Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282102 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #4276 on: July 12, 2018, 03:40:08 pm »

I added a quick sword at rank D for slash and put stats in the claymore and durandal.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: August 06, 2018, 05:38:00 am »

I'm also proposing a new first class to fill the third promotion for Light Trainee:

Spoiler: Hunter / Huntress (click to show/hide)

I also tweaked Ascetic to have 6 CON as well.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: August 22, 2018, 01:30:39 pm »

I doubt I'm getting an answer but here's a new list of memory magic skills and costs adjusted for the new weapon lists.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfxft9i7amc9fwm/memory.txt?raw=1

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: August 22, 2018, 01:55:14 pm »

I think the transport staff options should be more expensive, given their sharply limited usage limit and level of impact.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: August 22, 2018, 02:53:10 pm »

How about 20 for teleport (both sage and druid) 24 for warp on sages and 20 for lore masters, and 15 for rescue?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: August 22, 2018, 03:17:53 pm »

Actually I feel like the cheapest one should be Teleport since the use cases will generally either put the caster in danger, or be an emergency escape method, and high hp costs could render the second use impossible and the first undesirable. I'd make that 15.

Rescue I feel should be 18 and Warp 20.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: August 22, 2018, 04:50:52 pm »

Alrighty then.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: September 20, 2018, 12:29:46 pm »

So Laguz mechanics came up again and I think some real progress was made this time. Here's a summary of what we've worked out, though its still in the fairly early conceptual stage.

Laguz do not promote. Laguz have a level cap of 40 instead of 20. Laguz have a Transformation Gauge.
Transformation Gauge maxes out at 15. While untransformed, at the start of their turn, they gain +1 to their transformation gauge, and at the end of a combat, they gain +2 to their transformation gauge. While transformed, at the beginning of their turn, their gauge reduces by 1, and reduces by 1 at the end of each combat.
Laguz may choose to revert their transformation as part of their turn. Laguz automatically revert their transformation if their gauge falls to 0. Laguz may (or may not its up for debate) transform on their turn at any point on the gauge. If a Laguz is attacked at a range they could counter in their base form, and their gauge is full, they will transform before combat begins.
Transformation increases STR, MAG, SKL, DEF, RES, and SPD by an average of 1/4 level, minimum 1. Different variations on the specific fraction per stats that may be chosen at character creation, but will not exceed 1/3 for balance reasons, are under review.
At character creation, Laguz choose one natural weapon (claw, talon, fang, etc). This will scale. Somehow.
There will be three main Laguz variants: Beast, Bird, and Dragon. The primary difference will be in skills and vulnerability. Bird Laguz will have flight while transformed at minimum. Most everything else is up in the air.
Laguz may have lower bases and a greater amount of bonus stats at character creations to allow for variation in relation to the low number of distinct classes.

Aaaand that's pretty much it at the moment.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: September 20, 2018, 03:43:43 pm »

So are there Laguz trainees, or will they be stuck having five less levels total than human characters?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: September 20, 2018, 05:34:06 pm »

What level does their transformation gauge start at? I assume 0, but...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: September 20, 2018, 05:38:40 pm »

What level does their transformation gauge start at? I assume 0, but...

I would also assume zero, but then again it could start full just as easily. It's still pretty early days with this.

So are there Laguz trainees, or will they be stuck having five less levels total than human characters?

There wouldn't be Laguz trainees but that's a good point. In games that use trainees, Laguz would probably have their level cap raised. I would think.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: September 20, 2018, 07:38:05 pm »

Would laguz be completely helpless while untransformed? I mean, from the sound of it a laguz player will either have to wait 15 turns to transform or get into (one-sided?) fights that would probably wind up in a lot of avoidable downing. We already know how lethal FEF combat is/could be considering how many knockdowns occur every map. Forcing players to deliberately sacrifice themselves in order to contribute in any meaningful timeframe will just put more pressure on the healers.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: September 20, 2018, 07:45:34 pm »

I liked Laguz having the ability to counter while they are untransformed, but you raise a good point about the timing mechanism.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 300