Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 369243 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Banter thread: I is kinda back!
« Reply #1350 on: July 15, 2015, 03:10:38 pm »

Fun facts: Our moderator today, Teneb?  Was scum IC in the first game I ever played, BM 44 The Court of Colors (under the name Deathsword).  Our scum IC, Persus13?  A player in that game: the jailkeeper (I was cop).  Our other IC, notquitethere?  Was in my second game and first bastard game, Smstr W/ Love, where he was lynched D1 as supposedly confirmed town (It's complicated).  And me?  One and a half year veteran of this subforum and runner of two completed main mafia games (The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls and Operation Overlord: Day Five) and one completed BM (BM 48 In a Galaxy Far Far Away).

I found the fun quantity in these facts to be somewhat lacking.  Would not read again.
I've been wondering why I couldn't find Deathsword since ever. Hello Teneb! Something struck me as familiar (despite your signature being the culprit) but I couldn't pinpoint what :P

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 15, 2015, 03:33:41 pm »

I've been wondering why I couldn't find Deathsword since ever. Hello Teneb! Something struck me as familiar (despite your signature being the culprit) but I couldn't pinpoint what :P
Congratulations Tiruin, you managed to make me chuckle :D :D

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 16, 2015, 08:32:41 am »

To be fair, I didn't realize Teneb was the artist formerly known as Deathsword because the first posts I saw from Teneb were in the Other Games part of the Forum which I just started getting into. I just assumed Teneb was a forumite I hadn't met.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 26, 2015, 04:56:55 pm »

So I was thinking of running a superhero themed game, since I don't think there's been one of those here before. But I've only run a couple of basic games in person, which seems fairly different to forum-type stuff. If there's anyone who'd like to look over the role ideas in case I've missed something astoundingly unbalanced it'd be nice.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 26, 2015, 05:01:20 pm »

So I was thinking of running a superhero themed game, since I don't think there's been one of those here before. But I've only run a couple of basic games in person, which seems fairly different to forum-type stuff. If there's anyone who'd like to look over the role ideas in case I've missed something astoundingly unbalanced it'd be nice.
I can look over it, I don't have the time or energy to play any more mafia games beyond those I currently have for the next couple months.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 26, 2015, 05:09:29 pm »

I would... but for obvious reasons that likely wouldn't be good enough.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 26, 2015, 06:48:29 pm »

I shall get my ideas in some form of order presently, then.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 26, 2015, 11:45:18 pm »

Anyone able to replace into Two Fold C9++ for redmagecole?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 27, 2015, 02:28:15 am »

I'll replace in.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 27, 2015, 09:05:09 am »

I could likely give you an nth opinion on that too.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 28, 2015, 10:46:16 am »

i'll read over the rules.  My past experiences give me a good nose for balance :P

Also... I need to not be so scum-gressive day one unless I have some sorta defense town power.  Heheh that was fun but left me wanting more, like pringles.

-On another note, someone should probably run a beginner's Mafia soon.  Noticed a lot of new people in C++ who could probably stand to have active mentors.  I'd mentor the game or could start it myself if no one more experienced wants to.
Nom nom nom

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 28, 2015, 10:50:26 am »

I use a Google Docs Template for all of my games. Works well for keeping stuff in one place and letting you know if you have duplicate votes and whatnot.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: September 07, 2015, 10:01:48 pm »

One is not needed yet, but potential replace-ins for TwoFold C9++ lining up in case either of two players don't show soon would be appreciated.

Edit: Belay that, I need one right now, I missed a request to be replaced.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:29:07 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 08, 2015, 07:50:42 am »

I can replace in if you need someone.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 20, 2015, 01:46:37 am »

I'm running a mafia and masons with a dwarf fortress theme and need some players.

Also an opinion, I want to give both the mafia and masons access to a chat, but I realize that if they could have access to it 24/7 they would easily win, I'm thinking limiting it to only the first 24 hours after a lynch, would that still be unbalanced?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 193