Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174175 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2014, 08:42:18 pm »

((Now I'm curious if we're missing a vest because we've got one more person than we should, or if there's another sneaky operative wearing one over their better armor.))

Grab vest, riot shield, two flashbangs.

"Anyone blazing in with me?"
"Remember the plan, now..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2014, 08:44:49 pm »

"Partner?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2014, 08:47:32 pm »

"You didn't give her a partner. There's 11 of us. She can come with us, if she wants. Or go with Pancaek, maybe."

((A breakdown of where the gear went is all on the wiki page.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2014, 08:48:23 pm »

Jack meets up with Lerman, "Hey there, I'm Jack.  If you need someone used to conventional weapons, I'm your man.  I've been training up for a bit now.  Just don't ask me to negotiate with someone.  Do you want to ask the staff some questions?"
Follow Lerman if he goes anywhere.  Look carefully at everyone in the bar, do I have a bad feeling about any of them?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:54:01 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2014, 08:51:17 pm »

"Partner?"
"Oh, right. Forgot about you. I guess you can go with any team you want, but I'm heading to the roof and Pancaek's likely to be handling anything serious. I can carry you, but I wouldn't recommend it. None of the other teams are very melee-oriented, but it's your call."

((A breakdown of where the gear went is all on the wiki page.))
((Excellent. See, this is why we overlook all of the dead hookers and graft.

Also I cannot believe, with everyone grabbing at least two flashbangs, that we actually have spares.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2014, 06:30:16 am »

"Aye, chief. I'll just go and scout a bit on my own then. Keep in touch now, you hear?"

As he turns around he sees D'usse coming out of the APC, not wearing a vest.

"Yo D'usse, catch." He throws his bulletproof vest gently at D'usse.

Give bulletproof vest to D'usse (TCM). Go around the back of the building, scan the outside with cameyes, switching vision modes periodically. If I don't see anything really disturbing, see if I can find a way inside that does not pass through the diner. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2014, 09:54:50 am »

((I imagine the team nonchalantly getting out of the APC, spacesuit wearing or statue-like beings armed and armoured to the teeth, alien death weapons and shotguns in hand, surrounding the building while chatting idly like nothing is going on. Any civilian watching might think we're shooting some kind of movie.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2014, 09:59:36 am »

((That's... actually a really good cover.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2014, 06:28:32 pm »

"Alright, everyone out who's getting out.

Morul, you're with Yttra. Give her a chance to use that tranq pistol, eh?

Hasala, you're with Konrad. Konrad, you may wish to stop chewing on your laser rifle. You may even wish to never use your laser rifle. Sometimes we just have to embrace our limitations, and then either hide in a corner and squeak by while being useless or performing relatively menial tasks while better-suited people take care of the more obvious problems.

Taddok, you're with Kyle. Kyle, you're holding that shotgun backwards. Maybe you should rely sparingly on your amp instead.

Jack, you're with Lerman. If anyone's willing to loan Lerman a weapon that'd be swell. Otherwise I guess we have a pack mule.

Pancaek, you're on your own and loosely in charge on the ground. That satellite dish is making me nervous, so I'm going to hop onto the roof. I'd rather you stay behind as a heavy hitter and cameye for the rest, and I don't want to drag anyone squishy up there with me.

Everyone else, remember the plan. Go in, ask whoever appears to be in charge about their higher power or something. Whatever gets them talking or shooting. Try not to deliberately intimidate or bother the diners; they'll probably go quieter if they think you've got no beef with them in particular and just happen to be making a mess of their dining plans. On the other hand, there's a non-zero chance the diners are cultists or affected somehow, so don't let your guard down completely.

Good luck and don't panic."

Hop up to the rooftops out of sight of the diner if possible, wall-jump the street leading to it otherwise. Once up there, make my way to the hideout and scan the upper floors with infrared and X-ray vision; transmit to the others. Stay out of sight of anyone in the building if possible.
Several stories is a bit much, even for you, so you try to wall jump your way to the roof via a near by alley. You get about half way up before your foot slips and you fall back down, landing on your feet.

"Massen-fracen walls. Should just dig my fingers into the brick."

"Got it. Let's go, Konrad."

Approach the diner. If the shooting starts, take cover and fire at hostiles with goop thrower.

Action from the last two turns that was glossed over:
(Maybe treat one of the turns as preparing a Con bonus for the goop thrower?)

What about the smoke grenades?
The nightstick is just a Strength roll, not an Uncon, right?

Check to make sure the namite thrower is loaded with Stick GoopTM and not namite. That would be bad. Also count how many Sticky GoopTM canisters I have.
I distinctly remember replying to both of those, one telling you to ask the driver in character and the other asking if Miya ever actually finished the goop launcher because I don't remember him ever assembling it. He got it prototyped, but prototype stuff still just gives you the pieces, not the whole. You have to assemble them.

Also, next time, you might want to be a bit more specific then "Approach the diner." Piecewise runs on absolute statements.

You walk straight down the center of the street, space flame thrower in hand, whistling a jaunty tune. You walk straight up to entrance of the diner and then stand there.

"PACK MULE? My Gungnir is a weapon, last time I checked!"

Equip my riot gear. Find a breaching position.
You chase the guy with the flamethrower down the street and take up position right next to him outside the door. He seems to know what he's doing.

