Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174122 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2014, 01:11:31 pm »

Do this:
I distinctly remember replying to both of those, one telling you to ask the driver in character and the other asking if Miya ever actually finished the goop launcher because I don't remember him ever assembling it. He got it prototyped, but prototype stuff still just gives you the pieces, not the whole. You have to assemble them.

Also, next time, you might want to be a bit more specific then "Approach the diner." Piecewise runs on absolute statements.

You walk straight down the center of the street, space flame thrower in hand, whistling a jaunty tune. You walk straight up to entrance of the diner and then stand there.

You may have typed the replies, but they weren't actually posted. The last two turns are here and here, and there was no response in either.

And I believe Miyamoto had the original namite thrower modified - the prototype part was just so that the modification would be free. The relevant post is in the spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If some assembly is still required, can I do that retroactively?
Also retroactively ask the driver where the smoke grenades we were promised are.

Wait for my helmet's filters to reset, then shove Lerman off of me and give him a good kick and stand up. Count how many floors there are in the target building, then go look for twist-ties or something else I could use to bind the unconscious diners' hands. If they're wearing belts and I can't find anything else, use those. If they're not wearing belts and there is absolutely nothing in either the diner or the kitchen that could be used to bind their hands, use their shirts.
Once they're tied up, drag them away from the broken windows, behind the counter preferably.

Tell the driver to bring the APC over to the diner.

Check the Venetian blinds on the windows. Can they still be closed? If so, close them.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:36:19 am by swordsmith04 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2014, 01:16:44 pm »

"Well, for what it's worth, the back door is open. Although, with that noise, I have a feeling the front door is just as valid an option now. Anyway, I have two doors back in the kitchen, one looks like it goes up, the other down. Me and squishy here are heading down."

Get over to the hatch, and get it open. If it's locked, look for a key.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2014, 01:30:28 pm »

"What the hell, Lerman?"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2014, 02:58:01 pm »

Explore ground floor of building. If confronted, attack person with nightstick.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2014, 03:44:56 pm »

"... Well, it probably would have been more subtle to just ram the APC in..."
Kyle says watching the scene with a look of near awe.
"Welcome to ARM," Faith said over the comms.

"You and you," she said, pointing at Hasala and Konrad. "Thanks to you and you-like behaviors, we most likely have cops incoming. That means it's your responsibility to deal with them if they do. Ideally, you won't have to because someone more qualified will take care of it. But you broke it, so you're officially on copwatch for it.

Meanwhile, I still don't like that satellite dish. Going rooftop, with a quick stop to a window."

Climb the building properly, like an enraged lizard not afraid to damage the masonry. Look inside a window using various vision modes on the third floor; bash it open and stick my head in if necessary. See if it's still black from the inside.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2014, 03:50:38 pm »

Approuching the diner, pan turns to faith.

"So, that impenetrable blackness goes all the way to the top, and extends below the building. Where would you like me to go first, up? or down?"

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2014, 03:53:07 pm »

Stare harder buddy, maybe you'll intimidate the door into opening, Yttra thinks sarcastically to herself.

@Team "We're at the back of the building. There's a one-way door here. Keeping watch."

@Morul "Hey… do you, uhh, do you feel that?" Yttra says, a little nervously.

Point tranq pistol at door. Keep slightly well away from crazy teammate who's staring at the door like he's gonna blow it up with his mind. If anyone comes thru the door and tries to escape, shoot them with the pistol.
The light and Sound filters on your helmet trigger as the flashbang goes off, leaving you temporarily blind and deaf as they reset. Well, at least these only take a few seconds, not like the restaurant patrons who are gonna be blind for the next ten minutes.
((seeing as Yttra was looking at the back door and there was a building in between her and the flashbang i'm just gonna assume she's fine?))

Yttra watches her teammate telekinetically open the door with zero craziness, zero explosions and perfect effectiveness. Well how about that.

@Morul "Huh. Wow. Nice one. Wow. Neat."

Enter via now-opened back door. Cover Morul, shooting anyone who attacks him (or me) with the pistol. Scope out the kitchen to see who's in here with us. Say to them:
@Kitchen Staff "We don't have any business with you, keep out of the way and you won't get hurt."
and, after listening to the screams in the diner, add: "And if ya wanna just scram out the back door here, which i would 100% recommend, now's the time.".

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2014, 04:17:09 pm »

"What? I told you I was good at this."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »

Approuching the diner, pan turns to faith.

"So, that impenetrable blackness goes all the way to the top, and extends below the building. Where would you like me to go first, up? or down?"
"Your call. Morul's rushing downstairs, I want to know what that satellite's transmitting or receiving, the artifact's most likely downstairs... plus we may have trouble from the outside, so you might be needed back at ground level at some point. And all of this is assuming none of us go insane or get trapped in a pocket dimension.

Really, your call. You've got the hardware to do pretty much anything, I'd think."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2014, 04:42:33 pm »

"What? I told you I was good at this."
"Yeah, like how you told me your goggles ate your memories." Yttra scoffs, aiming for ‘playful’ and hitting ‘kind of insulting actually’.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2014, 07:28:36 pm »

"I haven't had this much fun in ages"
start exploring for a way up to the next floor, wait for allies meatshields before progressing to next floor
NEXT POST PW
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:42:44 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2014, 07:31:54 pm »

((yeeeep, still the butt monkey))

Lerman retreats mentally from the verbal and physical assault.

"I-I was trying to help... I got civvies out, right?"

Mope. Go sit in the APC's turret and be depressed. If Faith can't get to the radio dish, see if I can't shoot it into little pieces.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:27:22 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2014, 07:36:54 pm »

"I haven't had this much fun in ages"
start exploring for a way up to the next floor, wait for allies meatshields before progressing to next floor

"We've been ordered to stay down here to watch for the police, Konrad."

"...I suppose. That wasn't the best way to handle that situation, though. Try to pay attention to what your teammates are doing, and think about whether what you're doing would actually help, next time."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:40:04 pm by swordsmith04 »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2014, 07:52:45 pm »

Kyle follows anyone who isn't going through restaurant. Upstairs preferably.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2014, 07:54:04 pm »

"We've been ordered to stay down here to watch for the police, Konrad."
"You don't HAVE to stand right here waiting for them, but they're your responsibility now. If they steal our APC and start cordoning off the area, I'll be looking at you two."

She did a double take.

"I meant Hasala and Lerman, not Hasala and Konrad. Got confused because Konrad was beating incapacitated civilians unconscious at the time. Easy mistake to make."

((yeeeep, still the butt monkey))

Lerman retreats mentally from the verbal assault.

Mope. Follow teammate around, Gungnir ready to shoot crazy cultists.
"Yes, but you got them out in a blind panic, and half of them are plain blind and still in, and there was an explosion.

That's not great."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72