Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 51084 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2014, 10:10:04 pm »

You gonna have him die a climactic death? Or is he gonna "disappear"
Well, there's the problem. How does he die climatically? About the only way he can die is turn around and try and murder the lolenemies, but that seems a bit insulting on the intelligence of the character. Besides that, there's nobody else around that he can fight, as the doors to the Section C Primary are locked and the key is in the hands of someone else. There are no environmental deaths around either.

If you guys have any suggestions, maybe I'll use them.

Well,I'm pretty sure some of these mutations wouldn't be healthy for the heart or lungs.
Maybe, maybe, but isn't that a death that constitutes as "disappear" death to Tamer's two suggestions?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2014, 01:07:57 am »

Okay. I'm ready for mutations and death. Roll the dice & tell me the strain!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2014, 04:57:23 am »

Turn 15: Mutations! Yay mutations. So fun.

Also, Harry, Scrap, you both suck. Why did you both randomly disappear and not even bother to mention anything on this thread? That's rude, you know.

Examine the vending machines.
[20!]: You examine the vending machines. Amazingly, they are filled completely. Soda, snack food, junk food, candy, dried fruit and nuts, filling the vending machines to the brim.

You're unsure if you're really going to need this food unless this infection becomes a sort of zombie apocalypse, but it's there regardless?

Go through the research hallway to section exit to section primary and go into section primary,if I see any then check corpses or such for useful items and keep moving.
[16]: You go through the research hallway to the Section C Primary. Or you would have, except the door is closed and you don't actually have the card!

You grumble intensely at this frustrating fact of life.

((I am taking no responsibility in you wasting your turn, for it's not my fault you don't have the card, it's Team PC's fault))

Go to larger creature breeding room and look for something to sharpen my teeth with! They must have nail files or something.
[5]: You go to the breeding room. Once again, you do not in fact find anything, especially not a filer (they're not breeding pets for people or zoos or something like that, purely experimental). You begin to question why you apparently really need something to sharpen teeth that were already severely sharpened by a mutation. And wouldn't a knife be a better weapon anyway?

This room is a various mix of cages, half-walled in areas, containment rooms, and a tiny bit of animal supplies. There's not much here at all at the moment, they probably weren't doing any breeding projects here recently. There is waste on the floors of some of the cages, though. Nick probably didn't get to them yet.

Suddenly, you tingle intensely throughout your body, before it stops. You then an itch on your nose, and as you move to scratch it, you notice you moved a new appendage rather than your hand. In front of you is now a long, black, icky, oozing tentacle coming from your back. It is one of about 13 of the same, and by god are you now even more creeped out about yourself. You're just glad you never watched through too much Japanese anime.

Also, there is now a hole in the suit where the tentacles are coming out of. It is extremely disturbing to anyone else who sees it, which is nobody at the moment but that's a minor blessing.

Grab some large standard nets and some large electric nets
[8]: You grab the large nets in a fairly standard fashion. Not many ways you could fluff that up.

I will note however that, although it isn't heavy, you're beginning to have trouble carrying all this stuff with just two hands.

Gained Items:
3 Large Nets.
3 Large Electrified Nets.

Go to the Section primary exit and wait for everyone else.
[13]: You go to the Section Primary exit and wait. The door is closed. Starn's here grumbling about the locked door. Surprise surprise, he didn't think of asking Ashley for the key-card.

((Also, I hope you don't mind me slightly retconning your last turn for the sake of introducing a new player. I didn't have getting rid of Dark in mind when I wrote it, and I need a good way to introduce the newbie. Retcon: The camera for the Panic room was out-of order))

Suddenly, you tingle and your legs and feet burst. Your toes lengthen extremely and grow lethal claws, your feet themselves also lengthen, sharpen, and toughen considerably, and your legs become far more agile yet covered with tough armor. Not to mention plenty of random but symmetrical jagged spikes sticking out of both your legs. This is making you uneasy about yourself.

Quote from: Sarrak
Enter the game.
((I'm going to have your character, like Wade, infected at turn 5, for simplicity. Also, slightly wounded for flavor))

Strain roll: Strain R, The Experimentalist.

