Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 173644 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #315 on: June 13, 2014, 05:32:29 pm »

"Burnout amp? From the sound of it, I'd wager that it fries your brain when activated? And I'd hold off on tossing that down there until we've had a better look. Someone with Cameyes wanna gaze into an abyss?"
"I'm guessing it's the same void we've been staring at, and thus isn't going to get any clearer with the hatch off."

Faith held out an arm to let Konrad know to hold up a minute.

"Um... hello! My name is Faith. Might I ask who you are?"

Threaten to molest their children Diplomacy! Wrestle them into submission if they attack.

Also make sure everyone else who wants it is getting a video feed of this.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 13, 2014, 05:52:28 pm »

"Hey, Faith, did that key work?"

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 13, 2014, 06:12:34 pm »

Yttra doesn't find a medkit. She does find some strange pills, but having no idea what they do leaves them alone. Only one thing she can do, really.

Use med bonus to stuff Kyle's guts back inside and tie the dead chef's clothes around Kyle's midsection to try to make sure the guts stay inside.

@Taddock: "Uhh. Hang on. Umm. Kinda… guts… urgh." Then as an afterthought: "He didn't have any splints or anything. Wanna look for something that might work?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 13, 2014, 06:29:18 pm »

"Uh, it did. You can... I'm a little busy right now, but if you don't mind three people who are a little odd and one of them's missing a head and they don't take offense to me handing you the key..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 13, 2014, 06:37:15 pm »

"Uh, it did. You can... I'm a little busy right now, but if you don't mind three people who are a little odd and one of them's missing a head and they don't take offense to me handing you the key..."
"Oh dear, sounds like you've got quite the party going there. I'll come down and help keep our partygoers calm and docile."

clamber back down from the roof, go to where Faith is. Should anyone grab a weapon/attack Faith/me, gives them a nice pulse of force to the chest with my mass amp

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2014, 10:30:32 am »

No, take hostages to another building, then take everyone in building number two hostage as well. Mainly, move everyone to another building.

@ piecewise: in case this still isn't clear, with 'hostages' he means the civilians in the diner, who are tied up and who survived the apc onslaught. He wants to transport them away from the diner.
Alright, There are several buildings around here you could try to take over, but which one you want to take depends on how hard of a time you want to have and how many hostages you want to try and take in the new building. Ie, do you want to try to take one of the tenement houses on your own? An single story store? Do you want to try and take it with all these hostages in tow? Do you want to wake up the unconscious hostages, since they are, right now, still passed out on the floor with their hands bound. Or do you want to run over and take the building then move the people to it? In general, what kind of building do you want to take and how do you want to take it? Since I assume you have some sort of plan to go along with this action and, depending on how you carry out this action, it determines which rolls I gotta do. I would ask you in PM but you're not around right now, so we'll act as though this action took place this turn, if the roof falls in and would otherwise crush the hostages next turn.

"Okay, that's pretty weird.  I've found a void here at the basement.  Total darkness, I'm going to test if I can hear from it."
Find a large piece of debris and toss it down the steps.  Pay attention to when I can't hear it anymore.  Wait for someone to look into the abyss.
Afraid it's gonna look back up at you?

Turn on the APC's radio, try and find the police channel. Check if driver man is still there. Keep checking for cops.
The driver is still there, looking a bit too non-chalant for whats going on. You click on the radio and scan through it, but an ordinary radio isn't the same thing as a police scanner. You can't find their signal, if they even transmit via radio.

"Burnout amp? From the sound of it, I'd wager that it fries your brain when activated? And I'd hold off on tossing that down there until we've had a better look. Someone with Cameyes wanna gaze into an abyss?"

Take a peek into the abyss, and turn on my headlamps. If I still see nothing, turn them off, and look with the light amplification mode.

>Sort of. Burnout amps are more powerful and easier to use then normal amps but they actively damage brain tissue through use. They're rarely used, as such, and I don't believe they've even been produced for centuries.

You look down into the darkness. You notice something weird: the unnatural dark which envelops the ladder has a hard boundary, like the ladder is dropping down into a pool of oil or through a black curtain. The dark leading up to this boundry is easily penetrated by your lamps, revealing a rough-hewn shaft carved into the concrete of the foundation. Wherever this shaft leads, it wasn't put there by the city or the builders; this was made later, probably by the people who own this building.

Yttra doesn't find a medkit. She does find some strange pills, but having no idea what they do leaves them alone. Only one thing she can do, really.

Use med bonus to stuff Kyle's guts back inside and tie the dead chef's clothes around Kyle's midsection to try to make sure the guts stay inside.

