Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 281968 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #3945 on: March 29, 2018, 09:38:50 am »

Barons don’t have a massive weight penalty on their higher ranks of weapons.
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: March 29, 2018, 09:40:54 am »

The most important thing I have to really say about the classes is that 'Press the Assault' really needs to be limited to once a turn or something similar. As much of an edge case as it'll be, having a Tactician and Performer work together to blitz the enemy in a single turn is something to worry about.

That is a good point. I'll add a clause to prevent it.

Barons don’t have a massive weight penalty on their higher ranks of weapons.

Bounty Hunters only suffer penalties on weapons above their skill ceiling. Barons can't use weapons above their skill ceiling at all.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: March 29, 2018, 09:43:49 am »

Any Lances, Bows, Staves, Light magic, and anything Bounty Hunters have above C rank gets the weight penalty. That’s a lot of things.

Barons have the bonus of actually practically useful magic versatility.
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: March 29, 2018, 09:53:15 am »

I'd argue that a well built Bounty Hunter would be more useful than a well built Baron under the weapon skill distribution you suggest. They build too wide and short, and if their only class skill allows them to use more of the weapons they have access to, Omni-Weapon already does that better, because it gives them access to all weapons in their categories at a minor penalty, and everything else at a larger penalty.

If they keep Runic Armor instead, they get nothing above C rank. That means not even a Silver Lance.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3949 on: March 29, 2018, 10:01:20 am »

I believe I suggested Baron (or some renamed variant) be first class at one point, in order to provide more variety in Armored classes as well; I'd like to put that forth as an option again.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: March 29, 2018, 10:02:53 am »

I’d support that, too, but prefer Barons being a promotion.
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: March 29, 2018, 10:03:54 am »

I believe I suggested Baron (or some renamed variant) be first class at one point, in order to provide more variety in Armored classes as well; I'd like to put that forth as an option again.

What tree would it belong to? What would it promote to? What skill would it have? Making Baron a first class is a pretty vague suggestion.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: March 29, 2018, 10:05:08 am »

I'm not sure we need more armored first classes tbh. Even with the changes we've made to armored, it's still a fairly niche thing. It's not like magic which has so many items but was limited to three things. Armored is a class skill, not a weapon type that has only one or two classes that can use it.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: March 29, 2018, 10:06:28 am »

Well, as far as I’m aware Armored is a one-class skill for Knights. Literally no other first class has it. It wouldn’t be unnecessary in my opinion.
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: March 29, 2018, 10:10:03 am »

I'd be fine with seeing Baron or similar as a first class, although I'm also fine with it being a promo. Their class skill is definitely more of a promoted class thing though.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: March 29, 2018, 10:12:49 am »

If Baron is going to be a first class, we need to know where it's going to go, and what promotion options its going to have. If we make it a first class, that means we need two armored mag promos. Just going to point that out.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: March 29, 2018, 10:13:03 am »

Well, as far as I’m aware Armored is a one-class skill for Knights. Literally no other first class has it. It wouldn’t be unnecessary in my opinion.

That's kinda my point. It would be like saying we need more Pegasus classes or Wyvern classes or more classes with the raid skill. What does it give us beyond more classes that are weak to armor slaying weapons? Giving it to things on promo is slightly different because promo classes are already more varied so adding an armoured skill isn't going to change that.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3957 on: March 29, 2018, 10:13:35 am »

Tree? Assuming you mean trainee tree, it'd probably come from mage trainee as a magically focused class, unless another set of trainees is being introduced (which is worth discussing, really, since mage trainee may need to be split up into anima and dark cats, alongside an additional potential split for priest trainee.)

Promotes and such would need to be determined, but there's a lot of space in what we could do with them. Ssme for class skill; Runic Armor could be used, though it'd be best to come up with something slightly more reliable imo.

(Off the top of my head, it could promote to the current version, and the additional promote could be General (inheriting their extant tome prof and gaining axes), an armored healer class (call it Hospitalier or something,) or whatever else we cam come up with.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: March 29, 2018, 10:15:46 am »

...Except we don’t? Because one first class and two promoted classes have Armored, while there are many more classes with Horseback/Wyvern/Pegasus.

And reducing it to “a weakness to Armorslayers” is pretty inaccurate, considering Armored actually does something in this version of the book.
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: March 29, 2018, 10:18:58 am »

...Except we don’t? Because one first class and two promoted classes have Armored, while there are many more classes with Horseback/Wyvern/Pegasus.

And reducing it to “a weakness to Armorslayers” is pretty inaccurate, considering Armored actually does something in this version of the book.

Err. There's one base class for each of peg and Wyvern and two each of promo. So that part is wrong. And yes it does more but my point stays the same. What does adding more classes with armored give? How are they different from knight? What makes them a unique class?
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 300