Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50847 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2014, 06:05:15 pm »

Find others!
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

blazing glory

« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2014, 08:33:23 pm »

sjm9876's dropping out due to exams and "seeming inability" to remember to check the RTD board. Okay.

That means it's time for Wade to enter in. He'll be in next turn. Hopefully scrapheap will provide me an easy way to introduce him into the game and not roll a 1. :P
So, who's heard of GWGs ban?

Is GWG perma-banned or temporarily banned?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2014, 09:18:53 pm »

As far as I can tell, he's iced for good.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2014, 04:56:46 pm »

I'm here. Do I do an action or wait for Tarran to write me in?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2014, 05:35:44 pm »

Wait, obviously. You have neither a location, a strain, or even a status at the moment. I also said just a couple posts back that I'll put you in next turn.

Also, I like how you phrased your post as if anyone else would know what the heck I'm going to do.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2014, 02:00:06 am »

Turn 11: I don't normally copy and paste, but when I do, it's probably for a good reason.

((Right,lets stop bumbling about and try to head to the next level.))

Find Ashley.

((Sorry if this is somewhat metagamey.))

((No, no, I think everyone's been flopping around enough.))

[18]: You meet up with Ashley. She swipes her card on the door, and it opens, revealing another infected scientist. It's the janitor that cleans up Sub-Section F. He doesn't appear to be hostile, strangely enough.

Search for other people! Maybe they have security cards! Like those people near the Section Exit to Sub-Section F, nudge nudge wink wink.
[15]: You meet up with Ashley. She swipes her card on the door, and it opens, revealing some infected person in a hoodie. He has a rather nasty looking chest and back.

Find other people.
[12]: You meet up with Ashley. She swipes her card on the door, and it opens, revealing some infected person in a hoodie. He has a rather nasty looking chest and back.

Swipe card in reader
[12]: Not rolling a 1, you swipe that handy card in the reader. You hear a computerized female voice say "Access Granted", and a timer that says "0:02:00" displays on the card reader's display and begins counting down. Beneath, it also says "TEMPORARY QUARANTINE UNLOCK".

You look up from the reader just to catch an infected person with an extremely spiked and dangerous looking back swing around and look at you all.

Also, you regenerate slightly.

follow Starn
[10]: You follow Starn and meet up with Ashley. She swipes her card on the door, and it opens, revealing some infected person in a hoodie. He has a rather nasty looking chest and back.

You regenerate slightly.

Go to where Starn is.
[14]: You follow Starn and meet up with Ashley. She swipes her card on the door, and it opens, revealing some infected person in a hoodie. He has a rather nasty looking chest and back.

Find others!
[19]: You meet up with Ashley. She swipes her card on the door, and it opens, revealing another infected scientist. It's the janitor that cleans up Sub-Section F. He doesn't appear to be hostile, strangely enough.

Quote from: sjm9876
Leave the game.
Suddenly, when everyone's looking away, Malcolm seizes up and his entire body is rapidly covered in a wide variety of minerals from diamond, to native silver, to Talc. Unfortunately, the quick transformation kills him... Oh well, at least unlike everyone else when he dies he won't rot away like them! In fact, sometime in the future, maybe someone will make use of his remains for something important, instead of being put inside a casket and left to turn into dirt.

Quote from: Wade Wilson
Enter the game.
((For reference, your character is considered to have been infected on turn 5, and somewhat wounded to reflect how he was infected))

Strain roll: I, The Monster.

Urgh, this is rapidly turning out to be the worst day ever. It all started as a normal day, just cleaning after the dudes in Sub-Section F as usual, no danger at all, until somebody brought some meteor down here and gave it to the guys in Sub-Section E. Unsurprisingly, they messed up and released some horrific thing, causing a quarantine. You and your fellow employees in Sub-Section F all followed proper procedure and evacuated through Section C, but you were ambushed by some horrifically mutated and insane people and several of your fellow employees died, along with many others from other Sub-Sections. Interestingly, though, some of them apparently didn't go insane. Regardless, in the middle of running away, one of the infected jumped the scientist ahead of you, killing her, and then he cut your left arm. A security guard, firing at the infected, then hit him in the chest, splattering his blood all over you. Unfortunately, that's probably how you got infected.

After that, you noticed that many of your fellow employees were being cut down before they could escape, and many more that were infected rising back up and attacking the others. In an attempt to save yourself, you turned around and ran back into Sub-Section F just as the doors were closing on you. You then hid out as far away from the door as you could, trying to heal your wound, before you felt a sudden tingling on your body and bladed spikes of dark bone shot out of your back. Your back skin hardened into a thick, very dark brown carapace with hard, sharp scales where the bone spikes aren't, and your chest grew to be 20% longer than before, though now you are permanently slightly hunched over. Safe to say, your shirt was basically destroyed by this.

This is especially horrifying to you because you fear Tyranids. You might be turning into one! Well, it actually might not be as bad as being eaten by one, and you might be turning into something else entirely--actually you probably are turning into something else, but still this is pretty disturbing to you.

Suddenly, the door opens behind you. You spin around and find a large number of other infected people. Oh god, they're going to kill you! And why are their clothes covered in god-knows-what?

...Wait, are these the dudes from Sub-Section E?

Everyone:
In case you are wondering what Sub-Section F is for, it is for the breeding and potential genetic manipulation of whatever E finds, among other things. Everyone would know this, unless your character is unusually unaware of his/her surroundings.

Also, I decided to start listing all the locations the party has discovered in case they might want to go back there for whatever potential reason.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:36:51 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2014, 02:11:11 am »

Unless you want to die from whatever inhabits this place,I advise you come with us.

Step over to Sub-section F and go into it's Research Hallway.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:30:01 am by blazing glory »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2014, 02:49:50 am »

"Erm, hello!" Ms. Quincy says to the new fellow. He didn't seem hostile, and more friends were always... good?

Greet this new person. Wave gooey hand. Travel to Sub-Section F!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2014, 07:34:02 am »

((To subsection f, or not to subsection f. That is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to advance the plot or to dick around and battle tentacles, and by battling end them. To die, to sleep--no more--and by a sleep to say we end the heartache and thousand unnatural mutations my flesh is heir to. Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--to sleep--perchance to dream: aye, there's the rub, for in that sleep of death what eldritch horrors may come when microbes have consumed our flesh must give us pause.))
To subsection f!
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2014, 08:50:37 am »

Follow the group into subsection f
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

blazing glory

« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2014, 09:30:41 am »

((Gah,curse my feeble mind,edited my post to it's intention.))

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2014, 02:46:11 pm »

AHHHH! Please don't eat me creepy plant person... oh you're sane. Thank god. What the hell is happening?
follow the group
To Starn Well aren't you a ray of sunshine?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:27:00 pm by Wade Wilson »

blazing glory

« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2014, 05:49:14 pm »

AHHHH! Please don't eat me creepy plant person... oh you're sane. Thank god. What the hell is happening?
follow the group
To Starn Well aren't you a ray of sunshine?

So you suggest I should've lied and said you'll be fine on your own?

I'm merely pointing out the facts.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2014, 06:47:15 pm »

Sorry, I have a headache and being hunched over lice this isn't helping. But seriously, what's going on?

That never happened
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:49:22 pm by Wade Wilson »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2014, 08:28:14 pm »

Wade, may I suggest previewing posts before you post? There's a reason the button is there. :P

Also, I wonder how much more awkward/unusually abrupt of an introduction we can get considering Team PC is already horrible at conversing with eachother without any newbies.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35