Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282070 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #435 on: April 08, 2014, 11:31:11 am »

@Blade: what does Silence do again? :V
Also disarming traps should take an action. But detecting traps on the first place... Think the poison cannons in GoR, they were CLEARLY visible and yet some of us kept getting poisoned :x
It stops you from using any type of magic.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 08, 2014, 11:41:11 am »

That feels kinda specific against mages for me :V
How about making it Disable (not able to make actions, but able to move)?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 08, 2014, 12:25:18 pm »

Recap of all proposed traps:

Spy tier
Poison Needle: Persistent. Enemy units that enter this square are poisoned for 3 turns.
Caltrops: Persistent. Units that enter this square lose 2 move for 3 turns. Mounted units lose 4 move. Units on the square suffer -15 evade.
Flash Powder: Persistent until activated (does this mean one shot?). Enemy units that enter this square suffer -20 hit and evade for 3 turns. Affects Fliers.

Master spy tier
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Oil Slick: Persistent. Units that enter this square lose 2 move and take effective damage from fire spells for three rounds. If a unit standing on the tile is attacked with a fire tome, the tile catches fire, and changes to an inferno space.
Nauseating Gas: Target takes -3 DEF and -5~10 EVA for 3 turns.
MagiConductive Water: Target takes -3 RES and -5~10 EVA for 3 turns.
Auto-Sapper: Persistent. Enemy Units that enter this space have a 50% chance of being afflicted with Sleep for 3 turns.
Gorgon's Eye: Single use. The Enemy unit that enters this space is turned to stone for 5 turns.
Loco Weed: Single use. The Enemy unit that enters this space is Berserked for 3 turns.
Tetanus: Persistent. Enemy units that enter this space are paralyzed next turn.
Sonic Distorter/Disruptor(whatever, a horrible noise that hurts the brain): Single use. The Enemy unit that enters this space is Silenced(Disabled?) for 5 turns. Affects Fliers.
Primed Decoy: places a dummy with 1 HP. The enemy that hits it gets ~scratch fire damage. If the target is Oiled they both asplode with fatal consequences.
Glue: Persistent. The move cost of the tile increases by 3. Doesn't affect fliers.

Did I forget anyone?

I think Flash Powder may be too powerful and Caltrops and Oil Slick could be more different.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 08, 2014, 12:31:52 pm »

If Sonic Disruptor/Distorter Disables rather than Silences, it should have a much shorter duration. If it only silences, it'll effect only around half units.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 08, 2014, 12:39:44 pm »

I'm not so certain I like the idea of Master Spies picking which traps they want to use. I would prefer to see them controlled and administered by the game's Moderator, to prevent items like the Loco Weed from being picked up too early.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 08, 2014, 12:45:47 pm »

Well, if Loco Weed is too strong, maybe reduce the duration to 2? 1 is too short for a single use trap I think.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 08, 2014, 12:49:47 pm »

Keep in mind berserks attack anyone, not just their own.
Also disable only for 3 turns then.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 08, 2014, 12:52:29 pm »

Keep in mind berserks attack anyone, not just their own.
Also disable only for 3 turns then.

Yeah, that was something that always bothered me in Haspen's games. Berserked characters should attack the closest enemy in reach, and only if there are no enemies in reach should they attack allies. And I think in the games, Berserked character actions were resolved at the end of the Player Phase.

Edit: For both nauseating gas and magiconductive water, are those persistent or single use? Seems like they should be persistent to me.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 08, 2014, 01:11:35 pm »

I think they should be, the debuff isn't that strong.

I should put that list on the OP.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 08, 2014, 01:47:10 pm »

Recap of all proposed traps:

<snip>

Did I forget anyone?

Seems odd that Primed Decoy, Glue, and Oil Slick are Master-tier. Why would you place a Glue trap when you could place Tetanus?

Maybe Decoy should be a Spy ability that gets upgraded to Primed Decoy upon advancement to Master Spy?

And I agree with birdy about not letting people pick their traps every level. Ideally, we could round the list down to like, 3 or 4 entries that all Master Spies just always have. Personally, I like Nauseating Gas, MagiConductive Water, Primed Decoy, Auto-Sapper, and Loco-Weed.

Another option is to make a level-based list and grant Master Spies access to traps at certain levels, as an analogue to Call Spell / Call Magic. So you get Oil Slick at level 1, Primed Decoy at level 3, something else at level 6...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 08, 2014, 01:50:18 pm »

That's up for each spy to say. Glue creates chokepoints while tetanus just paralyzes for one turn some guy.

Also call magic is getting a change too :V

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 08, 2014, 02:00:20 pm »

Poll and OP updooted.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 08, 2014, 02:06:19 pm »

Unlocking the poll would be helpful, tho :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 08, 2014, 02:07:18 pm »

Call magic is shockingly broken, even in 1.20. we should get Haspen's Memory Magic change in here.

And the thing about giving Master Spies the variety of traps is they can choose how they wish to address the enemy forces. Just a couple elite enemies? Drop a Loco Weed and let them soften each other up. Mob of mooks coming to wear you down? Glue a tile and watch as one of their entryways clogs like a bad drain. We could reduce it to just a few options that are universal to all Master spies... But what's the fun in that? And more importantly, why would all master spies be the same?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 08, 2014, 02:08:35 pm »

Whoops

Edit: dammit haspoon
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 02:11:56 pm by Solymr »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 300