Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282089 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #600 on: April 15, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »

I'd say nope if the current poll ends up in yes :P

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 15, 2014, 02:40:00 pm »

Being able to benefit from defensive terrain is also pretty nice.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 15, 2014, 03:34:54 pm »

Does that mean yes or no? :V

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 15, 2014, 03:42:19 pm »

I voted no.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 15, 2014, 06:58:01 pm »

In my own humble opinion... Horses should probably just lead to Horses, while Pegasai remain in the realm of Pegasai due to how different they are, trainees excluded.

It seems rather odd to have someone going from a horse based character to a Pegasai suddenly.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 15, 2014, 07:03:50 pm »

Could be worse.  At least we're not dealing with the inexplicable griffons from awakening :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 15, 2014, 07:12:35 pm »

...I want them.

But I have no 3DS. Yet.

I'm not going to make a huge fuss about it though, as it does make sense in the idea that they are both flying healers.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 15, 2014, 08:18:33 pm »

Guys, can we just leave the trainee promos (mostly) as is? Unless you also think it's weird for Mage trainees to be able to go from Anima to Dark/Light? Should that be changed? What about Priest Trainees losing their ability to use Staves when they become monks? We can just have Rider Trainees able to start with a pegasus or a horse, and stick with it(although they're both horse shaped, so I really don't see the issue here, considering it's still fantasy and whatnot).

Anyway.

Explications time.

Artillery: Meant to be a Ballista user, basically a Ballistician except that's the name of the Archer skill. Gain ability to carry around a single ballista with them, it takes up multiple inventory slots.

As for Nomad _____, that's because Bow-locked Mage Knight is just a worse version of the Mage Knight, since it's locked. Why make it so promoting to Mage Knight from Nomad is worse in that manner than promoting to it from a different class? I'd rather give them their own thing.

Dread Pirate is almost a pirate version of the Mountain Bandit class, but not as crappy(we need to fix MBs, btw). Wields axes and another weapon(I don't know, dark magic? Bows? Swords?), class skill similar to Daunt, and maybe something gesturing towards the great Roberts or taking over ships and whatnot.

Reaver: Wanton Destruction is the name of the game. Axes, mebbe Dark Magic, mebbe Lances, can sacrifice health to get stronger. Or something along those lines. Maybe Defense->Strength.

Mystic: Nah, I was thinking Sage would be the S-rank Anima, and Mystic would be B rank in all three. Besides...really, do we want to have Archsage and Sage as separate promotions for the same class? Come on, now.

Dark Knight is kinda obvious, I think; the question is whether it gets horseback or not. Abilities related to Mutually Assured Destruction.

Fanatic is meant to be a "I WILL KILL HERETIC CRUSH RAAAH" thing.
Templar could easily fit a monster hunter role rather than anti-mage.

Swordsinger is kind of a meh thing, but I think it would basically be a Bard who benefits from one of his musical pieces as if it were being used on him, continuously(just one, mind you), while also being able to use swords(or maybe just Physical Training, I dunno).

Courtesan is kinda a seductress. I dunno. I wasn't really sure what to go for, and I think I just ended up(accidentally, mind you) giving Enchanter and Dancing Blade to their opposites. It's not nice to leave performers out of the three class promo, especially since they aren't doing anything but giving everyone else extra turns; useful, yes, but that's why we should give them a reason not to just give extra turns, and instead be able to take an active role in the battle.

I don't even know what War Clerics are cuz' I've never played Awakening lalalalah~

I don't know what that is and I feel like it's gonna end up with a lot of "Dark [previous class name here]" stuff...then again don't know what griffon knights are either, so.

Yeah, different form of Commander was an idea, I wasn't really sure...Skirmishers are non horseback riders(w/ 7 move) that effectively have Canter. Use bows+spears, of course.

It was just an idea for Templar, was mostly trying to think of a class name for something that had spears and staves, maybe light magic too(especially if Monks promo to it, though it could be a 'spears+staves if Knight, light+staves if Monk; possibly adding swords to both), meant to be a 'I will guard you and heal you and be healer-phys-tank'

Duelist was meant to be really good at beating enemies one on one(as in, he's not near too many enemies, nor too many allies), and/or weapon triangle shenanigans, particularly against other swords.

Spellsword was just an idea to complete the trinity of Sword+Magic that Fencer had goin' on.

Trickster: SO not what I had in mind. We don't need a buffed Pseudo-Wanderer. Swords and Staves would be cool though. Not too sure of the ability though...maybe bonuses to enemies for each debuff they're suffering, or distraction creating/advantage-of-taking things?

Scavenger->Shadow Sword: See, the problem here, is that Scavengers don't have Sneaking, though. So they can't use Sneak Attack. And if they retro-get sneaking, no one will want to go Fencer->Shadow Sword, because Scavengers get an extra skill over them in the long run. And if they don't get to use Sneak Attack, no one will want to go Scavenger->Shadow Sword. Besides which, we should have a little more variety than 'Sword+Dark' and 'EVERYTHING'.

Not sure what Adventurer would have. I kinda wanted something referencing scrounging/scavenging and making something out of the bits and pieces you pick up, but Adventurer might be a support-ish guy similar to Merc-tree.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 15, 2014, 08:35:23 pm »

What a cluster-fuck that all is.

Maybe we should try to use more classes that are already present and cross-promote, rather than try to come up with one new promote for each first class. Too much work, especially when it comes time to balance it all. All classes should have one promote all to themselves though.

Also, not much can be done about mage trainee weirdness beyond making 3 different mage trainees. Which is a bad idea. Priest to monk trainee is also weird, but apart from barring that promotion, not much to do again.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 16, 2014, 01:07:39 am »

Also, not much can be done about mage trainee weirdness beyond making 3 different mage trainees.
Make Mage trainees get rank E in magic category of their choice (upon character creation).
Still opens up to potential weirdness (someone could choose to specialize in light magic as a trainee and then become a shaman), but the intent would be that you start using the magic category you'll promote into. You'd be encouraged to do so by the GM, the fluff, and the game mechanics, because then you get to keep using your tomes when you promote instead of having to buy new ones.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2014, 04:09:58 am »

What a cluster-fuck that all is.

So yeah, shoruke got it spot on. Make mage trainees choose their subcategory and maybe remove the three choices that first class mages have.

And maybe remove the priest trainee -> monk path :V

Edit: and the thing about Rider trainees choosing their ride beforehand is good too.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:32:29 am by Solymr »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 16, 2014, 11:40:24 am »

Yes and no are tied :-X

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 16, 2014, 02:05:19 pm »

Redo poll with question "Should valkyries be allowed to choose a pegasus upon promotion?"
1) Allow choice upon promotion
2) Allow choice upon beginning of each map
3) Pegasi only
4) Horses only

I CALL FOR A VOTE~
*audience groans*
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 16, 2014, 02:22:40 pm »

Allow choice upon beginning of each map
Lol

Gonna change the poll now.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 300