Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 671063 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Main Character Deaths Make Good Storylines!
« Reply #1725 on: July 27, 2014, 08:23:33 am »

I helped him not go crazy by decking out his rooms.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 27, 2014, 10:38:23 am »

Not really he was very unhappy when I started, since some one gave an other named dwarf an adamantine coffin well vlad had a silver one.

"Sir the salt blob has been killed and the remains are right here like your said, but why do you need this salt pile?"

"Simple my simple friend I needed its soul gem to help my failing friend before it's to late. So thank you for all your help but now you're need more then ever.

"UM how so sir?"

"Simple we need a body for him, so sorry about this. *Bashes him with a stool*

"Damm I liked that one, but never less get the blood and venom ready.

"Yeah yeah I got it. *Pulls the dwarf to a table* Hm what should we do with our experiment?"

"Just push it to the floor."

*Shoves indwarf hybrid to the floor* "Okay mix the blood, venom and salt pile together.
Then pour a circle with the mixture around the old soul gem, new one and the new body. *Forms the blood circle around the needed materials* Then light the mixture with sparks made from Adamantine and steel. So lets do this mister lichy. *Strikes the two metals together causing a mass of green flames to wrap around the dwarfs body* Whelp now let it cook for a hour and pull it out to cool yummy." *Leaves the lab and locks the door.

30 minutes later

"Dop dop dop!" "Mister overseer!"  "ARHH! Um hello Thane, so whats wrong.

Well you were busy in your lab the goblins sieged us and killed half of the traders but
the caravan guards and our men pushed them back but we lost the mayor and a few other dwarfs.

"Well at least you lead the troops into glory of the battle but I am not overseer any more so good luck you guys but I'm going to live the rest of my life in style in the caverns."

Hour later in the lab

*Lab door opens* "Aw a new body feels different from my old one, now I have some busy to attend to right Burto?"

*Out follows the hybrid* "Hm yes master."

Well that ends my turn, we got sieged buy a army of goblins and trolls but fought them back at the cost of the traders but I hope the offerings count so the queen comes. Dragon came and died easy, the dark fortress spears are not all hooked up yet so you have to do the rest of them. I also posted a shit ton of notes so good luck.

save
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9170

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 27, 2014, 02:30:35 pm »

I have a few questions.
1. What the hell happened with the depot? There are two of them and the outer depot bridge is in a different place.
2. Did you use a tileset? The tiles are all really fucked up.

The ground looks like this. It's even worse other places.
3. Why are there a bunch of chained-up and caged zombies?
4. Why is the ground on fire outside the entrances to the fort?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 27, 2014, 03:43:49 pm »

I have a few questions.
1. What the hell happened with the depot? There are two of them and the outer depot bridge is in a different place.
2. Did you use a tileset? The tiles are all really fucked up.

The ground looks like this. It's even worse other places.
3. Why are there a bunch of chained-up and caged zombies?
4. Why is the ground on fire outside the entrances to the fort?
1st trade melted and also temperature is off I think. Plus yes I used tileset but just change it with lazy newb pack. Fire outside is umm dragon shit curse, a dragons shit will always stay on fire. The extra trade deport outside the fort was a hurried one because it wouldn't work where you had the first one because of smoke and steam. One in the fort was for the humans, and the one under ground is a back up one for in case you need it. It was supposed to have traps over a drowning pit to flush the fallen goblins to the caverns. The zombie in the classroom is the class pet, ones in the lab is my experiments so don't touchy.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 27, 2014, 03:48:32 pm »

Not really he was very unhappy when I started, since some one gave an other named dwarf an adamantine coffin well vlad had a silver one.
Not my doings.
He was at least Happy when I turned in the save (I think), so it was either Flame or Deus that put the adamantine sarcophagus somewhere. My furnishings (read: GIANT SPIDER FULL OF SURVIVALIST STUFF) were not enough to do much more than slightly disturb him.
I imagine it went like this.

FallenAngel #2: "So, Vlad, how do you like my rooms?"
Vladimir Uristovich: "They are... slightly saddening, but thankfully I have a good statue, so all's well."

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 27, 2014, 04:55:47 pm »

My turn will begin soon.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 27, 2014, 05:03:16 pm »

My turn will begin soon.

I'll get started on Tarmid's obituary.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 27, 2014, 05:09:55 pm »

My turn will begin soon.

