Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 369265 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Banter thread: TolyK? Impossible!
« Reply #1425 on: October 23, 2015, 12:39:52 pm »

Politics: currently dislike most republicans, however the few sane ones (which are usually trashed by Fox and don't make it to elections or really stand a chance if they do make it) tend to be much better candidates than the democratic ones. So my vote switches between the parties a lot. right now I'm defaulting to planning on voting Dem for the next prez, but am waiting to see how the republican primaries go, because I might be surprised and have one of their good candidates make it through for once.
am independent, fiscally conservative, socially liberal.
Religion: Agnostic. I'm pretty sure God is real, but have yet to find an organized religion I could get behind. I put christian non-denominational on paperwork though because my family is christian and if something happens to me I want to comfort them as best I can. And it's as good a random guess as any as to which religion got it right anyway.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 23, 2015, 02:31:32 pm »

I am a christian myself. Evangelical denomination. Lenglon, if you have any questions about it, you can ask me.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 23, 2015, 02:57:34 pm »

I'm technically an orthodox/catholic christian, but de facto I'm basically an RNG/Simunationist. I guess.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 23, 2015, 04:13:34 pm »

I was raised Catholic, though I'm agnostic. Agnostic-theist, for the most part, though I dabble in agnostic-atheism depending on how pissed off I get with the organised religions. And people who say "God said this so I must do this and everyone else must do this even if they don't follow the same religion and/or God as me."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 23, 2015, 04:52:29 pm »

I was raised Catholic, though I'm agnostic. Agnostic-theist, for the most part, though I dabble in agnostic-atheism depending on how pissed off I get with the organised religions. And people who say "God said this so I must do this and everyone else must do this even if they don't follow the same religion and/or God as me."
It normally depends on how much of the bible someone read. I see alot of Christians doing what you just said. But the morality described in the bible is taught to be a result of getting saved, rather than a prerequisite.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 23, 2015, 06:20:00 pm »

I'm a Unitarian Universalist, born and raised
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 23, 2015, 08:16:26 pm »

I'm LDS.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 23, 2015, 11:17:41 pm »

And people who say "God said this so I must do this and everyone else must do this even if they don't follow the same religion and/or God as me."
Its because people with relatively strong moral convictions think that everyone will benefit from following the same. Its just Religious convictions can be more obnoxious because if you disagree with them, its hard to successfully argue why without extensive knowledge of their particular tradition.

As for religion, I'm a Christian who goes Reformed Calvinist college, denominations aren't a big deal for me, most of them just disagree on really mundane stuff.

To get slightly back to a mafia topic, I've gone from the mafia board for a bit, it feels like, and I'm not sure I'll want to play mafia again in the near future, is there anything exciting I missed besides the return of the TolyK and closure to KYOSN? Does this mean Webadict will reappear in 6 months?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 24, 2015, 12:22:31 am »

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 24, 2015, 12:29:26 am »

How did my banter thread become the religion thread?

We have something for this in GD.

The more things that happen in the mafia subforum the better.

Carry on then XD

(Note:Everything said here was in a joking tone)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 24, 2015, 07:03:46 am »

I still find it funny that the mafia players are among the most respectful people on the forum.  :P

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 24, 2015, 07:26:30 am »

Goddamn *insert religion here*, go *expletive* *expletive*.

Jokes aside, I think it's actually pretty easily explained. Mafia players are likely to have a better-than-average communication skill, and that seems to correlate with respectful communication.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 24, 2015, 10:32:57 am »

Yeah cause if they don't they get lynched
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 24, 2015, 10:52:56 am »

Not to be *that guy*, but I've honestly never gotten the point of religion. As in, I've never felt that there's any reason to think that there's some driving force (and especially not a benevolent one) behind life, the universe and everything.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 24, 2015, 11:21:53 am »

Not to be *that guy*, but I've honestly never gotten the point of religion. As in, I've never felt that there's any reason to think that there's some driving force (and especially not a benevolent one) behind life, the universe and everything.

It deserves a +1, even if others think you're that guy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 193