Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 58

Author Topic: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 72; Game over man  (Read 46793 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 18
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2014, 11:59:13 am »

Oh damnit did I forget to do this again?

Crap. I can't promise a turn out sooner than like 4+ hours, sorry.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2014, 07:06:24 pm »

Prod again. I am currently at the library for about another half a hour (after which I won't have a computer that can run flash for about a day). Getting a turn in before I leave would be very nice.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2014, 07:23:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2014, 07:34:24 pm »

Turn 19
Spoiler: Turn 18 results (click to show/hide)
After a lot of thought, I think I would say at this point that NQT has won the game.
Now, if the war between ranger and Kash ended this turn, they might be able to still win, so I propose the following:
First off: Everyone gets a vote to say if they think that NQT has won the game as it stands. If 3 of the remaining 5 players agree, then he wins with the default victory conditions.
If people do agree that he wins, then the victory conditions change. Instead of everyone trying to win, the goal changes from "Kill everyone else" to "Kill NQT". They also agree to peace, and start working together. NQT keeps his same victory condition of beating the world, but this time he has a bit of a challenge going up against a unified force.

Otherwise, it just continues on the current course (which I think will just be NQT slowly steamrolling the remains of Zans->Boydinya->Kash->The rest).
-----
Admin interface
Player interface
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 19
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2014, 05:57:11 am »

Spoiler: Turn 19 (click to show/hide)

I hardly think I'm steamrollering. I've caught a grand total of two cities and am now forced to fight a war on all fronts. The others could hunker down and produce superior technology (especially with their greater access to mana) or capture one another's cities to build a consolidated power base. Things are still precarious.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2014, 09:34:42 am »

I say, give us 4-5 more turns to see where this goes.

The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 21, 2014, 11:05:20 pm »

I say, give us 4-5 more turns to see where this goes.
I hardly think I'm steamrollering. I've caught a grand total of two cities and am now forced to fight a war on all fronts. The others could hunker down and produce superior technology (especially with their greater access to mana) or capture one another's cities to build a consolidated power base. Things are still precarious.
I beg to differ. Zanz and Role can't beat him on their own, or even pressure him at all. It may take him a while, but eventually he can crush both of them (Zanz especially as he lacks a source of iron).
He will be able to grow as fast and produce as much as both of them combined with. The reason for this is not only did he take two cities, but he is also shortly going to have 3 iron + 3 river sections.

If he takes the effort to wipe out Zanz (which I know he can with iron troops eventually), then he will control half the map.

Now, if Kash and RangerCado were to focus on either building armies to fight NQT or "hunkering down and produce superior technology" (and thus being able to field very strong armies later), then there would be a real chance. But as it is, NQT is getting stronger rapidly, while his opponents aren't growing stronger fast enough to pose a real challenge (due to the war).

I am quite sure that unless something rapidly changes, NQT is almost certain to win, and in this case the something would be a end to the war between Kash and Ranger.
But as I said, if another person thinks that NQT won't win as is, then the game will continue until people concede.
E:
Spoiler: Boyd turn 19 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:08:11 pm by lemon10 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 21, 2014, 11:12:15 pm »

I think you underestimate my rate of population growth, lemon10. And how quickly I can start producing troops, especially Iron ones now that I can grab that iron.

That is, if you as Boydinia don't contest me for it. >.> As long as I can have that iron I will try and keep him from breaking through as long as I can, but I can make no promises.

So can units only move one tile a turn, then?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:16:34 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2014, 11:13:19 pm »

Well, I guess i'll just have to 'Trust the Bomber' so to speak here.

((Hearthstone reference. The Mad Bomber throws 3 bombs at ANYTHING other than itself when played. This can lead to either really good luck, or bad luck, thus requiring you to trust the bomber when played.))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2014, 11:22:33 pm »

I think you underestimate my rate of population growth, lemon10. And how quickly I can start producing troops, especially Iron ones now that I can grab that iron.

That is, if you as Boydinia don't contest me for it. >.> As long as I can have that iron I will try and keep him from breaking through as long as I can, but I can make no promises.

So can units only move one tile a turn, then?
Units have a speed that determines how far them can move.
Infantry all have two, which lets them move a single plains tile per turn, or two tiles if they use a road for the first tile.

And I really don't think I am underestimating you, you can grow very fast, but he still has much more resources then you to work with. You can nearly counter him, but the others aren't going to be any help at all if that war continues.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2014, 11:26:08 pm »

>.> I know. <.<

I think I'm the second most powerful power thanks to that food focus, meaning I'm going to be A. taking the brunt of his power once he brings everything to bear on me, and B. I need support damnit!

Get over yourselves, you bloody bastards! Kashyyk(or whoever pink is) needs to start building iron troops and new cities to help Zanzetzuken hold him off for a while, and Ranger(or whoever Orange is) needs to stop fighting him and start pulling his troops over to where they can be useful.

I do favor the whole 'federation of allies' approach though. Hell, maybe Boydinia can even survive as a tiny city-state under my thumb someone's protection.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2014, 12:51:15 pm »

Come on kash and zanz, it's been two days without a peep from either of you.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2014, 05:22:09 pm »

Sorry! Didn't see the update :(

I choose to withhold my vote for now. I wanna see how it turns out.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:29:05 pm by Kashyyk »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2014, 06:14:30 pm »

I'll give Zanz till tomorrow morning, then auto him if he doesn't have a turn in.
E: Just a reminder for all those engaged in combat: If our troops go into a battle in separate armies then they all fight individually, and will end up brutally crushed.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:33:34 pm by lemon10 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2014, 07:51:18 pm »

I'll give Zanz till tomorrow morning, then auto him if he doesn't have a turn in.
E: Just a reminder for all those engaged in combat: If our troops go into a battle in separate armies then they all fight individually, and will end up brutally crushed.

Just auto me for the next week.  I don't think I'll have access to a computer besides a phone that can't run this.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 58