You're always so on top of things, aren't you? Anyhow, I'm working on the introductory post now.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 27, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »

My turn will begin soon.

You're always so on top of things, aren't you? Anyhow, I'm working on the introductory post now.
MY TABLE HAS RINGS OF DWARF BONE MADE OF GNORA.
I AM THE MOST INSANE SANE PERSON IN THIS INSANE FORT.
I ATE FLAME'S BED.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 27, 2014, 06:03:28 pm »

I was unaware that we had an adamantine coffin at all, let alone that someone used it. Unless I set it up by accident when I was trying to get everyone buried and didn't notice it in the list of materials, I don't think I'm responsible.

Also, the guy Artyom killed was convicted of violating the mayor's production order, so presumably Artyom just got unlucky with the beating and accidentally killed him.

A minor quibble, though. Thane would literally never call anyone Mister anything. She doesn't even give Brenzen his title, and they're on reasonably good terms. Then again, most of what she said in that entry I read as being sarcastic, so I guess it might still work.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:18:58 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 27, 2014, 07:27:41 pm »

Part I: Time is But a Circle

The old stone walls still stood, despite being almost entirely undisturbed for several years. Castle Helgarde was to be the great project of the old overseer; one of the fortress' great monuments. Yet for some reason the project was forgotten, and the dwarf turned to the caverns to construct the headquarters of the now defunct Miner's Guild. Still, what little was built of the castle managed to, ironically, out-live Helgarde himself, who died and was buried within the earth. If the rest of the fortress were to die overnight, their creations would still outlast them by one thousand years; such is the nature of the dwarves' creation.

Torvald stood against the stone wall inside of the ruins, thinking about the battle that had occurred the day prior. The goblins had sneaked in whilst the dwarves were trading, and a dragon came along as well to try its hand at the Demongate militia. All fall in Demongate; merchants fall to invaders, invaders to soldiers, and the very inhabitants of the fortress picked away at each other over the years. Torvald laid a glance on the soldiers marching outside of the barracks, some cradling broken bones and others looking forlornly at the spots where limbs were once attached. He, Torvald, took a slow, long drag from his cigar; times for relaxation came so infrequently these days that he liked enjoy every moment of his breaks.

The sudden sound of footsteps startled him, and he turned to see a familiar figure walk towards him. He was dressed all in bismuth bronze, and his prized sword was firmly attached to his belt. He too was smoking, though in his case it was a cigarette. He stood facing Torvald, though he did not look him directly in the eye.

"Are you Torvald?" he asked bluntly.

"Yessir, Captain Thanatos," was Torvald's response, "how are things going in the militia?"

"You're to follow me to the church."

"So this is him, yes?"

"Yes, your lordship. Although there is a lack of family resemblance, this is her brother."

"Then perhaps ve could be usingk him?"

Thanatos had led Torvald to a small group of dwarves. As it was comprised mostly of former overseers and founders of the fortress, many familiar dwarves could be seen there. The manager, duke, hammerer, chief medic, and commander all sat before him, exchanging glances with one another between the probing looks they gave him.

"What exactly do ya'll want with me?" Torvald asked.

"This committee is responsible for a majority of the legislature of Demongate," responded Tarmid. "You are no doubt aware of the previous year's overseer's insanity."

"I am. I suppose that did make ya'll a tad on edge."

"Correct," said Thane.

"So, this committee is really what's in charge of all 'round here. Tell me more about all of this. Was my sister on your committee?"

"No. In fact, she was quite opposed to it," said Cornelius.

"As for the committee secrets, ve do not discuss vith outsiders. Ve have proposal for you; take it or leave it."

"Overseeing Demongate has become a dangerous hassle," began Thane, "one which none of us have any interest in taking up at the moment. Seeing as you are one of the more stable members of the community, it was decided that you would be selected to take the helm."

"And what's in it for me? Why should I follow ya'll?"

"We are willing to make a deal: one year of overseeing and we will try to have your sister's remains returned to her birthplace."

"She grew quite apart from us in her late life," interjected Tarmid. "We all believe that she would have wanted to be buried as far away from Vlad as possible."

Torvald stood for a moment as he collected his thoughts. After about a minute of silence, a smile formed on his face, and he began to nod.