((That said, mutation timers have no meaning with this one! No simplification needed! Also, because of the high regeneration, no wounds!))

Shoot, shoot, shoot. This is NOT COOL. Not cool at all. You and your fellow Sub-section F scientists were just messing around playing god when some idiots from Sub-section E went and flubbed with some ALIEN meteor, and now you're IN an Alien movie! This is bad, very very bad. It doesn't help that your retreat was a failure, either. You and you fellow scientists tried to evacuate through the Section C Primary, but an alienish monster knocked you over and blocked your path. You turned around and ran, just as the creature cut your back with its already wet claws. You're not quite sure what was on those claws, but it was probably bad. Because now you have a colossally long tail with a sharp spear-hook sticking out of your rear that will probably make it very awkward to close doors from now on. This is not normal.

Anyway, you ran back into this Sub-section, and directly into the Panic Room before locking it down. You're pretty sure you're fulfilling it's intended purpose, so no harm there. You've been waiting in here for an unknown amount of minutes, messing with your tail to make sure that yes, you are in fact not going insane, you have a absurdly long tail that would probably stretch entire hallways and more.

((For anyone wondering, Sarrak's character ran back before Wade's did, so that's why he didn't see him, and that's the canon I'm going with))

Recently, though, you've been hearing people walking around. Or at least, you think it's people. There's also been some intelligent speaking... Maybe the security teams are here to get you out? Or maybe there are a bunch of people going to murder you... Well, it's a coinflip, you guess. Either way, eventually you're going to have to open the doors and go before you starve to death. There's only enough food in here for... 24 days for one person. In theory, you could stay here. But really, the choice is still up to you.

Quote from: darkpaladin109
Die.
Suddenly, a yelp is heard from down the hallway, and Doktorr is never seen again.

((You all had a chance to think of a more interesting death to suggest... don't blame it on me, I'm not some magically creative writer who can imagine everything. Besides, for not even responding to my PM despite being active, he deserves this kind of death anyway))

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #228 on: July 04, 2014, 05:10:10 am »

Find Ashley,seize the security card.

If I find another one then I'll give it back.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2014, 08:30:30 am »

There is no better weapon than my maw!

Search for enemies to devour. Run around the ruins randomly to do this.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2014, 09:39:59 am »

See if there's any sort of backpack around that I can pick up
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 04, 2014, 01:05:56 pm »

1: Ruins?

2: There are those enemies in Sub-section E.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2014, 01:18:59 pm »

Attempt to break the glass of the vending machines with my mantis scythe-like appendages.
"Might as well test out the limits of these things..."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2014, 01:32:33 pm »

Rooms. And I was hoping there'd be new enemies somewhere in here. O.o
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2014, 02:51:19 pm »

Carefully scout the world outside. Firstly listen, then take a look.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 04, 2014, 03:46:39 pm »

Also, Harry, Scrap, you both suck. Why did you both randomly disappear and not even bother to mention anything on this thread? That's rude, you know.
(I am sorry for my rudeness.)
Give card, to the Gene Manipulation Room
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2014, 05:46:27 pm »

Rooms. And I was hoping there'd be new enemies somewhere in here. O.o
I've been implying it and even nearly directly stating it in Wade's introduction: He was the last one into this Sub-section from the Section C Primary in the short window between the evacuation around turn 5, and the door to it closing, so nobody came in after him. Even further, Sarrak didn't see anyone either and he ran back before Wade did. That means the only potential enemies in this Sub-section would be enemies that were here before the infection even started, or some enemy that was either invisible or lightning fast (which would be both unusual and cruel for me to put in at this stage in the game).

It should be pretty easy to guess that, due to the lack of bodies or security guards or casings from bullets or... blood, there are no enemies here from before the infection. So we can effectively come to the conclusion that there are no enemies here.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:49:07 pm by Tarran »

blazing glory

« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2014, 07:04:59 pm »

Head back to the section exit to section primary.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 07, 2014, 03:38:36 pm »

((Also, I hope you don't mind me slightly retconning your last turn for the sake of introducing a new player. I didn't have getting rid of Dark in mind when I wrote it, and I need a good way to introduce the newbie. Retcon: The camera for the Panic room was out-of order))

(Whatever works for you)

Wade looks down at his "feet" 

"Those look sharp."

