Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼  (Read 25437 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2014, 10:45:57 pm »

Well, and i'm dropping this bombshell on everyone right now, but
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So I'd focus on training the military to be as strong as possible. Every dwarf must be able to hold his or her own in battle.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:48:35 pm by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2014, 11:45:13 pm »

So danger rooms OK or not OK?
Also what's razing invaders? I think I need to update masterwork DF.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2014, 05:09:46 am »

Wait, so goblins are going to burn our stuff? Dammit.

By the way, the dwarves are refusing to change their assigned jobs. Every time I remove a profession from them or add one, it just reverts back to the way it was before the second I leave their job screen. I've even tried using the Therapist and that does nothing.

Asmoth's Log, Granite 118.

I've been forced to take command of Willedabyss, as to not do so would be to allow anarchy to bring this fortress to ruin. There are several major problems that I intend to rectify, and then I plan to get these stockpile records up to standard, as all these question marks after everything are giving me a headache.

The first order of business is to dig out a proper dining room, since as far as I can tell, nearly all of our tables are under water. I don't know why. Next, I'll be digging out some proper bedrooms, and preferably hamstringing the mad bastard who's been forcing us to sleep above ground. Above. Ground.

I've also ordered the mechanics to put some cage traps outside the entrance, which will hopefully stop the many, many deaths that have been happening recently.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:02:59 am by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2014, 06:58:27 am »

Wait, so goblins are going to burn our stuff? Dammit.

By the way, the dwarves are refusing to change their assigned jobs. Every time I remove a profession from them or add one, it just reverts back to the way it was before the second I leave their job screen. I've even tried using the Therapist and that does nothing.

Asmoth's Log, Granite 118.

I've been forced to take command of Willedabyss, as to not do so would be to allow anarchy to bring this fortress to ruin. There are several major problems that I intend to rectify, and then I plan to get these stockpile records up to standard, as all these question marks after everything are giving me a headache.

The first order of business is to dig out a proper dining room, since as far as I can tell, nearly all of our tables are under water. I don't know why. Next, I'll be digging out some proper bedrooms, and preferably hamstringing the mad bastard who's been forcing us to sleep above ground. Above. Ground.

I've also ordered the mechanics to put some cage traps outside the entrance, which will hopefully stop the many, many deaths that have been happening recently.
that's the bug i was having. You just have to hope you get the dwarf with the job you need for it to work :(

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2014, 08:27:22 am »

So danger rooms OK or not OK?
Also what's razing invaders? I think I need to update masterwork DF.
Danger rooms are pretty much a requirement at this point. It is the best and fastest way to quickly train your army. As for your other question...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: As for the labor bug, is it possible that autolabor or autolabor 2 is on? If either of them are, then type in autolabor 0 in the console and then also type autolabor2 disable. That'll make sure that neither are running.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:30:24 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2014, 09:29:38 am »

So now I can't seem to load the save file at all. I'll try a few things, but if I can't get it working again, you might as well skip me.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2014, 09:47:50 am »

Yychh. That's unfortunate. I hope this game doesn't get too buggy. Also, I don't want Deus Asmoth's efforts to go to waste. Anywho, my method of dealing with invaders involves trap overload. Is anyone opposed to trap overload? No? Good. If you can put a mechanic in the corner making mechs ad infinitum and mebbe a carpenter making giant spiky balls. If nothing else, giant spiky balls make an excellent trade item and are basically the salvation of my one-player fortress that I've nicknamed "Goophalls". ( I used the military squad and a Doctor embark, not realizing it had no seeds. Starvation almost happened. Also, grey goo is falling from the sky x20 )

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2014, 10:46:40 am »

If need be, I suppose we can re-embark in another swamp so that poor Hugo doesn't have to write another backstory.
Besides, there's a big update for Masterwork anyway that might be more fun to use.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2014, 11:15:21 am »

Mm. If need be, I suppose. Let's not let that need arise.

Also: I JUST NOW GOT THIS VERSION! Ah well. I don't suppose another large download is going to hurt my school any. :)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2014, 11:58:33 am »

Ok, so my current plan is downloading the save again and hoping it was just a glitch that broke the last one. I won't lose too much data, since I only got to the end of spring. I'm assuming that if I can't load my own save file, there's no point in uploading it.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Succession Fortress
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2014, 02:22:10 pm »

Everything seems to be working properly now, so here's spring.

