Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 106410 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Again?!?)
« Reply #1215 on: April 09, 2014, 02:35:29 pm »

(I think the apocalypse for some probably falls under slightly figurative. Elsa didn't freeze Arendell solid, it seems like she literally made it winter, with snow and all the animals having their winter coats. Oil, crystal, and metal would probably be just literally that stuff covering everything, but for Hydrogen I imagine a new, miniature sun slowly growing until the world is burned, and for light I'd guess it might cause eternal day, throwing nature out of whack. Or, seeing as sorcerers seem able to make their element go away, eternal night.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 09, 2014, 03:40:45 pm »

Elsa didn't banish all the ice in Arendell. The apocalypses people make are just the end result of channeling a lot of power without much control. I've been meaning to have more of a gradient between normal magic and apocalyptic mistakes, but I don't want to screw you guys over too badly.
And the "winter" caused seemed to be just making a lot of ice and snow. Anything more wintery brings up many questions, such as "How did she change the sunrise/set cycle?", "Does that mean animals migrated or something?" and "Wait, what kind of winter produces giant sideways icicles overnight?".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 10, 2014, 09:20:26 am »

Yeah, my apocalypse would either make the atmosphere hydrogen or maaaaaybe induce nuclear fusion in my close vacinity.

Either way, bad news.

SO YEAH MIGHT HAVE PROBLEMS THAR. back to regularly scheduled mayhem.

"Well, that was easy."

Brush yourself off, admire the bigass black spot that used to be the remnants of the enemy force, and...

Wait aren't we missing people? Fuck it, not my problem. TO THE BOSS LADY UNLESS I HAVE FURTHER ORDERS!
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 10, 2014, 09:40:58 am »

"I think I know what time it is."

That's right, corpse counting time! Who's alive, who's dead? It's a mystery, but not for long! Let's count the corpses, take the nicer loot of the dead and be happy and singing about those melting icemen! Yes! Also check if that Finna lady is dead or not. Fingers crossed, people!
There were two dozen soldiers, plus Finna. Several fell to the icemen; they are dead, either killed by them, mortally wounded, or else just unable to dodge your collective flaming wrath. Several more indisputably died from your flames and lights. There are eleven surviving soldiers, half of whom are badly wounded. Only two are more or less unharmed.
Finna: [3+1]
Finna isn't in great shape, but she's alive. And angry.

Kyle digs up the crystal while it's small qnd then continues following Selina.
"What the hell lass! I was trying to help!"
Selina keeps running until she can find a place to bandage up M. More crystal blasts at people's feet if they to follow.
Kyle attempts to convince Selina to wait up. It seems, however, that he doesn't know how to talk to women except to get them to sleep with him. Might explain why Finna doesn't like him. Anyways, Selina's zapping him.
Focus: [5+0.4=6]
Power: [2]
Control: [3-0.2=3]
Selina's magic crystallizes into a low, wide wall. Kyle hops over it and continues.
Kyle: [1-0.2-0.2=0]
Selina: [3+1-1=3]
Not for long, though--he quickly trips. His ankle hurts.

"I think I know what time it is."

That's right, corpse counting time! Who's alive, who's dead? It's a mystery, but not for long! Let's count the corpses, take the nicer loot of the dead and be happy and singing about those melting icemen! Yes! Also check if that Finna lady is dead or not. Fingers crossed, people!
Join in on the number! Tap dance even though we're in snow!
The only snow that was here came from the Icemen, and that's all gone by now.
You tap-dance over to Kext. Despite the fact that you don't have tap shoes, and the ground isn't nearly hard enough for those to make the trademark tappy sounds anyways. Everyone alive gives you funny looks.

Wake up, back to
Dash around, checking who dead and who not. Drag the dead to one side, so the healers can focus on the living.
[2] Zzz.

"Well, that was easy."
Brush yourself off, admire the bigass black spot that used to be the remnants of the enemy force, and...
Wait aren't we missing people? Fuck it, not my problem. TO THE BOSS LADY UNLESS I HAVE FURTHER ORDERS!

It's not so much a "big black spot" as a bit of sparse forest with a bunch of scorch marks of varying sizes and a lot of plants on fire. And a couple less team members than there should be.
You skip over to Finna and ask for orders.
"Think you can stop the fires? Those don't look good."

Everyone near Finna looks around and notes that, yes, there are fires. This is bad. They're still pretty small, but there's a lot of them. Fire tends to not be good at healing people.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Smokey Looks On In Anger)
« Reply #1219 on: April 10, 2014, 09:42:47 am »

Selina keeps running until she finds a small spot to hide in and help M.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:33:59 pm by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 10, 2014, 09:47:35 am »

You ignored my first action.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:41 am »

The crystal isn't small.
Also, I didn't see it. But I think the first point is more relevant.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 10, 2014, 10:00:06 am »

Still. That isn't going to stop me from preventing you to try and end the world. Again.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 10, 2014, 10:13:28 am »

-snip-

(For a light apocalypse, eternal day or night still sounds more likely than the world getting covered in disco lasers, though.)

Still. That isn't going to stop me from preventing you to try and end the world. Again.
(By all means! Go for it!)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 10, 2014, 10:16:19 am »

If you want to remove the crystals, you can't be chasing Selina at the same time. The good (?) news is that Selina's getting away, so now you can work on that crystal.

(For a light apocalypse, eternal day or night still sounds more likely than the world getting covered in disco lasers, though.)
It all depends upon your interpretation of how magic works. I interpreted it simply and literally; Elsa has Ice Magic (plus the ability to make the ice magical in various ways; e.g, living), so she makes ice and covers the world in it. Light...well, it depends on what he was trying to do at the time, I guess.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 10, 2014, 10:25:50 am »

It still doesn't excuse the fact that you ignored my action which is probably one of the most important.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 10, 2014, 10:34:59 am »

*ignores drama and continues to post*

"Not magically, no. Whatever the fuck it is I control makes fire, but it's not fire. Normally? I can try."

See if I can get a blanket or something, and smother what fires I can, cut off those I can't from more fuel. Basically, run containment. Grab anyone that's able to work to help me.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 10, 2014, 10:38:14 am »

"Uh, we ain't gonna be stoppin' anything with magic, lady, since me and pirate lady've got flammable powers, lightman sets fires and the rest are kinda out at the moment. And these are oil fires. And I've been round the block enough to know that ya can't put out an oil fire this easy. We better just scram outta the area fer now."

Grab everyone who doesn't look like they're about to die in the next two minutes (get help from the lucky two unharmed schmucks) and get everyone clear of the deadly zone.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 10, 2014, 10:49:47 am »

"Aye, the only real way for us to put them out magically would be ta give it so much accellerant that it uses up its fuel before it can spread."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 10, 2014, 11:03:47 am »

It still doesn't excuse the fact that you ignored my action which is probably one of the most important.
Well...your action was a little bit impossible.

"Aye, the only real way for us to put them out magically would be ta give it so much accellerant that it uses up its fuel before it can spread."
"That sounds...counterproductive."
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 90