Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280442 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #4245 on: July 01, 2018, 09:57:52 am »

Staves and performances not having WT wins, so it's likely we'll remove that stat from them.

Now for a poll about crossbows since there's been a difference of opinions on where to go with them.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: July 01, 2018, 10:03:38 am »

I'm pushing to have crossbows be unable to follow up, combined with a substantial WT reduction and better general stats. To me, crossbows suffer from a similar issue in comparison to druidic. They do some specific things fairly well but outside of those use cases they are badly hampered. My goal in making them single shot is this will allow for better parameters to make them attractive to use even for units that don't put all of their eggs into the crossbow basket.

I think a general buff isn't going to solve the problem, and I think applying STR to weapon WT is a poor idea that could wind up with crossbows needing str as much as any other bow, which invalidates one of the reasons to use them in the first place.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: July 01, 2018, 10:08:55 am »

To be clear about STR to WT, they wouldn't need as much STR to reduce the penalty to 0 as to increase the damage from a bow to crossbow standards, so they wouldn't invalidate having a STR growth, but change it so that it would allow for people that have lower STR to be on par of high STR bow users.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: July 01, 2018, 12:54:40 pm »

So I voted for the last option partially cause I don't care but also cause I don't think any of these options will fix crossbows. The can't follow up option will just pigeonhole crossbow characters into tank builds, the str to con option just means you're going to end up using regular bows for basically everything except killing fliers, and the buffs across the board doesn't fix the fundamental problem of crossbows being a gimmick and nothing more, imo. It honestly would probably be better to just scrap them and come up with something new.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: July 01, 2018, 12:58:47 pm »

As I discussed in the Discord, I agree — fundamentally altering the relationships of stats to combat is something that strongly damages a weapon category. It pigeonholes builds and either becomes busted once late game happens if you’ve improved a stat’s relationship to combat, or becomes absolute shit if you’ve worsened them, because the way the game is designed to progress takes these normal stat relationships into account.

A category that fundamentally exists by altering stats will not see success. I personally suggest either going with shortbows for piddlier 1-2 range bows, or (and honestly I like this idea more) powerful and heavy but still 2-range composite bows.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: July 01, 2018, 01:46:49 pm »

I am against the one-shot thing, that won't be fixing the issue at all. That won't solve the issue related  to damage, even if you boost the MT a tad, you just need to look at other classes and how much damage they can dish out even with rank C-B weapons if they have an okaish STR for their level. So what it currently needs is just a buff to pack a punch and an option to upgrade crossbows, so you won't end up tossing your previous crossbow away every one/two chapters.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: July 01, 2018, 01:58:18 pm »

After the poll and much discussion in Discord I think what's gonna happen with the Crossbow subcategory is that it's going to be changed into a Composite category. Composite bows in general will be heavier and stronger than Recurve while maintaining good accuracy and will mostly be restricted to range 2. There will be a few crossbow weapons among these but they won't make the most of the category to allow for people who spec into this category to have their STR not be useless, with the option to use the fixed MT crossbows if needed.

Thank you all for your contribution ;V

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: July 01, 2018, 02:13:45 pm »

But to be sure I'll make another poll.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: July 01, 2018, 02:46:59 pm »

Well, now I know for sure I'll never use future editions.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: July 01, 2018, 03:11:35 pm »

-
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:50:03 pm by Solymr »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: July 01, 2018, 03:15:49 pm »

Sirus: What's your problem with the change? Do you think there's a good way to fix crossbows without this change? What way would you suggest doing that then?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: July 01, 2018, 03:18:20 pm »

Well, now I know for sure I'll never use future editions.
It doesn't seem extremely feasible to swear off future editions, which do include the results of the discussions over some of the particularly janky or controversial or broken aspects of the game that you'd be consigning yourself to dealing with if you ran a game, over the replacement of the crossbow category, which barely saw use because its gimmick was fundamentally broken in terms of the progression of the game.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:24:12 pm by Powder Miner »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: July 01, 2018, 03:35:22 pm »

I think he had previous issues with the changes as well, like Mage Knights not getting magic weapons anymore.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: July 01, 2018, 03:53:24 pm »

I think he had previous issues with the changes as well, like Mage Knights not getting magic weapons anymore.

* Haspen cries dramatically in the corner over this.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: July 01, 2018, 03:59:33 pm »

Since that came up let's hear opinions about this: Magic Weapons having dual rank, meaning for example if a Wind Sword is Thrust/Wind (B), both a swordman with B in Thrust or a mage with B in Wind can use them. This could also mean a difference in how their damage is calculated.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 300