Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 370425 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Banter thread. Oh, and some quote or another.
« Reply #1725 on: April 08, 2016, 06:45:13 am »

I really liked the story, although Vector-accent confused me.
Is Vector. Is only yoke, see?
I suppose I should clarify that I was confused about how it got there, not what it was.

Even though I'm like two weeks late.
Mostly because she seems to enjoy languages, and those two seemed to happen more often. Plus, they have a bit of a special ops vibe to them, so might as well have her be one.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 08, 2016, 02:58:54 pm »

True that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 08, 2016, 11:32:59 pm »

Plus, they have a bit of a special ops vibe to them, so might as well have her be one.
My thoughts exactly <_<
(It's not like I'm profiling everyone's characteristics for RPG character use and stuff whenever games I play give that opportunity...)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 09, 2016, 04:39:21 am »

I'd be curious what you'd profile me as.
(:P ?) :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 09, 2016, 09:17:51 am »

I'm curious what you'd profile me as.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 09, 2016, 09:50:29 am »

I'd be curious what you'd profile me as.
(:P ?) :P
You gotta fix your avatar.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 10, 2016, 01:39:21 am »

Question for everyone: What things outside of Mafia have most strongly influenced the way you play/look at Mafia?

For me, the most significant is the book How to Look Good in a War, largely about the complexities of the relationship between transparency and secrecy.  I was already looking at Mafia as centred around transparency and secrecy, so such a book was likely to have an impact.  Main (but not only) result: my current approach of often looking specifically at what players choose not to say/do.  That is, I now look specifically at what players choose not to reveal in addition to the material they reveal.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 10, 2016, 02:11:35 am »

I think the single biggest influence on my mafia play was a course and book on formal logic. I generally play with the mechanics in mind even more than the psychology, though that might be biased by the fact I play/love role-heavy games. :p
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 10, 2016, 03:15:05 am »

Question for everyone: What things outside of Mafia have most strongly influenced the way you play/look at Mafia?
The Catholic church.  Think about it.

In orther news.  I have discovered this thing called Midori.  That has pretty much sealed the deal on me never not being an alcoholic.  It's so fantastic.

In toether other news:  Being an adult still sucks.  Being a homeowning adult sucks harder.  Enjoy your youth, kids.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 11, 2016, 09:20:28 pm »

For me, the most significant is the book How to Look Good in a War, largely about the complexities of the relationship between transparency and secrecy.  I was already looking at Mafia as centred around transparency and secrecy, so such a book was likely to have an impact.  Main (but not only) result: my current approach of often looking specifically at what players choose not to say/do.  That is, I now look specifically at what players choose not to reveal in addition to the material they reveal.
I almost died.

Made me not be so mad and angry all the time. You know, after that initial mad and angry phase.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 12, 2016, 05:49:07 am »

I'm sure at least a good portion of you have read Catch-22, right? Similar premise, though it's fiction.
A People's History of the United States? (I haven't finished this one, actually...)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 12, 2016, 08:19:35 am »

My memory.

Bluntly explained as 'I have a very, very distinct and unique feeling on remembering how conscience and existance was before being born', so it affects how I relate to other people and stuff. :O

But dear goodness I remember my first regular game as a newbie. <____< Broke into a cold sweat because Jim Groovester and many others were gonna lynch me D1 (although he was being very kindly and lenient, he was lynching me because I was a [badly playing Town] newwwwb that really didn't go as towny as I hoped to be).

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 12, 2016, 10:19:18 am »

You know how when you pretend to be something else, and forget what you actually are, that your pretending is so good? And then have the sudden epithany of "WTF am I doing?" Yeah. Because of that, I think that day phase questioning becomes less effective as the game goes on, since mafia and thirds will have lied so much about being town that they might forget that they're mafia, or disconnect from the role. Which makes me more reliant on mechanical actions and night phase activity to win.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 12, 2016, 08:19:31 pm »

Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney series
Aspergers Syndrome (Although doctors have perplexingly renamed it to Autism Spectrum Disorder; I'd honestly rather have a Syndrome than a Disorder, thanks! Disorder implies it's purely negative.)
Whatever popular media I have been watching or following recently
Living with my parents and having to defend my decision each and every time I'd rather stay home then go to one of my dad's music concerts (he plays trumpet)
Being a math nerd, Spreadsheets
Plot Twists in books and stuff

These are not necessarily in order.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 12, 2016, 09:26:18 pm »

Aspergers Syndrome (Although doctors have perplexingly renamed it to Autism Spectrum Disorder; I'd honestly rather have a Syndrome than a Disorder, thanks! Disorder implies it's purely negative.)
Let me introduce you to my friend Thomas Szasz.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 193