Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282050 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

The thing about the mw is that they're getting an improved mountain walk, dothey go through faster. Hills get their move penalty removed for mws, so it's like stepping through plains there.

And they get giant swing.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Hills already get their penalty removed for bandits :V

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Aye. Just have cliffs count as mountains for the boulder thing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hills already get their penalty removed for bandits :V

Huh, so they don't.

That's... Well, I suppose it isn't too nuts.

Now I feel like Mountain Warriors need a bit more.  :-\

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I consider it good practice to read the class that you're editing before you edit them.

:v

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah well. Water walk only allows traversal of water tiles, so I don't think it was out of line to assume that Mountain walk only allowed for Mountain tiles.

Anyway, let's let Mountain Warriors keep the combat bonuses from being on Mountain Terrain as well.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's stated that only flying or units with mountain walk can traverse them. Only the latter actually benefit though.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's stated that only flying or units with mountain walk can traverse them. Only the latter actually benefit though.

No no, in their current description, it says If a unit with this ability enters combat while on Mountain or Hill Terrain, they gain a bonus to their Attack Skill and Damage equal to the Defensive Bonus of the terrain.

So give them that for hills and Mountains in addition to the other things. They could really use the AS in particular, they get zero speed from promotion.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Misunderstanding me, sorry. I said that a unit can't move over a mountain/peak/cliff unless they have mountain walk, or they fly. See mountain walk.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I get what you're saying.

What I was referring to is that I didn't expect Mountain Walking to remove the extra move cost for traversing hills. Kind of strange.

Anyway, since Bandits do already get that, what do you think of hill/mountain terrain bonuses being applied to MW Dam and AS?

Obviously the whole thing will be put to vote when we get back to promoted classes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe bonus Eva goes to hit, bonus Def goes to base damage and/or AS?

All this talking about them is really reminding me of how much I want to play them. Enough that I may put my thief/salesman on hold.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ideally, all the classes will be interesting enough that they'll want to be played.

I don't think the Eva bonus from the terrain should play into it though. Just the defense (2 from hills and 3 from mountains, I think).

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is true. As you read a rule book, if character concepts don't scream at you then something is wrong.

I don't really know what to do with them, beyond what's been suggested. Might swing and their bonus on hills/mountain derivatives.

I will miss the boulder though.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I never liked the boulder :/ It just seemed really out of place. I mean, it auto hits, which is odd for a brute force character. And where does this boulder come from? How is the path determined? How far does it go? Does it just go in a straight line until it hits rough terrain?

Something about it as a whole just bothers me. I won't miss it myself.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The idea of just chucking a boulder or causing one to smash through the enemies is just too amusing for me to hate it, so I unrepentant like it, mechanics be damned.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 300