Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216123 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #570 on: June 02, 2014, 10:15:25 am »

I cannot watch videos ever due to miniscule data limit.

I can tell im gonna have to try drawing it, my sword blade doesnt spin or have a rotating arm, are you confusing me with paris?
My weapon is an oscillation tool.
The blade moves in, out and side to side but doesnt rotate, spin or move up and down.
Vibranium filament makes up almost the entire outside edge of the blade section.
Lock pins are there to keep the blade from turning and impacting against the inside of the hilt.

Bump the death tube temp up to 5000°C to shut GWG up.

Start new project.
Spawn kinetic amplifier and gauss rifle.
Cannibalize gauss rifle to build an arm mounted self resetting gauss piston.
Place a springloaded plate on end of barrel with trigger behind it so when you punch stuff it fires the gauss round into the back of the plate.
Incorporate kinetic amp into the trigger plate so that when gauss piston fires it strikes the amp a few millimeters before its stopping point and activates the amp firing god knows how much kinetic energy into the target.
Save as gauss piledriver.

can i get price check and testing on all 3 projects please?

Oh so the filament itself is made of the stuff?

Alright. Teammate melter up to 5000.

You know there's an upper limit to what the suits protect from right? They do great against could and pretty good against hot but I'm starting to think you might accidentally kill yourself with radiant heat. Or just set everything around you on fire.

So basically the piledriver from "All you need is kill" or EDF but with an amp on it?

First one...probably too expensive to be worth it.

Glowstick is...probably something like 6 or 7 because of materials.

Piledriver? Like 5. Most of it being the rifle and the amp.
Yeah just the filament. It doesnt even need to be double sided, simply the front edge and a V for the point would suffice.
I actually thought that the vibranium sword would be cheaper than the glowstick, a thimble full of material can be stretched a for over a kilometre if you make it thin enough and i only need a few feet. The rest of the weapon is simply a recyclyed monorazor hilt.

Yeah, ive been considering adding directional heat shields but simply setting everything around me on fire is good too.

Never watched either of those, i simply desired a purely dexterity based weapon with a preset/presettable damage level.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:22:36 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 02, 2014, 10:31:09 am »

Say, PW, can we Hephaestusians run ideas and designs by you here, or will that have to wait until we've handled the internal matters on the planet?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 02, 2014, 10:43:51 am »

Pyro, would Simus be willing to build a test model of the Halberd for field testing?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 02, 2014, 10:57:24 am »

Hmmm, maybe i should send my gauss piledriver design to anton for tweaking and mass production.

On the sword it would cost 5 tokens because its a custom job requiring a gauss rifle to be repurposed, on haphaestus it can be manufactured cheaper by building it using a standardized gauss piston and even incorporated into prosthetic limbs and mecha forces.

Reasoning:
Mass produced variant is intended to be incorporated into the owners gear and would not need the reloading system, overcharge circuitry or its own generator as it can simply draw its power direcly from whatever system it is incorporated into.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:20:25 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 02, 2014, 11:27:33 am »

I'd probably take the thing out on a mission for field tests before trying to put it into mass production, but that's just me.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 02, 2014, 11:29:11 am »

I'd probably take the thing out on a mission for field tests before trying to put it into mass production, but that's just me.
The sword or my mech?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 02, 2014, 11:30:42 am »

Well, anything really. Was referring to the piledriver thing though, but it holds true for any piece of untested hardware.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 02, 2014, 11:34:53 am »

The sword or my mech?

Pretty sure he means my piledriver.

The effectiveness of kinetic amps is already proven against most targets using standard dex+str rolls, my piledriver negates the need for a strength roll and astronomically increases their damage output making them effective against even heavily armored targets.
Its effectiveness is pretty much gauranteed if you can get close enough to use it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 02, 2014, 11:38:17 am »

Heh, gauss piledriver. Now we need shoulder-mounted mass titanium flechette launchers, three-barrel rotary autocannon, and a head-mounted thermal blade.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 02, 2014, 11:38:22 am »

Which is exactly the sort of thing a field test could confirm. I haven't given any thought on the basic idea so I won't comment there, but I'd caution against trying to manufacture 20,000 units of a weapon that could have some as-of-yet undiscovered drawback or design flaw. That's all I'm saying.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 02, 2014, 11:41:32 am »

Don't worry, everything we approve for mass production is going to undergo rigorous field testing.

With actual mockup wars if need be. I mean, the dead Sod bodies can be recycled back into the 'pits, right?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 02, 2014, 11:44:40 am »

And hey, you can use the base body of the Halberd for testing other systems as well if you want,.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 02, 2014, 11:45:42 am »

Heh, gauss piledriver. Now we need shoulder-mounted mass titanium flechette launchers, three-barrel rotary autocannon, and a head-mounted thermal blade.

Edit: stupid phone posted before i even had a chance to write my comment.

Is it bad i want to make a working scal model of this for the sole purpose of feeding it into the pill machine?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:47:37 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 02, 2014, 12:03:08 pm »

Is it bad i want to make a working scal model of this for the sole purpose of feeding it into the pill machine?
Is it bad that I want to have a working model of this:

...just so we can nickname it "The Big Ow"?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 02, 2014, 12:30:09 pm »

Is it bad that I want to have a working model of this:
...just so we can nickname it "The Big Ow"?
Only if its bad that i want to make this:

...Just because i suspect i know how.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 127