Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216017 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER
« Reply #360 on: May 14, 2014, 10:48:04 am »

Yeah, and I don't know if the civvy suit would have the trauma mitigation features of the MKII built in. PW, what do you say about it?

And it just might be Unholy! (UP? Can I call you UP?) . I'm just looking for something with MKII capabilities to patch up my squishy bits, and an exo to support some armor plating that will help me not get mangled in the first place. And preferably on the cheaper side, I don't need something that's crazy over-designed right now. Just something basic.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 14, 2014, 11:24:42 am »

The civvy exosuit has no trauma mitigation unfortunately,
I was meaning that you could buy the mk II for the trauma mitigation and my civvy exosuit for the stat boost's/armor and that it would come out as being the same price as buying a standard exosuit but you would have both of the benefits.

And yeah, feel free to just call me unholy, UP or U_P, everyone else does. :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 14, 2014, 12:40:52 pm »

I think you can get enough to completely armor up a Mk3 for some 8 token.

Around 20 tokens and you lose the exoskeleton's strength bonus due to overweight. Let me see... Backplate three tokens, chestplate three tokens, pelvic plate two tokens, helmet one, pauldrons two, shin pads one each, upper legs three, forearm plates one, knuckles one token for both hands, knee guards one for both knees, upper arms one each. I forget how much it cost to armor the rocket pods, but it was probably two or three token. I think neck armor was originally two tokens, but I added mythril reinforcement to both neck and head armor and I forget how much that was. Thomas (Spinal_Taper's character) bought half-thickness "milnoplate" for half the price of my purchases, so that's possible too.

You're looking at one (?) layer of battlesuit plate, which is able to protect you fairly well from projectile (gauss rounds even) and laser attacks while the civic defender's longcoat, for example, only provides good protection against kinetic weaponry. That is the kind of armor I use on Milno's MkIII, though I only bought chest, back, pelvis, helmet and neck armor in order to keep the movement bonus and because personal armor's very expensive.

Rockets that give you a max speed of 500mph, a movement bonus and have high chances of saving your ass in case they don't explode violently due to damage are actually one of the MkIII's biggest boons. If your objective is not getting mangled while remaining roughly man-sized, though, I think you'll have to run a Tinker search for the types of armor that aren't in the Armory.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 14, 2014, 12:42:27 pm »

@hapah: if you want pw to see something, like questions or actions, you might want to bold it. Or at least put it in a seperate paragraph. He might miss it otherwise.

Also, you probably won't be able to afford a new suit for your very first mission. Maybe Miya could build you a shield or something though.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 14, 2014, 12:57:03 pm »

@hapah: if you want pw to see something, like questions or actions, you might want to bold it. Or at least put it in a seperate paragraph. He might miss it otherwise.

Also, you probably won't be able to afford a new suit for your very first mission. Maybe Miya could build you a shield or something though.
Oh no, certainly not first mission. Maybe not even second, dunno what pay typically is and how much this thing is going to cost in the end. Just trying to think ahead and get all my ducks in a row, see what could work and what isn't feasible while I still have downtime.

-stuff-

If your objective is not getting mangled while remaining roughly man-sized, though, I think you'll have to run a Tinker search for the types of armor that aren't in the Armory.
That's the goal I have in mind, yes. It's looking like it might be a more expensive affair than I thought!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 14, 2014, 01:07:08 pm »

Do automanipulators use up that material they require to function?  Must they be reloaded?

Why do the normal manipulator batteries output such a strong electrical charge?

Nah. They're self sustaining at that size.

Who said they do?

You, nearly two years ago.

"ALL field manipulator batteries: 4 TPU"

Note that laser rifle batteries output the same amount, although we actually know how long they can supply that.  Field manip batteries just give four zaps of indeterminate length, for all we know.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 14, 2014, 01:17:13 pm »

I think you can get enough to completely armor up a Mk3 for some 8 token.

Around 20 tokens and you lose the exoskeleton's strength bonus due to overweight.
Huh. That's different.

Well, that's personal armor for you.

I think we're going to need some suits of this kind into mass production at some point though. Avatars are too much of a commitment, Battlesuits are too large for everyday use, and MkIIIs are too flimsy.
Dammit, I want to tinker. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 14, 2014, 01:18:36 pm »

Yeah, I was honestly kinda surprised that the suit of armor I'm looking to make isn't already a "thing". You'd figure not-dying would be pretty high up on people's priority list, but I guess not!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 14, 2014, 01:28:57 pm »

Yeah, I was honestly kinda surprised that the suit of armor I'm looking to make isn't already a "thing". You'd figure not-dying would be pretty high up on people's priority list, but I guess not!

