Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 51103 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2014, 01:14:49 am »

((Oh, I meant the one leading to the Section Primary. I think I actually added it in in a previous version, but it may have wound up lost. Will notify you of edits from here on in!))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:16:22 am by Harry Baldman »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2014, 01:38:33 am »

Well section exit to section primary is cutoff so there's no way to make it to the Central elevator.
How do you know that Harry is trying to get to the Central Elevator at this current moment in time?

((Oh, I meant the one leading to the Section Primary. I think I actually added it in in a previous version, but it may have wound up lost. Will notify you of edits from here on in!))
Alright, thank you.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2014, 01:41:18 am »

Well section exit to section primary is cutoff so there's no way to make it to the Central elevator.
How do you know Harry is trying to get to the Central Elevator?

Alright, thank you.

I don't but it's just an observation,from this view it looks like we're trapped on this level with no way to make it to the elevator.

FAKE EDIT Gah I keep forgetting about the keycard thing,why's it so hard to remember?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2014, 10:58:13 am »

Indeed, finding something like a firearm is not going to happen even on the best roll. A large knife would also require a quite high roll. That is an acceptable action however.
I would be happy with a brick and a sock. Don't know why a lab would have those, but with Umbrella locking their doors with chess pieces, that would make more sense in most horror games.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2014, 04:21:05 am »

Turn 9: Various fumbles and impending mutations next turn.

Also, Dark, I think you forgot to think of something.

Back away to research hallway, kicking anything that comes at me.
[4]: You turn around and stumble multiple times, only getting to the Research Hallway after an embarrassing amount of nearly falling face-first into the microbes.

Look at the computer stuff around here. Any hard drives unconnected to the computers themselves? Steal one if yes. Also, since this is a computer room and lots of presumably inept scientists worked here, check if there are any passwords and such written down anywhere. Or even hints of them. Then move on to the Section Exit to the Section Primary.
[2]: You search around the room for unconnected harddrives, but either there aren't any or you're blind/inept, because you can't find any.

Also, it strikes you that those "inept scientists" are probably you and your fellow scientists because you and your 7 fellow scientists have been working here for quite a while alone. So you hope that there aren't actually any passwords written down, because that would make you feel either stupid directly or stupid by association.

You head off to the Section Exit to Section Primary and are met with Zack curiously searching around a mostly featureless room for something. Oh, and the door to the Section C Primary is locked.

Lets go for a weapon
[5]: You search around the room but all you find is a scalpel and a strangely placed sock on a counter. I'll assume that you'll be taking the scalpel.

You also regenerate somewhat.

Gained items:
Scalpel.

Hit one of the creatures,with the knife of course.
[1!] versus [11]: You swing wildly at the flying creatures but stumble on the corner of a counter and smack your face into the counter. The flying creatures fairly easily dodge whatever swing you had.

I swear, team PC is getting all the 1 rolls.

Bite tentacle again!
[16] versus [18]: You rush at the tentacle but it deters you away with a lethal amount of swinging and jabbing in your general direction. Not being suicidal, you don't charge face-first into its strikes.

Use wereboar super strength to destroy that tentacle!
[11] versus [7]: Getting tired of this, you grab the tentacle and yank as well as you can. Unfortunately, you find yourself barely getting a grip on the floor with your hoofs and your pulling barely hurts the tentacle.

You also regenerate somewhat.

Attempt to find a level 1 Security-Class Security Card. Search near the Quarantine Door.
[5]: You search the area around the door but don't find the card you are looking for.

I will give a hint: Maybe Security-class cards would be from security guards, and are not likely to be just lying around?

Quote from: Unknown Flying Creatures
Attack Starn!
[18] versus [11]: Starn suddenly finds the creatures that he failed to attack successfully digging their spikes into Starn's arms, which hurts quite a bit.

Quote from: Infected Labrats
Attack Starn!
[15] versus [7]: Starn, under attack by the air, suddenly finds himself under attack from the ground as the infected rats suddenly start tearing up his body.

Quote from: Strain F Tentacle
Attack Jimbo!
[5] versus [1!]: The tentacle, probably impeded by Jimbo, fails to do much. But it does manage to do at least something. As Jimbo attempts to hold onto the tentacle, the tentacle yanks back and its spike cuts Jimbo's hand fairly nastily as it breaks free.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sjm9876-Malcolm (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Strain F Tentacle (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2014, 04:24:23 am »

Go back to research hallway, search for a security card once there.
Edited.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:53:20 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2014, 04:28:36 am »

You know something? Screw this. Check what the door is like, and examine its general mechanism. Then take a look at the card reader. Size it up real good, you know what I'm saying?

What exactly am I dealing with here? The sort of artistry you'd expect from a corporation that set a bunch of cheap non-microbiologists to work with dangerous alien bacteria, or is it the much more likely "take the lowest bidder" attitude?

If the latter, or even the former, consider if I can't use the tools in my disposal to somehow make this door open up to me. Bowing to technology is exactly what we scientists can't do!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:29:36 am by Harry Baldman »

blazing glory

« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2014, 04:30:12 am »

Just run,anywhere,just run.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2014, 04:50:53 am »

Go back to research hallway, search the corpse of that security guard for that security card.

Go back to research hallway, search the corpse of that security guard for that security card.

Aid him! And if that security guard has no card, look for other dead security guards.

Sorry, but back in turn 2 I had mentioned that the security guard did not have his card on him, in a response to your own turn no less!

...The security guard does in fact have a pistol on him and some body armor, however the former is probably empty and the sec guards don't have much reason to carry too many clips, while the latter is wrecked with stabs and cuts. There is no security card on this guard--he probably lost it somewhere in the confusion. Regardless, considering you don't have hands, you can't really pick up any of it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2014, 04:53:45 am »

Edited my action.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2014, 04:59:07 am »

Requoted my action!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2014, 05:06:27 am »

Edited my action.
I would like to note that when you first entered the Research Hallway and searched you got a 20, and a place like that is usually one where I can list every important visible item in the room.

Requoted my action!
You all basically know for a fact that that's the only dead security guard in this Sub-Section--the entire rest of the two squads (infected and not) were last seen in the Section C Primary. Not by you, admittedly, but you all got a sort of idea that they were heading that direction even if you didn't see the Section Primary yourself. You're all also pretty sure that there was only two squads of guards. Finally, Team PC has explored every room in the Sub-Section and dead people are probably a pretty evident thing even for idiots, don't you think?

Not that I won't let you do your action, but I'm just saying... even from a roleplaying perspective it's a bit of a stretch.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:09:59 am by Tarran »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2014, 05:10:01 am »

((Interesting information! Action edited!

I do appreciate you pointing these things out, though, and not just running the turn anyway and passive-aggressively remarking on the pointlessness of it. We can't all pay complete attention, after all.))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2014, 05:20:01 am »

On the other hand, I do like being snark at times. But yes, when I notice it and I'm actually motivated and I have a >0 opinion of people I probably will point out problems.

Also, I would like to note that the way to Sub-Section F was blocked by a door too, which at least two other people discovered. Though... admittedly I don't think anyone told your character of that. :P

I never knew one person holding the only way to progress through the game in their hands without telling anyone was going to result in this much havoc.

blazing glory

« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2014, 05:25:08 am »

I never knew one person holding the only way to progress through the game in their hands without telling anyone was going to result in this much havoc.

Oh it's not that,it's the monsters who just don't die who are causing the havoc.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35