"Sure. I'll take point. Just watch where you point that. I know I'm robotic, but it pays to not waste ammo needlessly."

Head around back, and see if there's a back door we can get to. Charge an Exo bonus in case I have to force the door.
You slink around back, through the tight alley behind the building, and find a metal door set into the brickwork. It's a one way door; with no handle on this side.

Taddok taps Kyle on the arm and motions down the street.

"Let's go. Stay out of sight of the windows until boss gives the word or somebody fucks this up."

Move closer to the diner, look for any security cameras/etc. on the exterior of the building. Try to see if windows have bars or metal shutters once I am close enough.

The windows have those extendable metal bars, like venitian blinds that they stretch over the windows at night to prevent anyone from breaking in, but they're open now, and they look  to be manual: You don't think anyone could close them without physically going outside and shutting them.

No cameras, at least none that you can see.

Kyle follows Taddok looking as casual a man in a bullet proof vest holding a riot shield can.
You follow Taddok, being a bit more stealthy then Not at all, like those two guys standing by the front door.

((did i get a vest? If i did Kyle should have it in stead, pretty sure it's redundant with Yttra's longcoat. EDIT: looks like i did))

Give vest to Kyle.

Follow Morul around the back to check for another entrance. Try to notice anything weird or suspicious.

You follow morul around back. You don't see anything odd, but you do feel something weird. You feel some sort of vibration or thumping coming from under the concrete, like a sub-woofer thudding in someone's basement.

Grab vest, riot shield, two flashbangs.

"Anyone blazing in with me?"
Got,except the vest. Don't think there are any of those left.

"Well then Mr. Hasala, let us begin our investigation, I suggest we just act like police investigating upstairs rather than getting everyone to have a dislike of us"
follow hasala have nightstick and riot shield out wearing bullet proof vest
Following, for better or worse.

Jack meets up with Lerman, "Hey there, I'm Jack.  If you need someone used to conventional weapons, I'm your man.  I've been training up for a bit now.  Just don't ask me to negotiate with someone.  Do you want to ask the staff some questions?"
Follow Lerman if he goes anywhere.  Look carefully at everyone in the bar, do I have a bad feeling about any of them?
You walk up to the front door with Lerman.

Well, you have a bad feeling about the lady working the counter because she seems rather surprised and freaked out about the 3 heavily armed men in space suits with riot helmets jauntily balanced on their larger space helmets standing outside her door.

"Aye, chief. I'll just go and scout a bit on my own then. Keep in touch now, you hear?"

As he turns around he sees D'usse coming out of the APC, not wearing a vest.

"Yo D'usse, catch." He throws his bulletproof vest gently at D'usse.

Give bulletproof vest to D'usse (TCM). Go around the back of the building, scan the outside with cameyes, switching vision modes periodically. If I don't see anything really disturbing, see if I can find a way inside that does not pass through the diner. 
Here's the odd thing: The front of the diner is normal. Everyone there looks normal, as far as you can see. Kitchen looks normal too, though it's hard to tell with all the metal and stuff overlapping. They could have machine guns in the crockpots, you're really not sure. No, the odd thing is that the rest of the building, everywhere that isn't those areas, is a fucking black hole. You can see anything, literally every scanning method reveals nothing but a solid black mass. A solid black mass that extends several stories below the surface as well.

The Lady working the register in the diner, as well as the waitress and a few of the customers are now screaming. The lady at the register runs into the kitchen and the waitress hides behind the counter. Several of the more...aggressive looking fellows have left their chairs and are heading for the door to confront Captain Obvious and his sidekicks.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2014, 06:35:28 pm »

"Uuh. Faith, everyone. I just scanned the outside of the building with my cameyes and...eh. Well, it's just a solid black mass. Not a single method of scanning shows anything but solid black. The only thing that's normal is the diner area."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2014, 06:58:41 pm »

((Who wants D'usse? Also, she got a Vest donated to her PW.))

Join whoever wants her and take point with them.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2014, 07:00:18 pm »

Kyle will take her if Tadock doesn't object and no one else wants her.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2014, 07:03:52 pm »

"Uuh. Faith, everyone. I just scanned the outside of the building with my cameyes and...eh. Well, it's just a solid black mass. Not a single method of scanning shows anything but solid black. The only thing that's normal is the diner area."

So we draw whatever's living in fun black zone out of black zone, where we can promptly lase it into oblivion.

Stare down angry guys. Point weapon at them if they're armed.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:10:09 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2014, 07:53:33 pm »

"Hrmm. Diner must just be a diner. Alright. Let's go check out what's behind door number one."

CAREFULLY open the door using my amp. Try to keep the door intact. If I get the door open, and it's still intact, put something small in the doorway to jam it open.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2014, 08:19:45 pm »

"Oh sassafras," Faith mumbled, looking up at the walls. It was such a good plan, too...

"Alright, so they're paranoid or, more likely, alien weirdness. Had a feeling it couldn't be that easy.

Also what did I say about not intimidating the customers?"

She ran to the building at a jog, trying to intercept the toughs at the door.

"Hello!" she called into the diner. "We're here on business, if you catch my drift. No problem with you all, just the people who run this place. Unless you're both in which case we'd like to have a chat with you. The rest of you I'd recommend leave, but hey, not my business. Enjoy your meals if you're not worried about getting caught in anything."

Try to talk down the diner.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 72