Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280440 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Alternative: Anti-Magic
This unit gets +5 DAM and +1 RES vs units with Levitation.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

That's really freaking powerful O_o
I mean, it fits what pegasus riders are usually supposed to do. But that's a huge boost.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We can make it +3 or just a defense bonus. Soldiers have the same vs all mounted units.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's actually just the same as a soldier's skill. Until you consider the fact that it's a physical class against a magical class who tend to be squishier. So it's more of an advantage than +5 against a cav or a wyvern rider.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pegasus riders are also squishier than soldiers and can get blown up at counters if they don't go in right.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Plus I think there are more total classes with levitation than horseback. I could be wrong about that, but I kind of doubt it.

But I think that'd be a good alternative.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Levitation: Priest, Monk, Mage, Shaman
Some form of mount: Cav, Wyvern, Peg, Troub, Nomad

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Levitation: Priest, Monk, Mage, Shaman
Some form of mount: Cav, Wyvern, Peg, Troub, Nomad
Wouldn't units promoting from those classes also have Levitation/Mounted?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I just listed first classes. You've also got:

Mounted: Both wyvern promos, both peg promos, mage knight, duke knight, paladin, both nomad promos, Great Knight,
Levitation: saint, bishop, holy guard, both shaman, sage

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jeezuz. I can kinda see why Haspen nerfed the soldier's special, at least in FEF1.

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

Cecil, can classes that use staves counterattack with any weapons they might have even if they used their staff to heal?

Right now, no they cannot, in the interest of fairness to Bow users (without the Sidearm ability). However, this is a rule that I'd like your input on, as, in the upcoming book update, there will be a lot of rule clarifications, including possible Staff counter attacks. Right now, I'm looking at several options.

• No Counters - Staffs are Equipped items, and do not allow for counter attacks.
  • Yes Counters - Staffs are Equipped items, but if attacked, the staff user can counter with the first legal weapon in their equipment list (Say, if a Bishop was equipped with a Mend, then was carrying an Elfire and then a Shine tome, they'd counter with the Shine). Since the countering weapon wouldn't be "equipped," though, equip effects like Stat or Parameter bonuses don't take effect.
  • The FE6 Method - Staffs are more like Items rather than Weapons, and aren't technically equipped, so they'll be entering battle with their equipped tome anyway (this allowed for Niime to become the best Staff bot in the game by equipping Apocalypse for the +5 MAG bonus)
And just for fun...
  • The FE10 Method - Staffs are USED for the Counter Attack; they are a 0 Might weapon with super high Crit, and the user's Strength is compared to the enemy's Defense/one half the enemy's defense

Note the same would apply for Performances (Lyrics, Instruments, Songs), only, in the FE10 Method, replacing "whacking with a staff" with "boxing/kickboxing."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh my lord that fe10 method.

Anyways, I think Haspen made a rule that staff users would autoequip an available weapon for combat, so that would be the Yes counter option.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Anyways, I think Haspen made a rule that staff users would autoequip an available weapon for combat, so that would be the Yes counter option.

Ye v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take a no counter rule over that though!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

As someone who is running a healbot in two campaigns (though Sadie will be getting weapons on class-up :P) I actually prefer the 'no' option for countering.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 300