Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282134 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #375 on: April 07, 2014, 11:18:04 am »

My understanding was that forest knights would have single-use traps that do noticable direct damage (and maybe immobilization), while spies would have traps that can affect more than one target and are more utility-type effects (less damage, but a wider variety of status effects).

I like dis.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 07, 2014, 11:18:51 am »

Jeez. I use caltrops an example and now that's like all people are thinking of. What about classics like rigging a crossbow trap, or an oil slick, or other things? :V
Caltrops are easy to carry and set. Plus crossbows deal direct damage.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 07, 2014, 11:30:27 am »

Indeed, although I was going to also suggest "flash" bombs, or items that blind the opponent as well before Caltrops happened. Sand Attack!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 07, 2014, 11:31:42 am »

So I guess the next question is, "how many trap types are available to spies, and what are they?"

I'd make a list of ideas, but I'm going to go write a midterm in an hour, so... yeah.

(got ninja'd, people are starting to answer that question already. Go you guys!)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 07, 2014, 11:32:14 am »

Traps would be for Spies or Master Spies? If Spies get them we should consider what an assassin could do with them and what else could we give to the Master spies.

Omg these ninjas

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 07, 2014, 11:33:06 am »

Those 'black eggs' ninjas have that are basically eggs filled with glass shavings to be thrown into the eyes of opponents to debuff DODGE and EVA for a few rounds, things like that? :3

I would say Assassins just get to keep what Spies can do, but Master Spies get better traps.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 07, 2014, 11:34:03 am »

Spies.

I think while Master Spies will be better with traps than Assassins, having traps doesn't detract from being an Assassin.

Also, ninja'd.
BIRDS.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 07, 2014, 11:35:03 am »

I would say Assassins just get to keep what Spies can do, but Master Spies get better traps.

Better and maybe more uses?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 07, 2014, 11:36:13 am »

I dunno man :/
Assassins get assassination and Master spies just get some traps? Feels kinda underwhelming at least for me. If we could make petrifying or paralyzing traps maybe but those would be mucho OP.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 07, 2014, 11:36:22 am »

More effects, more uses sounds good. Maybe something like Summon currently works for Master Spies, where they get a new trap every level while Spies just have like three things they can do.

@Ninja Solymr: It gives you a reason to make a non-crit-based build as a Spy, though. Take Celerity, make a defensive/healer build, and you can run around healing your allies, debuffing your foes, and opening doors and treasure chests. It makes you a GREAT support character.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 07, 2014, 11:40:56 am »

...Personally, I have a picture idea in my head of having a "shadow" Master Spy ninja making clones of himself and going to town.

Suddenly, NINJAS.

But I think Assassins have it well enough already, and if you are going to go Assassin, it's usually so you can kill people in style. Adding traps won't effect them too much.
BIRDS.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 07, 2014, 11:44:07 am »

I think you just gave me an idea for someone:
In what class would fit setting up a tent that works as a fortress, healing people in them each turn?

NINJAS: Assassins lose one of their weapons when they promote, should they lose traps too?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 07, 2014, 11:47:08 am »

Do they? Chris (my assassin in FEF1) still has both swords and crossbows.

I think they only get one weapon set upgraded, not lose one. That doesn't make much sense. :P

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 07, 2014, 11:49:09 am »

Oh really? My bad, I misunderstood the book. Or maybe Haspen did :x

Birdy gave me another idea: Decoy.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 07, 2014, 11:50:23 am »

So Spies mainly get traps, while Master Spies keep the same traps but can also use Decoys? Could be cool.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 300