Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280450 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3555 on: February 23, 2017, 05:22:44 pm »

Things seem good, including Flame Claw (which basically seems like discount Tome ranks, not bad at all).

Although Dragonling -> Something not a dragon seems a bit... silly. :P
Drake is another word for dragon, generally a younger one.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: February 23, 2017, 05:26:52 pm »

Fair point. I'm used to fantasy settings differentiating the two.
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: February 23, 2017, 05:37:57 pm »

If I'm reading this correctly, dragon claws have QL?

...this raises interesting questions. How will the dragon acquire new ones? If they have to be bought, where do they come from if not from other dragons?

I'm also thinking that for magical beings, they have surprisingly little emphasis on magic usage. It's also slightly weird that Dreadnoughts have straight-up better weapon ranks than Destroyers. Usually classes trade better ranks for inflexibility in weapon choice but the Dreadnought gets the best of both worlds. I would alter it so that Dreadnoughts lose the tome use (or keep it at E if nothing else) and Destroyers have the better magic firepower.

They also don't seem much like dragons at all, at least not the common conception of them. I would call them dragonkin, or something similar, instead. Dragons are usually enormous lizards; that sprite looks like a robed man with wings.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: February 23, 2017, 06:13:30 pm »

If I'm reading this correctly, dragon claws have QL?

...this raises interesting questions. How will the dragon acquire new ones? If they have to be bought, where do they come from if not from other dragons?

I'm also thinking that for magical beings, they have surprisingly little emphasis on magic usage. It's also slightly weird that Dreadnoughts have straight-up better weapon ranks than Destroyers. Usually classes trade better ranks for inflexibility in weapon choice but the Dreadnought gets the best of both worlds. I would alter it so that Dreadnoughts lose the tome use (or keep it at E if nothing else) and Destroyers have the better magic firepower.

They also don't seem much like dragons at all, at least not the common conception of them. I would call them dragonkin, or something similar, instead. Dragons are usually enormous lizards; that sprite looks like a robed man with wings.
Monster weapons have QL for balance purposes. Think of them as attachments or enchantments that wear out, but don't think too hard. Dragons aren't the only class who will use claws, much as spiders aren't the only ones using bite weapons,

Well, looks-kind-of-human-but-turns-into-sterotypical-dragon-when-old-enough is a bit of a mouthful. :P The sprite is, in fact, a robed man with wings.

What I was aiming for with dragons was a class that mainly used physical weapons but still had a good use for mag. Ultimately, they get some fire tome use for utility and flavour, but over all their damage should mainly come from physical.
Dreadnoughts have higher claws and fire tomes, but Destroyers gain another weapon category (and have talons and claws just one rank below Dreadnought's), so I wouldn't say dreadnoughts have straight-up better ranks.

But this is the kind of thing I wanted to hear. Cheers, Sirus.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: February 23, 2017, 06:18:15 pm »

What's the difference between talons and claws? Mechanically speaking, I mean.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: February 23, 2017, 06:23:03 pm »

They represent different parts of the weapons triangle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: February 23, 2017, 11:12:37 pm »

Which weapons are which?
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: February 25, 2017, 01:09:15 pm »

Okay the subject of the Saint Special splashover has arisen and, especially with NPCs, appears to be pretty broken. Some discussion has been made of the problem and a couple possible solutions.

Option 1: Subtarget on a miss is changed to a random square adjacent to the original target, and can fail to target anyone entirely based on this. Drawback: Makes the skill pretty situational especially if enemies aren't packed together, and with afflictions like silence or addled, can end up targeting someone not worth targeting with the chosen ailment.

Option 2: The Saint has to commit to splashover before making the attack by spending 2 ql, without knowing if the original hit made the mark. Drawback: only a workable solution if the GMs take account of ql for ailment staves, which many don't. So if this is taken and the GM opts not to count enemy staff ql, this could only harm players, which sort of misses the point entirely.

Option 3: Some direct penalty is given to the hit rate against the subtarget, anywhere from a smallish flat number, ie 15, to halving the caster's base hit rate before applying enemy RES. Drawback: If the penalty is too steep and the chance to hit the subtarget is too small, you may as well not have the skill. If the nerf is too light, you don't address the problem.

Of course othet possible options are valid, this is just what I came up with fairly quickly.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: February 25, 2017, 01:11:42 pm »

Option 4: Limited uses per map, once or twice.

Personally I think Option 3 or Option 4 are the way to go. Enough enemies don't have QL counts even on low use staffs that Option 2 isn't going to make it any less OP on enemies. Option 1 is alright but it's still a free shot at a second target which is still powerful even if it is random. Especially since all but one or two staffs are going to be useful regardless who they hit. Yes, you might silence a hero, but nine times out of ten, that's not going to be a problem.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: February 25, 2017, 01:15:15 pm »

I always assumed, personally, that the "The character only gets one reroll in this fashion." did mean only once a map.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: March 12, 2017, 03:33:58 pm »

I've tried connecting to the IRC a few times today, but I couldn't. Does anyone else have issues with it?
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: March 12, 2017, 03:34:54 pm »

Nope. What client are you using? Might be an issue there

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: March 12, 2017, 03:36:53 pm »

I'm using Darkmyst.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: March 12, 2017, 03:38:20 pm »

The feftalk channel and darkmyst servers are working OK v:

Try a different client, maybe mibbit or via Pidgin multimessenger
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 300