Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 291449 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Gridbased Murder
« Reply #2070 on: August 08, 2014, 05:49:54 pm »

"This is how you repay me for not killing you in the last episode, Gilbert? I should have cut you in half while you were dangling off the side of the boat."

"Ah, but you have violated the rules of gentlemanly conduct thrice over, foolish fool! Paying hitmen to shoot a cripple because you haven't the balls to face him! Hahahah! Haven't got the balls, foolish fool! You see what I did there? I see what I did there! And now your charges are depleted! Your ammunition runs low! All you have is your cowardice! Fear of death breathing down your neck!" Gilbert screams, doing the backstroke in the water.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: August 08, 2014, 05:52:34 pm »

((Wait a minute. You fell in the water, shouldn't you be backstage or trying not to drown with a large alien weight on your arm, and therefore not a part of this at all, HB? Because you fell off last turn.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: August 08, 2014, 05:54:22 pm »

((Wait a minute. You fell in the water, shouldn't you be backstage or trying not to drown with a large alien weight on your arm, and therefore not a part of this at all, HB? Because you fell off last turn.))

((I assume Gilbert's still there. And that the water's not too deep, either. Maybe he's about to be herded off elsewhere! But in the meantime, commentary. I haven't heard confirmation one way or another, at any rate. I could be wrong, of course, in which case Mason and Gilbert are still best friends!))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:57:39 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2073 on: August 08, 2014, 05:58:12 pm »

((I think I'll shoot at him if he shoots at me, that's what I think. My team has shackles too.

EDIT: Also, exorbitant amount? The most you can pay is 6 if Navarro joins, which would be worth it to leave you without points and all subject to elimination.  Or I could pay 7 if I chose to go that route.))
Why don't you try that? See how well it will turn out?

Who do you think Hapah would think is more capable of murdering him? You don't even know any long range shackle combos. You have no long range weapons.

Plus, that move is cowardly and irresponsible and you know it. You're willing to threaten defenseless people to get your way. I'm threatening them in the name of justice and order, as a response to your threats. If we have it your way, then the audience will turn into a free for all where nobody is safe and everyone is trying to kill everybody else to get their money or get them to support one team or the other. Without some semblance of peace, the audience would be completely worthless. And you, sir and dear gentlemen of the audience, are trying to destroy that peace with your threats. Don't you see what this will lead to? Are a few DDs really worth causing so much chaos, chaos that will probably lead to you loosing those DDs anyway?

So please, stop your threats and let us do this like gentlemen, OK?

EDIT: I'd be willing to take that chance. I'd profit either way.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: August 08, 2014, 06:13:58 pm »

((That right there is bull. Justice and order? There were no threats until you decided "Oh hey, instead of trying to bid more I'll shoot the guy with the gun if he doesn't do what I want." I did it as a response to your threat, since you were the one to declare it fair game. I never asked anyone to threaten Hapah, they did that on their own. Nor did I threaten anyone defenseless at any point, since Hapah has his rifle and the rest of you I would target have Shackles. I was content to leave the audience to their own devices. How about you close the forums for a bit before this turns into some sort of homage to GWG, think it over, and then drop it so we can get back to the game and our various bids and empty threats made in good fun because it is, after all, a game.))

"I swear to the Host that if I survive, I will rip your fun bits off, feed them to you, and then cut your god damn intestines out for that comment, Gilbert."

((See that? Threat made in good fun. Unless Gilbert isn't there, at which point it wasn't said and they are totally BFFs. Gee, I hope Larry won't get jealous.))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:15:57 pm by Beirus »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: August 08, 2014, 06:17:53 pm »

((Gee, if contestants can transfer points freely to the audience, and each point is worth 10 DDs...
They could basically just pay various audience members to kill of the other team for them! :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: August 08, 2014, 06:18:40 pm »

"I swear to the Host that if I survive, I will rip your fun bits off, feed them to you, and then cut your god damn intestines out for that comment, Gilbert."

"And I'll smile and wave for the camera! I'm glad we have an understanding!" Gilbert says. He was glad socialization on this show was no different than at home. He'd heard how reality TV gets a bit ridiculous in that regard.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: August 08, 2014, 06:20:13 pm »

((Gee, if contestants can transfer points freely to the audience, and each point is worth 10 DDs...
They could basically just pay various audience members to kill of the other team for them! :P))
((Audience participation is a great way to get more ratings. And to increase ticket prices as folks fight over who gets to go to the arena and try to finagle some points out of the contestants.  :P))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2078 on: August 08, 2014, 06:34:38 pm »

((That right there is bull. Justice and order? There were no threats until you decided "Oh hey, instead of trying to bid more I'll shoot the guy with the gun if he doesn't do what I want." I did it as a response to your threat, since you were the one to declare it fair game. I never asked anyone to threaten Hapah, they did that on their own. Nor did I threaten anyone defenseless at any point, since Hapah has his rifle and the rest of you I would target have Shackles. I was content to leave the audience to their own devices. How about you close the forums for a bit before this turns into some sort of homage to GWG, think it over, and then drop it so we can get back to the game and our various bids and empty threats made in good fun because it is, after all, a game.))