Test the sharpness of new feet-claws.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 08, 2014, 09:06:43 pm »

Turn 16: Laws of averages were almost defied in the making of this turn. Someone also looses their head. Literally.

[17]: You run around viciously looking for enemies.

Glancing by all the rooms, you quickly come to the conclusion that there are no enemies in this Sub-section.

You did get to scare the hell out of pretty much all your party members with your back, though.

In addition, I remembered something: Some Strains are supposed to wound on mutation. So, I've hurt you for this turn. And regenerated slightly.

See if there's any sort of backpack around that I can pick up
[20!]: Why, yes, there is most certainly a backpack here. A very large and bulky one. Of course, there is still a limit on how much could feasibly be put in it, but it's certainly far more capable of carrying everything than your two hands.

Also, you notice Elsa's head disappear completely and be replaced with a transparent, gelatinous material. That's not creepy at all. Nope. Totally normal.

Gained Items:
Large Backpack.

Attempt to break the glass of the vending machines with my mantis scythe-like appendages.
"Might as well test out the limits of these things..."
[16]: Well, it takes a fair bit of swiping with the forelegs before anything happens. The "glass" turns out to be impact-resistant acrylic glass or something similar designed to resist people trying to loot vending machines, which makes it an extreme effort to break the "glass". You do eventually manage to partially shatter the acrylic glass on one of the vending machines, but you are too tired to take out the glass on the other.

Perhaps you should instead test on things similar in composition to what you might actually be facing.

Carefully scout the world outside. Firstly listen, then take a look.
[17]: You carefully scout the world outside. Listening, then taking a look.

You notice a woman with disgusting tentacles sticking out of her back and a surgical mask over her mouth running around. Elsewhere, something is bashing the vending machines in the break room. There is a terrible screeching sound coming from the Section Exit to Section C Primary. Finally, somebody that looks like a lizardman but with much larger legs stomps by to the Section Exit to Section C Primary in a self-conscious sort of way.

...Uh, huh. Right.

(I am sorry for my rudeness.)
Give card, to the Gene Manipulation Room
[14]: You give the card away to Starn and then go into the Gene Manipulation Room.

The room is what looks like a standard research room, though the equipment is geared towards a different task than most. There are also a couple very high-tech devices in the room. As I am not a scientist, I'll leave what exists in the room up to your imagination, however there is almost nothing that will help you.

And before you ask, no, you can't use the room to manipulate your body parts. This is gene manipulation, not body transformation, it will manipulate new or small organisms, but it will barely effect existing organisms. In addition, most characters would have no idea what they're doing. Your character is one of those.

Find Ashley,seize the security card.

If I find another one then I'll give it back.
Head back to the section exit to section primary.
((Please don't give two actions in two different posts))
[16]: You grab the card from Ashley and head back to the Section Exit to Section C Primary.

I don't think I can fully describe the result of your actions further. Unfortunately my brain isn't capable of imagining it. Or maybe you didn't have a very exciting action. Ah, probably the latter, but not your fault. I'm just writing here so you feel like I put more effort into your turn than I actually am, ain't I nice? Or maybe I'm a jerk. I donno.

(Whatever works for you)

Wade looks down at his "feet" 

"Those look sharp."

Test the sharpness of new feet-claws.
[3]: You test the sharpness of your claws on the metal walls of where you are, seeing nothing else here.

You cause horrible screeching sounds as you try to damage the walls, but in the end you don't even leave a scratch.

Quote from: Harry Baldman
I do not post turn but I must mutate.
Suddenly, you go blind as your eyes disappear. You lose all sense of smell, as your nose also goes. And you probably won't be tasting anything, as your mouth goes too.

Yet, somehow, you are left with some sort of "sense" of where you are and what is around you. Somehow, you can "vibrate" to still be able to talk. Somehow, you can still think clearly despite your brain probably not being there. This is beyond odd, you must say.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35