Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 429340 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.08v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (DF Version Updated)
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2014, 10:22:32 am »

Is there anyway to make the swarm of flies show up as anything but tile 177? In creature_insects they are tile:250 but they don't show up as it, and if you add them to the graphics, graphics_nwkohaku_bugs for example they still don't show up as anything different. Not that it really matters.  :'( I think they probably carry the miasma around with them maybe which gives them the tile 177.
Vermin can't have their tiles replaced with tiles from the graphics folders. It's an engine limitation.
Vermin that swarm will use hardcoded tiles, like tile 177, to represent the swarm.
Yes, it sucks.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.07v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (New Human Monarchs)
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2014, 01:13:59 pm »

Maybe another suggestion?

All tilesets except Ironhand have some duplicate wall tiles. Literally the same graphics, although they are used differently in the game. Some of the are wall-to-wall and other are wall-to-natural-rock. Your set has 4 tiles that exist 3 times, looking the same, although they could look different and would improve the look of a fort.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I did a quick mock-up with paint to show exactly what I mean:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Suggestion: Make 8 new tiles for the ones I mentioned, and blur the most common inorganic/rock tile you have into these walls, so that you have a natural, flowing progress from smoothed wall to natural rock wall.
I've considered that suggestion, but I do not like that style for multiple reasons.
Even in ASCII those walls terminations are only walls, not wall/stone hybrids. ex: ╘════╛
Also, I cannot represent the appropriate stone texture for the stone type with it's specific foreground and background colors.
I think I'd rather just change those wall ends into pillars. Doing so could also save one tile as I could use one of those 8 tiles in replacement for the tile I currently use for the normal pillar.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2014, 08:09:38 pm »

I updated DFFD with a partial linux update to .09. I'll wait on Phoebus to release an official 09 version with updated raws. d_init.txt also gained a new option, which I patched in.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:35:17 pm by King Mir »

alcon678

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2014, 12:31:10 pm »

Is there a free phoebus version of Masterwork to use with DF2014?
I find the MDF version more clear than standard phoebus, expecially with grass
Thank you ;)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.40.09v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (DF Version Updated)
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2014, 09:02:32 pm »

*Updated* 0.40.09v00
Updated to Dwarf Fortress 0.40.09.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.09v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (DF Version Updated)
« Reply #260 on: August 18, 2014, 09:04:37 pm »

I'm very busy at the moment and can't find the time to make any changes to the graphic set. I've at least updated to the latest version. Sorry for the delay.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2014, 11:54:41 pm »

I'm very busy at the moment and can't find the time to make any changes to the graphic set. I've at least updated to the latest version. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you for all you do, Phoebus. I highly appreciate your work.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 19, 2014, 12:20:54 am »

Seconded!

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2014, 11:14:18 am »

Seconded!
Thirded!

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 19, 2014, 11:34:40 pm »

Would it be possible to include the Mayday style floors as an option?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2014, 03:52:19 am »

Do goblins in cages with the Phoebus graphics set look like the one from the art/tileset or from the raw/graphics/phoebus/goblins?

I tested a spacefox save with the lazynewbpack and it shows the one from the tileset and when I converted it to phoebus with lazynewbpack and it was from the tileset still. But Meph was somehow able to get them to take the graphic from the phoebus_goblin tileset, from what I saw from quill18's dwarf fortress series (he had a goblin thief in the cage video 10 of the recent series).

Spoiler: Big image (click to show/hide)

That's from the spacefox version but they looked the same when I loaded it with phoebus 0_40_08, also for some reason Ettin shows up as E, giantess on the other hand doesn't have a graphic in the set so it gets G. That's in cages at least..
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:01:31 am by LeoCean »

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2014, 05:22:59 am »

[...]also for some reason Ettin shows up as E, giantess on the other hand doesn't have a graphic in the set so it gets G. That's in cages at least..
That's what happens to any chicks/cats I put into cages.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2014, 06:28:13 am »

Do goblins in cages with the Phoebus graphics set look like the one from the art/tileset or from the raw/graphics/phoebus/goblins?

I tested a spacefox save with the lazynewbpack and it shows the one from the tileset and when I converted it to phoebus with lazynewbpack and it was from the tileset still. But Meph was somehow able to get them to take the graphic from the phoebus_goblin tileset, from what I saw from quill18's dwarf fortress series (he had a goblin thief in the cage video 10 of the recent series).

Spoiler: Big image (click to show/hide)

That's from the spacefox version but they looked the same when I loaded it with phoebus 0_40_08, also for some reason Ettin shows up as E, giantess on the other hand doesn't have a graphic in the set so it gets G. That's in cages at least..

if you mean the ducimvel videos, then these are with DF2012.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2014, 08:30:19 am »

Creatures in cages, on engravings, and corpses show up as a tile. It's impossible to change that, but you could change what tile each creature represents.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2014, 02:23:31 pm »

if you mean the ducimvel videos, then these are with DF2012.

Yeah I know they are with Masterwork 5.10 or w.e version of masterwork he is using. But I don't see anything special he is using to do it. I was hoping Meph would show up.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52