Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 106198 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Thawed (Wrapping Up)
« Reply #1320 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:50 pm »

Someone should totally do a spinoff where, hundreds of years later, someone opens the iron cube
This marks the beginning of the Tiberium Era..

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 15, 2014, 08:56:21 pm »

That's probably accurate, but still...
You were willing to do the apocalypse twice for some arbitrary reason. You lost the right to not be assumed to try and end the world.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 15, 2014, 08:57:14 pm »

Someone should totally do a spinoff where, hundreds of years later, someone opens the iron cube
This marks the beginning of the Tiberium Era..
...Now I feel like I need to play command and conquered again.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 15, 2014, 09:11:37 pm »

That's probably accurate, but still...
You were willing to do the apocalypse twice for some arbitrary reason. You lost the right to not be assumed to try and end the world.
"Arbitrary reason," huh? So I should ignore the source material and not let even the worst of rolls cause potential apocolyp...ses? Apocalypsises? Apocolypti?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 15, 2014, 09:18:36 pm »

There isn't a reason to have the apocalypse happen in the first place. And you did say that the queen is a special case.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 15, 2014, 09:20:43 pm »

The apocalypses are supposed to be symptomatic of the reasons you're supposed to treat magic as something you only use when you need to, which is a fact that no one seems to get no matter how much I remind you.

The queen is special because of what happened after the events of the movie. Ie, she didn't try to avoid using magic and she wasn't lynched, so she learned how to use her magic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 15, 2014, 09:22:36 pm »

If you haven't noticed the only one who hasn't done that in response to major amount of magic being used against them is the one who should be most scared of doing so.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 15, 2014, 09:24:46 pm »

I don't think GWG fudged the rolls. I just think Selina was unfortunate enough to get a critical failure both times.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 15, 2014, 09:25:43 pm »

That doesn't change the fact that it's to easy to start an apocalypse.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 15, 2014, 09:28:33 pm »

I don't think GWG fudged the rolls. I just think Selina was unfortunate enough to get a critical failure both times.
((My powers failed me. :( ))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1330 on: April 15, 2014, 09:35:53 pm »

I agree with KJ, but I wish he wouldn't be so rude about it. :c

Anyway, especially when cursed characters get +1 power, -1 control, which makes something like that far more likely, I think being able to cause apoc is far too easy. And if 1 control and 6 power results in apocalypse, what happens when I get a 0 and a 7?!! D: *universe is struck by sudden discoapoc*

---

It kinda sucks the way this works though. Personally when I saw the game I signed up for the magic, which is the biggest feature of the game. Our characters, our stats, our backgrounds are based around using magic.

"Dood. Don't use magic."

Heck to the no. *zapzapzap~* I'm a cool guy with bangy powahs and I am going to use them thank you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 15, 2014, 09:49:14 pm »

That doesn't change the fact that it's to easy to start an apocalypse.
You need to overshoot the power roll and critfail the control roll. And if you want it to be a serious apocalypse, you need a 7/0 type of thing.

It seems that fantasy games with magical powers extant but a bad idea to use don't go over well. Noted.
Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1332 on: April 15, 2014, 09:51:38 pm »

Mostly it's annoying because it wasn't really apparent until I actually started playing.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 15, 2014, 09:54:50 pm »

It's more the fact that magic is such a big thing compared to the other skills and you're telling us it's bad and shouldn't be used compared to... the frankly boring mundane skills.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 15, 2014, 10:17:54 pm »

As with all good things, use in moderation. Use magic when you need to, but when mundane stuff works, use it.

Look at it this way. Like nuclear weapons, magic is probably capable of solving your problems. Like nuclear weapons, magic is entirely capable of making more problems for you.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90