((See that? Threat made in good fun. Unless Gilbert isn't there, at which point it wasn't said and they are totally BFFs. Gee, I hope Larry won't get jealous.))
And here we see the contestants lack of honor continuing, dear ladies and gentlemen of the audience. I'm certain that his campaing of slander against me, those vile attempts at misdirection won't confuse you, but just to make sure you do not forget the facts of the conversation, please read the below and judge for yourselves:
((Plus, if you turn on me and I survive, I'll just offer a point to the first audience member to bring me your head. Which, coupled with the bets on me, would probably be a larger profit to them than they would get from you. Heck, you may not even get to keep a full point's worth of DD after paying off the mob, and you'll only have one more bullet to defend yourself. Not to mention the reds said they'd pay if you shot me, not shot at me and missed. Quite the conundrum.))
Now is that or is that not a threat against Hapah, something that my dear opponent claimed he did as a response to my threat? As you can clearly see here, my threat was a direct response to him trying to use his superior firepower to intimidate the audience. What an audacity, trying to turn my own argument against me with such false statements. I'm certain that an audience as smart as you can judge this crude attempt at deception and reach the correct conclusions about who is in the right here, about who has your best interests in mind.
I'm really not being serious here (if it wasn't obvious from my tone). Because, really, what kind of serious person talks like that except politicians? I'm just doing this for fun.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: August 08, 2014, 07:21:19 pm »

((Oh yeah, that threat. Thought you meant the Shackle threat. Shame on me then. Why don't we all just support---No. You know what? No. I had an argument written here, but no. I refuse to let this devolve any further into a finger-pointing contest of who stinks worse when both of us decided to roll around in shit. This is a game. None of the actions taken have violated the terms of the game to my knowledge, or PW would have said something. Play the game or take your toys and move to another sandbox, but don't waste my time with these OOC arguments of who has the moral high ground or who is doing the right thing when neither of us do or are. If Destio loses his grip and falls or Navarro dies, oh well. If Mason dies, oh fucking well. It's a game and this OOC bickering needs to stop. I'm not saying that you are wrong or that your complaints aren't unfounded, but it's irrelevant. Play the game. If you want to pay Hapah to try to kill Mason, then give him the points in your action. If I want to pay more so he tries to kill you or Navarro, then I'll make the offer IC. If I want to spend my points on something like having others kill someone and PW doesn't object, then I will. I'm done with the OOC threats and unfairness complaints, and I would rather not have this devolve into something Toady will have to clean up and that PW will have to deal with the fallout from. That's it. Consider my part in this argument done. The RNG can decide it from this point.))

"Actually Gilbert, I think I'll cut out your intestines first, then feed you your gonads. I hope you'll still be smiling afterwards."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2080 on: August 08, 2014, 08:41:05 pm »

((Oh, but I am playing the game, same way you are. I am simply using the same weapons you are. You tried to bid, I tried to bid. You tried to threaten, I tried to threaten. You used a ridiculous and inherently flawed argument, I did the same. Every time you escalated, I tried to match you. You can't blame me for trying to win and for using the same weapons as my opponent. As you may have noticed, I never complained about this not being fair. On the contrary, using the same weapons as your opponent is about as fair as you can get, wouldn't you agree? So, hey, I'm not mad at you or angry. I'm not bickering or anything. We're all friends, we're all having fun here. Or at least I am. Because I enjoy our fighting whatever form it takes, whether I win or loose. But that doesn't mean I won't try to win. So, friends?))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: August 08, 2014, 08:53:45 pm »

((Friends. You'll have to forgive me, as most of my experiences with arguments are the kind where there is a good amount of ill blood between the two arguers, and the faceless medium that is the Internet does make it a bit difficult to convey whether one is arguing out of anger or fun. If I survive this episode, I'll get a shield and you can get an athlete suit and sword and then we can fairly duke it out like futuristic knights.  :P))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: August 08, 2014, 08:54:22 pm »

((My character must be so confused right now, everyone seems to be in anime time at this point, with whole pages of dialogue being spouted out while everyone is still trying to bisect, trisect, quadsect or pentasect each other in some gruesome way.

What I'm trying to say here is that i want to see people be bisected in some way.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: August 08, 2014, 09:00:18 pm »

((I'm working on that, darn it. One way or another, it seems Mason will be involved in a bisection :P))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: August 09, 2014, 12:22:27 pm »

If Hapah aims at Mason, attack him and try to steal his rifle.  Otherwise stay away from him and cheer.

((Sorry Hap, but I gotta protect my money.

And Paris, you're threatening to shoot the audience, while hanging precariously by one hand on a shield barely wedged in place?  Seriously?))
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 153