Torvald sat in his room with his pen and paper in hand. The committee had told him that it would not be necessary to announce himself, and that the people of Demongate would just accept that a new overseer had been selected; such is how things work in the fortress. Still, Torvald felt it was necessary to write to one person in particular. He began his letter:

Dear father,

The fortresses are now at my command. . . .
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:00:14 pm by Gnorm »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 27, 2014, 07:39:34 pm »

Part I: Time is But a Circle

The old stone walls still stood, despite being almost entirely undisturbed for several years. Castle Helgarde was to be the great project of the old overseer; one of the fortress' great monuments. Yet for some reason the project was forgotten, and the dwarf turned to the caverns to construct the headquarters of the now defunct Miner's Guild. Still, what little was built of the castle managed to, ironically, out-live Helgarde himself, who died and was buried within the earth. If the rest of the fortress were to die overnight, their creations would still outlast them by one thousand years; such is the nature of the dwarves' creation.

Torvald stood against the stone wall inside of the ruins, thinking about the battle that had occurred the day prior. The goblins had sneaked in whilst the dwarves were trading, and a dragon came along as well to try its hand at the Demongate militia. All fall in Demongate; merchants fall to invaders, invaders to soldiers, and the very inhabitants of the fortress picked away at each other over the years. Torvald laid a glance on the soldiers marching outside of the barracks, some cradling broken bones and others looking forlornly at the spots where limbs were once attached. He, Torvald, took a slow, long drag from his cigar; times for relaxation came so infrequently these days that he liked enjoy every moment of his breaks.

The sudden sound of footsteps startled him, and he turned to see a familiar figure walk towards him. He was dressed all in bismuth bronze, and his prized sword was firmly attached to his belt. He too was smoking, though in his case it was a cigarette. He stood facing Torvald, though he did not look him directly in the eye.

"Are you Torvald?" he asked bluntly.

"Yessir, Captain Thanatos," was Torvald's response, "how are things going in the militia?"

"You're to follow me to the church."

"So this is him, yes?"

"Yes, your lordship. Although there is a lack of family resemblance, this is her brother."

"Then perhaps ve could be usingk him?"

Thanatos had led Torvald to a small group of dwarves. As it was comprised mostly of former overseers and founders of the fortress, many familiar dwarves could be seen there. The manager, duke, hammerer, chief medic, and commander all sat before him, exchanging glances with one another between the probing looks they gave him.

"What exactly do ya'll want with me?" Torvald asked.

"This committee is responsible for a majority of the legislature of Demongate," responded Tarmid. "You are no doubt aware of the previous year's overseer's insanity."

"I am. I suppose that did make ya'll a tad on edge."

"Correct," said Thane.

"So, this committee is really what's in charge of all 'round here. Tell me more about all of this. Was my sister on your committee?"

"No. In fact, she was quite opposed to it," said Cornelius.

"As for the committee secrets, ve do not discuss vith outsiders. Ve have proposal for you; take it or leave it."

"Overseeing Demongate has become a dangerous hassle," began Thane, "one which none of us have any interest in taking up at the moment. Seeing as you are one of the more stable members of the community, it was decided that you would be selected to take the helm."

"And what's in it for me? Why should I follow ya'll?"

"We are willing to make a deal: one year of overseeing and we will try to have your sister's remains returned to her birthplace."

"She grew quite apart from us in her late life," interjected Tarmid. "We all believe that she would have wanted to be buried as far away from Vlad as possible."

Torvald stood for a moment as he collected his thoughts. After about a minute of silence, a smile formed on his face, and he began to nod.

Torvald sat in his room with his pen and paper in hand. The committee had told him that it would not be necessary to announce himself, and that the people of Demongate would just accept that a new overseer had been selected; such is how things work in the fortress. Still, Torvald felt it was necessary to write to one person in particular. He began his letter:

Dear father,

The fortresses are now at my command. . . .

Better, also we have 3 adamantine coffins, one for the queen, one for vlad, and an unused one I think.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 27, 2014, 07:46:05 pm »

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say by quoting me.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 27, 2014, 07:58:17 pm »

Simple your said "A KNEW OVERSEER" I fixed it. :P :P :P

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 27, 2014, 07:59:56 pm »

Simple your said "A KNEW OVERSEER" I fixed it. :P :P :P
You know that you've really messed up when danmanthedog is correcting your sentences.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 172