in case someone is foolish enough to go on foot? You could just say it's an automatic success ramming attack.

Or maybe a rule for jumping onto a car?

Just trying to think of situations that might happen that are not covered.

Also, I see you mention top speed but I don't think you define that anywhere, unless I missed it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Spoiler: basic character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Car one (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:35:53 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

I really like the race idea.

Hmm... Maybe you could add a rule for dodging cars, in case someone is foolish enough to go on foot? You could just say it's an automatic success ramming attack.

Or maybe a rule for jumping onto a car?

Just trying to think of situations that might happen that are not covered.

Also, I see you mention top speed but I don't think you define that anywhere, unless I missed it.

I'll add a bit about running around on a road and not getting smashed. Good for having people on the road too.

Adding explicit rule for boarding a car.

Added top speed explanation.

Spoiler: basic character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Car one (click to show/hide)

Thankie.

Now that you've messed with it a bit, what do you think about creating a car with it? Do you think its interesting to build it with parts or would you prefer just creating a car like a character and then adding weapons and special effect modules instead?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Hmm. I think with a wider variety of parts and effects, building it with parts would be a good part of the experience.
As it is, though, you are mostly just stat building, but with flavor text.

Now, if the parts acted as body parts, and damage to them caused real consequences beyond a straight HP pool, that would be interesting (but a lot of work to flesh out the system).
also, to build with parts, you should almost require the vehicle to be built from ground up - and perhaps certain weapons wold require certain parts or part combinations.

Really, there is a lot that can be done wiht a parts oriented build system, but I would say that to make it genuinely interesting and balanced would require a good bit of effort - and probably a lot of help. You'd want a tinker-like pregame where players could pitch ideas, debate merits, expand the part list, kibbitz, and flesh out the whole thing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mF4M5VQ29xPf-z0J__NRMDR0tH-TG7t1

WIZARDS! rules. If someone wants to take a look and see if there are problems, that would be cool. I'm looking at it myself too and will be sticking it up on Drivethru soon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

I wasn't going to go over that again, but then I pulled it open and started reading the insanities, and I just couldn't help myself.  The insanity table is just wonderful, as is the corruption table, though to a lesser extent.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Screamlords: My logical mindset makes it hard to talk about space nazis
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2018, 02:41:12 pm »

For halloween, I turned a massive demon generator with obtuse fucking rules into a 30 page generator that you just roll d20's on.
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/256650/Demon-Generator

This is the first one I'm charging a buck for as opposed to making it pay what you want. Buy it if you like, let others know about it if you want.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Screamlords: My logical mindset makes it hard to talk about space nazis
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2018, 11:58:56 pm »

And 50 urban horrors.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

has anyone made a revolver: blood and neon game?  id be interested in playing it. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]