Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282162 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub!
« Reply #2340 on: January 13, 2015, 01:05:23 pm »

Unfortunately this hinges on me being able to find a drawing tablet by the time I actually need the mug shots. Doing stuff with a computer mouse is doable but an unholy pain in the ass.

* Haspen cuddles his mouse and his MSPaint where he does all his pixel works. DONT YOU JUDGE OUR RELATIONSHIP SIR.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: January 13, 2015, 01:07:02 pm »

There is a hub for this? Cool.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: January 13, 2015, 01:09:26 pm »

I see people are making propaganda here. So I will do mine, GIB UR SOUL PRIS GIB MONI- I mean, we are possibly accepting people in GOR. SC gave a good and fast description of what is going on, there are no nobles in that mess. Just a bunch of mercenaries trying to get the key to the open the gates of a place that promises everything they desire.

And while this is the first FEF I am running, it is also being my testing grounds to some new stuff, make the map add difficulty, instead of just a bunch of well-armed enemies.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: January 13, 2015, 01:33:32 pm »

Everything they desire, eh? *cough* Tower of God *cough*

It certainly seems quite interesting, but hasn't the story already massively progressed? I mean, the IC thread has 150 pages.

Would I have to make a higher-level character or something? (Or is it like a reincarnation or something, and the previous 150 pages are there from a different campaign?)

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: January 13, 2015, 01:40:31 pm »

Never heard of that.

And just because the story progressed, it doesn't mean others cannot join. They are going to cross many regions yet as they are following a specific map instead of just taking a ship right to the point. And no, not really. You would make a trainer sheet and I am basically going to roll the levels up from both trainee class and then the level ups from first class to keep up with them.

And we go by chapters here, so any other new PC that joins will have to wait until the chapter is over. Chapter being the map they are fighting on, that is. As for how the PC joins is up to the player, if they don't decide how, I probably will come up with something.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: January 13, 2015, 01:45:42 pm »

Unfortunately this hinges on me being able to find a drawing tablet by the time I actually need the mug shots. Doing stuff with a computer mouse is doable but an unholy pain in the ass.

* Haspen cuddles his mouse and his MSPaint where he does all his pixel works. DONT YOU JUDGE OUR RELATIONSHIP SIR.
^This, UXLZ. People can use simple tools and make customized originals :3
Just depends on how improvisional or creative you are.

Also, I'm planning up a FEF of my own someday soon. Mayhaps give it a lookie after I send the first drafts to better experienced GMs here (because I have a case of fear of judgement and failure, and am nervous and shy like that).

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: January 13, 2015, 01:47:45 pm »

^This, UXLZ. People can use simple tools and make customized originals :3
Just depends on how improvisional or creative you are.

Also, I'm planning up a FEF of my own someday soon. Mayhaps give it a lookie after I send the first drafts to better experienced GMs here (because I have a case of fear of judgement and failure, and am nervous and shy like that).

JUDGEMENT!

Also, please define 'someday soon'? >_>

If it's within two weeks, I'll definitely join. More than that... Eeeeeeehhhhh, we'll see.

Never heard of that.

And just because the story progressed, it doesn't mean others cannot join. They are going to cross many regions yet as they are following a specific map instead of just taking a ship right to the point. And no, not really. You would make a trainer sheet and I am basically going to roll the levels up from both trainee class and then the level ups from first class to keep up with them.

And we go by chapters here, so any other new PC that joins will have to wait until the chapter is over. Chapter being the map they are fighting on, that is. As for how the PC joins is up to the player, if they don't decide how, I probably will come up with something.

I see... Well, I'll think about it. How far through the current chapter are you anyway?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:50:01 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: January 13, 2015, 01:49:15 pm »

...Weekend. Ish ._.
Anytime before Sunday of next week to allow lapses of panic and argh.

But not to derail here--don't worry about your first FEF: it usually goes akin to a narrative style of progression, wherein the people form the future events instead of a linear railroad of tracks, despite the map-victory nature of the scenarios.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:01:28 pm by Tiruin »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: January 13, 2015, 02:14:02 pm »

Map is almost over, but the next one who is joining is Tiruin, so if you do make a sheet you might have to wait another Chapter, dunno. Depends of how I will make the next map.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: January 13, 2015, 02:57:54 pm »

...Weekend. Ish ._.
Anytime before Sunday of next week to allow lapses of panic and argh.

But not to derail here--don't worry about your first FEF: it usually goes akin to a narrative style of progression, wherein the people form the future events instead of a linear railroad of tracks, despite the map-victory nature of the scenarios.

I'm not really too worried. The only thing I was cautious about was if it ended up just being exactly like the Fire Emblem games except slower... And you only control one character... And every turn takes 3 billion years... And leveling is slow. But, it seems my concerns were unfounded.

It... Isn't... Really... A... Derail. *cough* General Thread *cough* xD

Map is almost over, but the next one who is joining is Tiruin, so if you do make a sheet you might have to wait another Chapter, dunno. Depends of how I will make the next map.

I see. I may not have a character sheet done in time, regardless (or I may simply decide just to wait for Tiruin to start their game up, just to put as much pressure on as possible), so don't design anything around the assumption that I'm joining.
The circle is complete.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: January 13, 2015, 03:29:12 pm »

UXLZ you should supply yourself with patience, though. Some waitlist require people to wait several weeks, if not months, before your time comes.

Actually I advise supply of patience for anything FEF-related. These games wear down the time and strength of players and GM's alike.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: January 13, 2015, 04:11:50 pm »

More or less true, FEF's move at an almost glacial pace of at least two to three combat turns a week, maybe faster if people hop to it, possibly slower.

Also true on the wait list, I think I waited... Two to three one months before I got in my first game?. Granted, I joined back when there was only one game. Its easier to hop in one now, considering the larger amount.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:28:15 pm by Xanmyral »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: January 13, 2015, 04:16:53 pm »

If the games you're joining are actively accepting new players then the wait list shouldn't be too long.

I'll probably end up joining two or three to get around the glacial pacing of turns.

I wonder if it would be possible for anyone to code a rudimentary automated roll-generator/battle simulator (essentially reverse-engineering FE's combat system with the FEF skills added in) to take the burden off of the GMs (that is, make it so they don't have to remember massive amounts of minute details like Support levels and roll trillions of damn combat rolls.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:19:05 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: January 13, 2015, 04:51:42 pm »

Just talked with Xanmy and looks like there's a spot in FH since he's not joining and the resident shamaness disappeared :v

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: January 13, 2015, 04:52:46 pm »

There's been occasional talk about doing something like that, either a general utility for all FEF things or specific utilities for things like battle, char-gen, or the like, but such projects haven't really taken off due to various matters including a lack of ability and/or time. 
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 300