Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 106196 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Characters Needed; 9?/6 Sheets but Not FCFS; You Can Still Apply)
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2014, 10:20:30 pm »

(Also, wouldn't light and sound be just as manipulable as fire? Creation/Manipulation/Negation thereof has several obvious and useful applications)
Well, even Fire is supposed to be damn rare compared to solider things. You might have a point with light, but I'm drawing the line at sound.

And you need a character idea? Well...you have some options. Simplest: Take a character you like and change things until he/she fits the game! More complex options involve selecting a few elements you know you want in your character and going from there. Or you could go to some random generator site; I'd recommend Seventh Sanctum, but they overhauled the way their site works and I like it less now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2014, 10:21:41 pm »

Or do what I did, consider making a joke that if it's elemental magic, then fire shouldn't be a goddamn element, it should be boron and shit, and then decide that actually would make a cool concept and run with it :P and then have it become a pirate because you find an interesting picture.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2014, 10:56:17 pm »

Please not a pirate. We don't need two gorram pirates.

And don't you dare make a ninja just because I said not to be a pirate.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2014, 11:39:55 pm »

Alright, you've sold me. Character being made.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((DONE!))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:45:03 pm by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2014, 12:34:29 am »

I'm quite tired now, but sheet is definitely going up tomorrow.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2014, 12:54:46 am »

I'll definitely put a sheet in tomorrow when I'm conscious. But I'll reserve bone as my element if nobody's taken it yet.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2014, 12:55:51 am »

It's probably a good thing I'm limited in whom I can roleplay. Because otherwise I'd probably try to play some kind of general-purpose camaraderie-powered female mage with a purple starburst curse mark on the buttcheeks.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2014, 01:01:53 am »

I'll definitely put a sheet in tomorrow when I'm conscious. But I'll reserve bone as my element if nobody's taken it yet.
Hey, we just need someone who can make organs (if I can't for some reason) and we can make a people!

It's probably a good thing I'm limited in whom I can roleplay. Because otherwise I'd probably try to play some kind of general-purpose camaraderie-powered female mage with a purple starburst curse mark on the buttcheeks.
DO IT.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2014, 01:14:53 am »

I'm interested.
GWG, do we need to be human?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2014, 01:16:29 am »

Cursed can be semi-non-human and gifted people can have normal but odd parts.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2014, 03:28:16 am »

I have finished my sheet.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2014, 06:48:30 am »

Spoiler: Yuun Rhavi (click to show/hide)

Alright, I understand that the whole background of my character is invalid if magic is not inherited. I'll rewrite it, if that's the case. Sorry. Are my skills alright?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:08:41 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2014, 07:39:28 am »

Ah.
Well, one big thing is that Malignant Curse doesn't have much of an effect on you. Aside from that, most of the stuff is stuff I'd be handling in my secret GM tweaking chamber.
So what do you suggest it should do instead?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2014, 07:44:43 am »

Hey, we just need someone who can make organs (if I can't for some reason) and we can make a people!
A brainless one.

Mark: His eyes, which could be taken for very, very light brown, but are actually honey-yellow.
Excellent Mark.

Catalyst Emotion: Approval, both of others and his own, in the sense of doing the right thing.
A bit...well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's not a very "active" emotion. Fear, hate, anger, lust, guilt, even depression are all "Active" emotions that drive out rational thought and replacing it with emotional response. That's a bit part of what the catalyst emotion is supposed to be.

Alright, I understand that the whole background of my character is invalid if magic is not inherited. I'll rewrite it, if that's the case. Sorry. Are my skills alright?
It's fine.
The source material was not focused on the details of magic or where it came from, so it's all good.
Don't expect "primitive crafting" to be making you anything detailed or complex without a great roll, and I assume "remedy-making" is making medicines from plants and such?

Ah.
Well, one big thing is that Malignant Curse doesn't have much of an effect on you. Aside from that, most of the stuff is stuff I'd be handling in my secret GM tweaking chamber.
So what do you suggest it should do instead?
Probably the same, but with some negative effect attached to the curse spreading.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2014, 07:51:24 am »

Oh, so lust would be a better one than pleasure?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 90