Asmoth's Log, 1st of Hematite 118

I hate goblins. But more on that later. Once I finished sorting out the mire of labour problems in the fortress, things started going more smoothly. The miners finished digging out some bedrooms in late Slate, so I've had them searching for magma, which should be useful in some way or another. Construction has also been proceeding on an above ground dining room with more that one table, and I've gotten a small graveyard dug as well, because all there coffins littered everywhere are a bit creepy.

One of our carpenters started muttering and running around the fortress, then vanished for a couple of weeks, reappearing with a grate that he calls Cloudpages.

The elven merchants arrived a few weeks ago, along with a squad of goblin archers. I called the militia to action, but they all muttered something about needing a drink first. Only the militia commander and Nabreth Sankestasob went to fight them Wasara, the commander was killed, most likely because he didn't bring any weapons. Or armour. Nabreth killed two goblins, so he's the commander now. The elves didn't have anything worthwhile.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:14 pm »

Listen guys. My birthday is the 10th, so this weekend the fam and I are going to go do stuff for that. So if Deus Asmoth finishes his turn in the next two days, I'd like a day or two to claim. I still want to take my turn though.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2014, 04:53:42 pm »

Everything seems to be working properly now, so here's spring.

Asmoth's Log, 1st of Hematite 118

I hate goblins. But more on that later. Once I finished sorting out the mire of labour problems in the fortress, things started going more smoothly. The miners finished digging out some bedrooms in late Slate, so I've had them searching for magma, which should be useful in some way or another. Construction has also been proceeding on an above ground dining room with more that one table, and I've gotten a small graveyard dug as well, because all there coffins littered everywhere are a bit creepy.

One of our carpenters started muttering and running around the fortress, then vanished for a couple of weeks, reappearing with a grate that he calls Cloudpages.

The elven merchants arrived a few weeks ago, along with a squad of goblin archers. I called the militia to action, but they all muttered something about needing a drink first. Only the militia commander and Nabreth Sankestasob went to fight them Wasara, the commander was killed, most likely because he didn't bring any weapons. Or armour. Nabreth killed two goblins, so he's the commander now. The elves didn't have anything worthwhile.
"I DON'T NEED WEAPONS OR ARMOUR! I'LL KILL THOSE FILTHY GOBLINS WITH MY BARE HANDS!"
*Last words of Wasara, suicidal commander of Willedabyss*

Don't you have the military set to carry their equipment at all times? Well, anyway at least I died in the line of duty. I'll try and see if I can think up a story explaining why I did that. Don't bother redorfing me, I'll do it when my turn comes along.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2014, 05:33:55 pm »

I think that I forgot to turn off woodcutting on him, so when I told him to do something military related, he dropped his axe and went on his merry way. I guess he must have seen the goblins while looking for a weapon and gone all Leeroy Jenkins on them.

I have everyone but Ringo dwarfed now, though Apollo is part-timing as a mason so I can get that dining hall up.

By the way, are arrows bigger in Masterwork or something? One dwarf got decapitated by one, and another got his leg severed by one.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:40:47 pm by Deus Asmoth »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2014, 09:09:57 am »

Asmoth's Log, Summer of 118

Work on the magma forges is going well. We now have one full squad of fully equipped and competent dwarfs. Of course, by competent I mean that each of them should be capable of routing a goblin siege single handed. They're only using bronze for now, as the miners are on the search for flux stones. My hopes for covering the entrances of the fortress with glass traps was dashed by the discovery that we have no sand.

One of our masons took a workshop and started gathering materials. He stood there for a few weeks, saying that he needed cloth, but via apostles weren't able to pray us up any. Naturally, the second he went insane, the humans arrived.

No sign of any goblins this season, apart from a few kidnappers. I threw them into the rubbish chute, along with all those corpse bits we have lying around. It leads directly to our magma.

The dining room is nearly finished. After we get everything set up, I'm hoping to build a wall around the fortress, maybe with weapon traps around it in case any goblins try to demolish it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19