Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280483 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

To be honest I thought everyone knew about those, and just ignored it because house rules.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Poison lasts for four turns, as a note. Well, going by 1.22. A good chunk is three though.

Poison in weak enough. I have no problem bumping it to 4 or even 5.

We've been ripped off!
Also I thought stone caused enemies to get bonus crit against stoned guy?

Uh, maybe? I don't recall any of the units I had turned to stone in FE8 being attacked.

Could make it the same a Paralyze with the further issue of having your DG not factored in... And that would make it objectively better than paralyze... But does it need to be?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Yes it does otherwise stone is a piece of shit. But reducing doge to 0 isn't that good because no luck everywhere.
And sleep allows evading.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

It's called sleep-walking, duh.

Why not just have stone double the crit chance you get from SKL? So it's equal to your SKL rather than SKL/2 against Stoned enemies.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a buff to the attacker rather than a debuff to the target. Just removing their dodge is fine, being paralyzed is bad enough without getting auto critted on top of that stuff if you're stoned.

And sleep dodging is a thing in the games that we didn't really bring over. Of course, you couldn't be slapped awake in the games either.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I meant instead of removing Dodge.

Also, it really isn't autocritting. It's, at most, a 15 point bonus, or a 23 with Resolve or some such.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

K sleep can be slapped out of.
Why not make it flat +25 crit against stoned guy. Because negative dodge math too hard.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's still modifying the attacker instead of the defender, which bothers me.

I guess we'll vote on the specific effects later.

K sleep can be slapped out of.
Why not make it flat +25 crit against stoned guy. Because negative dodge math too hard.

What? All it requires is that you don't take the defende's dg into account when you put the battle formula through. It removes a step!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it's dependant on luck to determine how good it is? I dun like it.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it's dependant on luck to determine how good it is? I dun like it.

It's already better than paralyze. And even the most unlucky character will have a few points, so it's not like it'll do nothing. And enemy units tend to have balanced luck so it should still be useful to players.

Edit: Was discussing this with my dad just now and he thinks it should be like paralyze but requiring magical restoration. So, no countdown to normalcy.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

No slapping out of sleeping. The whole basis of that idea is that the sleep is generally magically induced, and therefore stronger than just normal sleeping.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If getting hit by a sword doesn't wake you up, can we call it Coma instead? It's less confusing and more accurate. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No slapping out of sleeping. The whole basis of that idea is that the sleep is generally magically induced, and therefore stronger than just normal sleeping.

Then it's no different than paralyze. Ugh.

Okay, if we do that, sleeping characters can dodge, and so can paralyzed characters but they have their evade halved.

Stone would work like paralyze does now.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nooooooooooooooo
Sleep forces you to choose between leaving the enemy so it doesn't bother you or making a sure hit but them snapping out.
If you do that then it's just a cheaper paralyze that allows you to attack all the time you want and they still can't respond even if they can evade it.
WHICH DOESN'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE THEY'RE ASLEEP

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I prefer that way honestly.

So what do we think of stone having infinite duration?

On a related note, am I the only one who thinks staves are too accurate?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 300