When you've seen what we've seen XD

It's not that not dying isn't a priority. It's that several of us have come to the conclusion, based on what we usually are up against, that it's better to not be hit at all and have END for when we do get hit than to rely on armor, at least until you're up to the level of a battle suit or avatar of war. The sort of armor you can put on a MK X suit doesn't do much except change it from behaving like tissue paper to behaving like a tin can: good enough for really, really low caliber, but it's just going to crush under most of what we see.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 14, 2014, 01:35:26 pm »

Well, it's in plans. There's Anton's MCS, Saint's (I think) MkIV, someone else was making something, and of course there's the Milnoplate.

So far I have re-formulated these plans for the MCS. It consists of:

> Base suit: mostly a MkIII stripped of its rocket pods, but fitted with an assortment of hardpoints and some advanced software. Cheaper than a MkIII to allow a lower entry cost.

> Armor components: Easily applied armor sets of different types, standardized so that no DIY work is necessary. Probably some variations of Light/Heavy/Absorbent/Reactive armor.

> Torso packs: Propulsion and mission packs, either providing a manner of flight capability or some form of dedicated combat role. "Propulsion" are Rocket and Aerial flight so far. "Mission" is Melee combat, Ranged combat, Artillery, and Support.
  • Rocket - Standard MkIII rocket pods, fuel cell to convert rocket fuel into power.
  • Aerial - Ducted turbofan pylons, generator to power them
  • Melee combat - Forearm-mounted powered impact hammers, wide enough to act as shields, kinamp-tipped. Add-on upper exoskeleton to handle the force of using the impact hammers, plus powerplant.
  • Ranged combat - Two articulate synthoid arms, each holding a standard weapon, mounted behind the back. Pair of smaller articulate arms to supplement reloading. Support AI core to handle targeting of the extra weapons.
  • Artillery - Two pods for holding large weapons mounted behind the back, plus powerplant to supply power and an upper exoskeletal reinforcement to handle the weight. Pods are body-length, and can be configured to fire either over the shoulder or under the arm. Support AI core to handle targeting with two weapons at once. Bracing supports optional.
  • Support - An assortment of systems, including powerful comms array, medical systems, repair materials, survival gear, and a complement of versatile drones that can be used for combat, recon, comms relay, and beyond-LOS targeting.
> Limb packs: These are more vague, but they're intended to mostly supplement the mobility of the Mission packs, or to give more function to the Propulsion packs. Without writing out the details like above, the mobility packs include a set of motorized rollers (for legs and arms if you need it), regular jump boots, rocket jump boots (very limited fuel there), good old Enhanced Mobility system modified to run directly off regular power rather fuel reserves (think MASC if you know Battletech, gradually wears out with use), and I even thought of having an underwater impeller set for underwater missions. Functional packs (that don't occupy the torso and the back) are rather scarce, so far I can't think of anything except some kind of additional weapons array, leg-mounted (so you could very convincingly imitate a gunship if you wanted to). Ideas are welcome.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 14, 2014, 05:11:00 pm »

Does my Halberd Mech count?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #371 on: May 15, 2014, 02:31:37 pm »

Hey piecewise,

If i were to somehow get my hands on that eternally burning piece of rebar that came into existence during the gratesplosion...
And if i somehow invented or discovered an infinite water source or a highly efficient steam re-condenser...

Could i make a steam turbine for jacks APC that would replace its need for fuel?
thermocouples bro.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 15, 2014, 03:48:18 pm »

So, for my first project, I wanted to make a deadlier grenade for the launcher I'm getting. First off, Michael pulls up all info on all standard grenade launchers and Simus's custom job(if that isn't encrypted).
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 15, 2014, 03:58:33 pm »

Deadlier?  You should ask Simus about the grenades she's made.  I'm not sure you could get much deadlier than hers without a nuclear grenade.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 15, 2014, 04:06:34 pm »

Deadlier?  You should ask Simus about the grenades she's made.  I'm not sure you could get much deadlier than hers without a nuclear grenade.
FOOF. Or Antimatter. Or MIRV grenades. Or something.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 127