Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282149 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #420 on: April 07, 2014, 09:24:33 pm »

HL,AM really reminds me of the poison rice balls in Tenchu. XD

"Oh look here's a green rice ball that wasn't here a second ago better nom it aw fuck"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 07, 2014, 11:28:20 pm »

A few ideas before I pop off to bed for Spy Traps. Rewording a few that were already posted. Enemy units cannot see traps set by allies, and vice versa (DUN DUN DUN) unless noted. Traps do not affect flying units unless noted. Allies are effected unless specified that only enemies are effected. Spies and their promotions can place a trap instead of making an action in any space adjacent to them.

Poison Needle: Persistent. Enemy units that enter this square are poisoned for 3 turns.
Caltrops: Persistent. Units that enter this square lose 2 move for 3 turns. Mounted units lose 4 move. Units on the square suffer -15 evade.
Flash Powder: Persistent until activated. Enemy units that enter this square suffer -20 hit and evade for 3 turns. Affects Fliers.

Some for Master Spy level only. Every 3rd level of Master Spy, they can add another trap to their repertoire. So, for that idea, we need at least 7 traps.

Oil Slick: Persistent. Units that enter this square lose 2 move and take effective damage from fire spells for three rounds. If a unit standing on the tile is attacked with a fire tome, the tile catches fire, and changes to an inferno space.
Inferno: Lasts 3 rounds. Units entering this square take 5-10 Damage. Cannot be deployed. Affects Fliers.
Magic Jammer: Persistent. Any magical attack made from this square takes a -15 penalty to hit and -3 to Damage.
Decoy: Special. Places a unit. Enemies will treat it as an armed ally. Is destroyed when attacked. Affects Fliers.
Spellrune: Single Use. The Spy uses 1 QL from a tome in their inventory. When an enemy enters the space, they forfeit any remaining move and are attacked as if by the spell. The Spy's stats do not influence the attack. Affects Fliers.
Galespot: Persistent: The Spy uses 5 QL from a wind Anima tome in their inventory. The move cost of the tile increases by 2. Affects Fliers, and increases the move cost by 4 for them.

Also, I suggest that Rogues and Spies get a skill to detect enemy traps. Also also, I suggest Rogues get a Disarm Trap skill.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 08, 2014, 03:03:32 am »

Why do they need magic tomes?!

They need DEF and RES shredding traps, paralyzing traps and maybe STR and MAG reducing traps.
Also Primed Decoy: the enemy that destroys this gets ~3 fire damage. This can trigger the Oil stuff.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 08, 2014, 06:53:56 am »

They need DEF and RES shredding traps, paralyzing traps and maybe STR and MAG reducing traps.

This. The only dedicated 'debuffer' class is the dancer and they have much better things to be doing than debuffing. Spies being able to debuff and inflict status effects makes them useful enough to compete with the other promotion trees of Thief and Archer beyond muh critz Assassins. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:59 am »

Indeed.

Although the idea of a magic based trap master has struck me as something possible... But I'm certain that what we have now will already be just fine. :P
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 08, 2014, 07:30:05 am »

Now that you mention magic runes, that reminds me of something we thought about no class having S anima.

Sages get S anima and nothing else, and there's a new promotion option called Archmage that can use all magic. One of them gets Call Magic and the other Magic rune and/or maybe something else.

But that's for later.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 08, 2014, 09:26:42 am »

Because Spies don't get magic. Clearly.

Now that I'm looking at the Spellrune one in daylight though, it doesn't look worthwhile at all. Galespot could still be good though. I'll work on churning out some more, focusing a bit more on actual status effects.

Auto-Sapper: Persistent. Enemy Units that enter this space have a 50% chance of being afflicted with Sleep for 3 turns.
Gorgon's Eye: Single use. The Enemy unit that enters this space is turned to stone for 5 turns.
Loco Weed: Single use. The Enemy unit that enters this space is Berserked for 3 turns.
Tetanus: Persistent. Enemy units that enter this space are paralyzed next turn.
Sonic Distorter: Single use. The Enemy unit that enters this space is Silenced for 5 turns. Affects Fliers.

And how do we feel about this?

Also, I suggest that Rogues and Spies get a skill to detect enemy traps. Also also, I suggest Rogues get a Disarm Trap skill.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 08, 2014, 09:53:52 am »

I think it's only fair.

Something along the lines of say, rogue or spy walks onto a space; trap is disarmed and destroyed. It would give a bit of counter play against them, which is important.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 08, 2014, 10:19:37 am »

I agree with thiefy-types being able to detect and disarm traps.

Another trap idea?!? (in response to the suggestion that Spy traps be more debuff-y, which I agree with)
* Nauseating Gas: Target takes -3 DEF and -5 EVA for 3 turns.

We could also make MagiConductive water make the target more susceptible to all magic, instead of just thunder anima? -10 Evasion and +3 damage from all incoming (harmful) magic.

If Spies had Nauseating Gas, Acid Bomb, MagiConductive Water, Caltrops (of some sort), and the Primed Decoy, and could use any one of those 5 three times per battle, that sounds reasonable to me. They're adaptable to most situations and can contribute to combat meaningfully without being able to solve absolutely everything in one round. Their tactics will still rely on having strong friends nearby to deal with the enemies that make it through the traps.

Then Master Spies can have Blade Master's hardcore status effect traps like Sleep, Berserk, Paralysis, and maybe a beefed-up Galespot (+3 MOV cost to enter panel; insta-chokepoint, +5 for fliers; instant chokepoint) and get two or three more uses per battle.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 08, 2014, 10:43:11 am »

I think it's only fair.

Something along the lines of say, rogue or spy walks onto a space; trap is disarmed and destroyed. It would give a bit of counter play against them, which is important.

I think they should have to stand next to it and spend their action to disarm it. It's a bit too easy otherwise.

@Shoruke: Yeah, the ones I suggested in my last post are all Master Spy only.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 08, 2014, 10:44:58 am »

They could step on it and like, lose all MOV on a frantic, instantenous disarming before it goes off under their feet :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00:27 am »

They could step on it and like, lose all MOV on a frantic, instantenous disarming before it goes off under their feet :P

I disagree. It should be something they have to spend time doing. Also, Rogues should still be susceptible to traps if they decide they want to not bother disarming them for some reason.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 08, 2014, 11:16:51 am »

@shoruke:why not make Magiconductive water just reduce RES by 3 and make it equivalent to Nauseating Gas?

@Blade: what does Silence do again? :V
Also disarming traps should take an action. But detecting traps on the first place... Think the poison cannons in GoR, they were CLEARLY visible and yet some of us kept getting poisoned :x

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 08, 2014, 11:27:58 am »

Silence blocks you from using all kinds of magic until cured/time passes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 08, 2014, 11:28:29 am »

What Silence actually does is stop any magical action, so no tomes, and no staves. Not sure if it'd apply to physical weapons that deal magic damage. My gut says no.

It should also stop Silenced units from relaying tactical information. So if Olison had been Silenced the turn before the reinforcements showed up, he wouldn't have been able to say anything.

I think Spies, their promotions, and Rogues should be the only ones seeing traps.

ninja'd.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 300