@Taddock: "Uhh. Hang on. Umm. Kinda… guts… urgh." Then as an afterthought: "He didn't have any splints or anything. Wanna look for something that might work?"
You squish his guts back in as best you can, making sure not to cause any undo harm, and bandage him up using a combination of plastic wrap, duct tape and strips of fabric from the cook's clothing. He's gonna have all kinds of sepsis from having his guts just laying on a dirty kitchen floor, but you hope the team won't be around long enough for that to be a problem.   

"Umm... "
if one of them is slightly away from the others shield charge and lay the beatdown, if the one that is stirring is much further away then perform shield charge and lay beatdown
"I'm guessing it's the same void we've been staring at, and thus isn't going to get any clearer with the hatch off."

Faith held out an arm to let Konrad know to hold up a minute.

"Um... hello! My name is Faith. Might I ask who you are?"

Threaten to molest their children Diplomacy! Wrestle them into submission if they attack.

Also make sure everyone else who wants it is getting a video feed of this.

Faith gets out all of maybe 4 words, the bog standard "Hold on, we're not-", before the trio charges. The Woman charges Konrad and the man with the pattern on his arm bumrushes faith while the headless man runs off in the opposite direction, through one of the dividing sheets and off toward someplace unknown. Konrad raises his shield and charges straight at the woman, who jerks both her arms forward, apparently freeing herself from whatever was holding them back. She reaches out toward the shield as she runs and, as the two come together, her hands pass straight through the shield. Konrad sees it happen but only barely has time to evade, jerking his head and chest out of the way, but not his left arm. Her fingers pass straight through into his shoulder and her entire arm vanishes the instant it touches his flesh.

The man charging faith swings his arm in an arc, as though delivering a powerful backhand slap to her from 20 feet away. Faith, almost unconsciously, drops down as a matching lattice of deep cuts appears all along the walls and pillars in the direction the man just swung.

"Oh dear, sounds like you've got quite the party going there. I'll come down and help keep our partygoers calm and docile."

clamber back down from the roof, go to where Faith is. Should anyone grab a weapon/attack Faith/me, gives them a nice pulse of force to the chest with my mass amp

You jump back down to the ground floor and get up to the half open door to the second floor just in time to see it get sliced into a couple dozen neat, square pieces.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 15, 2014, 02:33:44 pm »

Change radio to music. Bolt out of the APC, grab my shield, then run back into the APC.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 15, 2014, 02:41:32 pm »

Alright. First one-story building across the street, whatever it is. Run over there, bust down the door, fire shotgun into ceiling. Command everyone to get down, anyone who doesn't comply has their jaw introduced to the shotgun's butt. Take everyone in this building hostage. This'll be phase one of the plan.

"I'm moving. Get the hostages back in the restaurant ready for movement, leave the unconscious ones here."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2014, 06:08:12 pm »

Hustle upstairs. If there's trouble take the best shot I have with the shotgun.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 15, 2014, 06:17:29 pm »

Yttra examines her gut patchup job.

Huh. That kinda worked? I'm a *&^%ing nurse. Ha!

@Team: "Hey. Umm, anyone wanna help move these two back to the APC?" she says to the team in general, completely ignorant of the fight going on upstairs and the abyssal blackness problem downstairs.

She then looks at Taddok, flopping his arm up and down in front of her like some sort of wet noodle, and almost throws up again.

@Taddok: "*&^% doesn't that *&^%ing hurt!?"

*&^%, don't gotta be a nurse to know that $#@! ain't good.

Take spare plastic wrap and any remaining strips of chef's clothing. Go get some zipties. See if i can find something that could be used as a makeshift splint. Think about how i could apply these to Taddok's arm to make it less floppy (charge med bonus).

If there's room for another minor action, briefly check how dead Hasala is on the way past.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:36:14 pm by yobbo »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 15, 2014, 07:10:13 pm »

((I'm gonna get a splint made out of saran wrap and a soup ladle. We are super prepared.))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2014, 07:18:02 pm »

((Nek minute I fail my will roll again and start blowing more holes in people))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 15, 2014, 08:24:26 pm »

"Right, I'm going in. Whatever happens next, do not follow me, under any circumstance. In fact, shut the trap behind me, and if anything come out of the trap, get ready to shoot it, even if it looks like me. You got all that?"

Enter the abyss. Make sure they close the trapdoor behind me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 15, 2014, 10:08:59 pm »

"I don't like it, but I'll follow those orders."
Close the hatch after him.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2014, 10:16:21 pm »

"Good. Remember don't open it for any reason, and keep a gun on whatever comes out, especially if It looks like me. "
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 72