Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282161 times)

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2014, 03:28:27 pm »

They should keep their anti-magic focus in at least one of their promotions, mainly since there not an anti-magic unit apart from them and Wyverns, barring thunder(wind not suppose to be, but the rules don't spell it out.).
Wait, what?! Magic is supposed to be the counter to Wyverns, not the other way round, that's Pegasi that are anti-magic.
In fact, why do Wyvern Riders have Dragon Scales? It's an anti-magic ability for a class that is supposed to be bad against mages. That's like giving a Pegasus unit innate Delphi Shield. The only reason I can thing of is thematic sense, but there are other abilities that don't run counter to the original concept and make just as much sense thematically as any other classes' abilities.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2014, 03:33:24 pm »

I always perceived Wyverns as flying knights basically... so maybe a variation like:

Wyvern Rider:
Ironscales: +5 DEF against Axes and Swords, effective damage from Thunder (on top of Bows and Wind).

Wyvern Knight:
Dragonscales: +5 DEF against Axes and Swords, +5 RES against Fire, no more effective damage from Thunder.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2014, 03:42:15 pm »

Random comment: I've been looking through the weapons section of 1.22 and consider most to all of their changes good. Weights got rebalanced (I had no idea recurve bows had such absurd weights until I looked closely) and there was a bit of shuffling around and some additions.

While 1.22 classes get a thumbs down from me, its weapons and item changes gets my stamp of approval.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2014, 03:43:26 pm »

Yeah, some silly WT problems with weapons got fixed nicely in 1.22

I think that they screwed up classes to make for this fixing :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2014, 03:43:31 pm »

Wyvern Rider:
Ironscales: +5 DEF against Axes and Swords, effective damage from Thunder (on top of Bows and Wind).
Shouldn't that be 'Lances and swords' since they anti air(and most flyers hold swords and lances)?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2014, 03:45:06 pm »

Lances have pointy ends ideal for poking through tough skin, just like arrows do :P

Swords and Axes on other hand are slashing~
SigFlags!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2014, 03:46:24 pm »

Lances have pointy ends ideal for poking through tough skin, just like arrows do :P

Swords and Axes on other hand are slashing~
Ah, now I'm in the right mindset.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2014, 03:49:11 pm »

As for wyverns, it did strike me odd that with the right build they could blow pegasus riders out of the water as anti-mages, but then I don't really see any reinforcement of them being anti-mages as everyone oft mentions. Because of their speed and mobility?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2014, 03:50:27 pm »

Yeah, pegasi strike me as fast hit-and-run/flying stretcher duty compared to Wyvern's slow and heavy duty. Pegasi even have higher MOV, too.
SigFlags!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2014, 03:53:13 pm »

The idea of a tank being weak to arrows doesn't really click in my mind to be honest. I can understand it in a 'hit wings, gravity does rest' kind of way though.

Do they maintain these bonuses dismounted?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2014, 03:59:20 pm »

In my eyes getting dismounted gets rid of both bonuses and penalties? :P
SigFlags!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2014, 04:07:19 pm »

True enough, would be odd to still have lightning effective against you.

I've a question about wyvern riders though, so is it that they act as flying and monsters, or just flying and being weak to lightning? I've heard the former but I wasn't sure if it stuck, so I'm figuring the latter.

In other news, what's your opinion on the fencer Haspen? Some want to improve their abilities as is to make them less GM dependent, others want to change it to a challenge based thing, and there has been ideas of instead cementing their antimagic nature through giving them something that provides bonuses against enemies with levitate.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2014, 04:10:48 pm »

You can't expect me to thumb-up a everywhere-OP class :P

Fencer has very good indoor fighting possibilities, not to mention it's promotions. Just because it sucks outdoors doesn't mean it need super enhancements.
SigFlags!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2014, 04:20:47 pm »

Guys, remember class abilities aren't supposed to be useful all the time. They're conditionally useful, which is the point of them(or lower power, like Mercs). Fighters and fencers get to sneak around in their environments; Bandits and pirates get to troll people with moving places most others can't; Monks and Shamans can put a chunk of growth into Str to abuse their class skills at the cost of other stats; Soldiers slaughter horses and archers get to use ballistae; and so on. It's the combination of these different conditional abilities that makes it into an RPG instead of a numbers game.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2014, 04:24:34 pm »

That's what I was talking about :P
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 300