Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 167

Author Topic: Super Academy two IC: Akira is bad at not naking people angry.  (Read 122635 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Super Academy two IC: Title Change. Neat.
« Reply #1605 on: February 06, 2014, 11:38:55 am »

((Well it is an anthropomorphic sunflower styled after the sunflower from PVZ))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 06, 2014, 11:39:50 am »

((... Wat? Explain. What's PVZ?))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 06, 2014, 11:40:56 am »

Enki nods at Noam.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 06, 2014, 11:42:26 am »

Enki nods at Noam.

Noam slithers over, "What'cha doing?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 06, 2014, 11:43:16 am »

((... Wat? Explain. What's PVZ?))
((Plants versus Zombies.))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 06, 2014, 11:43:49 am »

"Reading. Yourself?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 06, 2014, 11:44:10 am »

"Reading. Yourself?"

"Not much. What'cha reading?"

((Plants versus Zombies.))

((Oh. Okay then. Good to know?))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 06, 2014, 11:46:56 am »

"The Canterbury Tales."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 06, 2014, 11:49:26 am »

"The Canterbury Tales."

"Oh. What is it about?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 06, 2014, 11:56:50 am »

"Well, it's a collection of stories told mostly in verse. I haven't quite read that far. I just started."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 06, 2014, 11:58:38 am »

"Well, it's a collection of stories told mostly in verse. I haven't quite read that far. I just started."

"Oh. Okay. Um... Can I read it with you? Please? I'll be nice and quiet and you won't even know I'm there!"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 06, 2014, 12:08:04 pm »

Enki nods.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 06, 2014, 12:09:16 pm »

Enki nods.

Noam smiles, and then slithers up behind Enki's chair, peeking over his shoulder to read the book, "Thank you! Oh, I promised I was going to be quiet, wasn't I? Sorry."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 06, 2014, 12:12:56 pm »

Erden stood up with a start, a deep rumbling laughter in his chest. It was story time. "Alright. I shall see if I can recreate the story of the origins of Geomancy. It is a favorite of mine. Come! Stand with me. For lack of walls, this will be a floor engraving." Erden brandished his spade with a flourish. He was clearly excited to recount this story. He found a spot deserted spot, where the dry tan earth laid bare. This was a good place to tell the story. Turning to Ayra he smiled.

"It all started a long time go in our home, the Laschian Mountain. Right here!"  He swept his shovel wide, striking in the earth with a cutting blow. Where the blade struck, a spiny mound of dirt shot forth. "This is the ancient home of my people. For hundreds of years we lived in peace, tending to the mountain and making a life for ourselves. Our enemies were few. We had little in terms of resources, so no one asked much of us. Our life was simple. Just survive. Tendered by the land, our people grew strong."

Erden's raised finger pointed at Arya. "But darkness, darkness was looming."  He made another sweep with the shovel blade, a far deeper cut than the one he made earlier. Dirt flew into the air. "For as long as we lived on the mountain, nothing changed. Or so we thought. We forgot that around us the world is constantly in motion. At the Dawn of the Iron Age, the kingdoms neighboring our mountain were in desperate need of metal for their weapons. Of war."

His face darkened and he began to strike the earth. "They needed metal for swords. Metal for armor. Metal for guns."  His breathing became labored. He always got passionate here."They cared not who they hurt to get it."

Erden bent down and struck the earth with the palm of his hand. A small kingdom appeared, as well as an illustration of their precious weapons.

"What happened next was inevitable…"

He crawled a short ways towards the kingdom and swept his hand across the now displaced dirt. The air carried it and earthen road seemed to appear between the Laschian Mountain and the kingdom. "They enslaved us and took our land for themselves. Our ways of peace were meaningless against their superior technology. We had lived so long alone, that many had forgotten how to fight. But not all of us."

He took up a dirt a clump of dirt in his hands,  crushing it into fine dust. "Namely my ancestor, Richter Kane." Tossing the dirt up into the air, it sank down into the earth in the rough likeness of a wild looking man with long hair and striking eyes. "Before the fall of the Laschian Mountains, he had left to see the world as an adventurer. But when he returned he found his homeland enslaved. His anger was so great and his voice so loud, it is said that men would go deaf if he yelled directly in his ears, and that his voice alone could induce spontaneous landslides. It was he who inspired my people to act."

Rising suddenly, Erden cut the road with another quick swipe of his blade. Where the dirt landed, there were now tiny siege engines. "Retribution was swift. The kingdom acted quickly upon our uprising, sending their army to quash the rebellion." Erden raised his hand to make another strike, his arm shaking. Slowly he lowered it to his side. "They made good on their promise. Richter Kane fought bravely, but there were far too many men and we were too few."

"Then the earth woke up. Forced to retreat to the peak of Laschian Mountain, woman and children huddling together to keep themselves warm, many of their husbands laying slain below. The enemy was committed to slaughter and pressed the assault. Richter and the last vestiges of his rag tag force were condemned to the death. In desperation Richter called out for the mountain itself to help in the final charge. At that last moment, the Spirit of the Earth came down upon Richter."

Erden lifted his feet and stomped. A shockwave  went forth, and mountains spilled out in a circle from the Laschian Mountain. In the distance, the kingdom crumbled into the earth as Erden spoke. "With a mighty roar, The Spirit of the Earth and Richter fell upon his enemies. Spires of earth and mountains rose out of the earth, sending the opposing army tumbling into the sky and down upon the earth. The enemy army was routed mercilessly. Victory was for the Laschians. But not without a price."

"Many had died in the war. Richter himself succumbed to the wounds he had received soon after his victory. Further, the Laschians were now separated from the rest of the world. But we were not alone. The Spirit of the Earth remained with us for a time and taught us how to communicate with his followers. These first few became called Geomancers. The rest as they say is history."

Erden stepped aside staggering slightly. "It's somewhat easier to tell the story here… The dirt is softer and lighter here than it is at home. Wall carvings are even harder, as you have to account for... hardness and such..."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 06, 2014, 12:16:10 pm »

"It is fine, Noam."
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 167