Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174116 times)

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2014, 11:04:03 pm »

((well we only got the gear later and there were only four shotguns. Anyway, action updated. Yttra doesn't need or want hers, and funnily enough agrees with the hostage taking))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 18, 2014, 06:45:54 am »

"Right, Faith, I'll try and see about the guy in the sheets."

Pan begins scanning around, tapping the nightstick against the wall.

"Headless man, come out to pla~ay"

Scan through the sheets with cameyes. If I see anyone that is not Faith, me or Konrad, heat 1 foot sphere by 150 degrees in center mass. If this proves effective, keep heating such spheres in different parts of their body until they are dead. If they seem resistant to this, pull them apart with mass amp. Be sure to remember to dodge if they should get too close

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 18, 2014, 04:25:20 pm »

"HELP! HELP! I'M BEING PSYCHICALLY REPRESSED!"
become un repressed
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #348 on: June 19, 2014, 12:04:23 pm »

Situation...normal?

Go back downstairs to get amazing wooden spoon arm splint.
You spin on your heel, ignoring anything that might be happening in the second story room and walk back down stairs to get your arm fixed.

((D'usse doesn't have a shotgun, at the moment.))
((let's say she borrowed Yttra's, she's busy playing nurse anyway))

Use med bonus to splint Taddok's arm with the wooden spoon, zipties, plastic wrap and cloth if necessary.

If for whatever reason that doesn't work, just tie his arm to his body in a crude sling made of ripped clothes and plastic wrap.

(also retroactively have given D'usse my shotgun for hostage-taking purposes)
You carefully affix the spoon and zipties to his arm, resetting the bone so that the splint will hold it in place. That done, you make a sling for his arm out of some fabric and tie it around his neck. That should do for now.

'Alright, can you guys hear me? I'm in some sort of drainage tunnel, or maybe a sewer. Got a bend in the tunnel about thirty meters in front of me."

Check behind me, then slowly advance down the tunnel, and peer around the corner.
The walkway doesn't extend behind you; all you see back there is ordinary sewer tunnel and the occasional vermin. Thus assured you're not about to be stabbed in the spine, you head forward, along the creaking walkway, until you reach the corner and peek around. This appears to be a side tunnel of sorts, an offshoot or tributary to this main branch. The smaller tunnel has only a thin stream of water flowing along its very nadir. The stream comes from a grate, which is set into newer looking brickwork wall, just below a large metal door, which is embedded near the center of the wall, several feet up from the ground. The walkway leads to that door, and two men are standing guard outside it.

Figure out how to best fire the shotgun with one arm, (Con bonus).  If I can hear Morul say the following,  "Yeah, I hear you."
The con bonus we can do, but you can't hear morul.

Engage in epic change radio station battle. Keep eyes open for cops.

"...Can I come out yet?"
You spend several minutes arguing with a man who barely speaks your language about which station to listen to, all the while changing the station only to have him change it back. He remains surprisingly passive amongst all this, staring out the window, changing the station without looking, and muttering about how Neo-slushnoir music is better then your Classic Punkmonk.

D'usse snorts the blood back into her nose. "ALRIGHT! ALLONS!"

Restrain everyone in the little bonds building, keep the shotgun propped up in case they start acting funny. Afterwards, run back to the restaurant, and move all of the conscious restaurant hostages at gunpoint over to the Bonds building.

"Ayyo' team, I've secured the bonds building. Everyone busy?"

((D'usse doesn't have a shotgun, at the moment.))

((I think I cleared that up before. Maybe the wiki's not updated?))
You quickly restrain everyone in the building and toss them into a corner along with the waitresses from the diner.

"Now, lets all be good, cooperative little friend peoples so I don't have to use buck shot to clear your fucking sinuses, nyaan~. Because I will not hesitate to make any and or all of you into the subject of a candle light vigil and a closed casket funeral. Ya catch my drift? Ya huff my catnip, felineophiles? Ya grok what I talk? Goooood~."

((PW writing about gangster catgirls is the best thing ever. I demand a new forum game.))

Faith looked wildly around her for a moment, trying to figure out what had just happened, before remembering Headless.

"Craaaaaaaap, headless psychic and bodysnatcher! Third one's in the sheets somewhere!"

Scurry at Konrad using just my arms (you know, like a native of this building), then pry his rifle out of his hands.
You attempt to crawl over toward Konrad on just your hands. You do a pretty good job of it, all things considered, but he's faster at aiming then you are at scuttling. You manage to throw yourself out of the way as he sweeps a beam towards you, burning a black gap straight through the floor as it passes.

"Right, Faith, I'll try and see about the guy in the sheets."

Pan begins scanning around, tapping the nightstick against the wall.

"Headless man, come out to pla~ay"

Scan through the sheets with cameyes. If I see anyone that is not Faith, me or Konrad, heat 1 foot sphere by 150 degrees in center mass. If this proves effective, keep heating such spheres in different parts of their body until they are dead. If they seem resistant to this, pull them apart with mass amp. Be sure to remember to dodge if they should get too close
You scan around with your cam eyes but that fucking darkness is here too. This entire area is nothing but black. It's not natural, and it's very annoying.

"HELP! HELP! I'M BEING PSYCHICALLY REPRESSED!"
become un repressed
You can scream, but you can seem to do anything else. You have no practical control over your body.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 19, 2014, 12:29:04 pm »

"Fethin' hell, Faith, the entire room is also pure black, I can't see jack shit in here. Do you think there's any chance we can get Steve to just glass the entire planet? Because this is getting pretty annoyi-"

Pan sees Faith on the ground with Konrad still pointing the gun

"New blood, you better put that fething weapon down right now before I tear your goddamned arms off. I've had enough annoyances for one day."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:55 pm »

Peep head through the turret. What the shit is going on outside?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 19, 2014, 03:49:22 pm »

"You still there? Shit. Tunnel must block the signal, or whatever that void was. Guess I'm on my own."

Did I notice anything strange about the men, or am I too distant to make out much detail? Can I get under the walkway, and would it be enough to keep the two men from seeing me? If yes to those questions, carefully get off and under the walkway, and slowly move closer to the two men, trying to stay quiet. If not, spend this turn charging an exo bonus.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 19, 2014, 04:39:29 pm »

"Awww I was gonna return that...."
consider if laser rifle can still be sold back for 2 considering that I didn't use it kinda
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 19, 2014, 04:48:18 pm »

"Return that? Boy, are you talking about reselling that laser rifle when you just tried to kill your commanding officer? Put, the gun, down."

Pan glares at konrad, as much as someone with syntheyes can glare

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 19, 2014, 04:50:04 pm »

consider if laser rifle can still be sold back for 2 considering that I didn't use it kinda

((The gun has been used. The user doesn't matter. Also, nice priorities. :P ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 19, 2014, 04:59:03 pm »

((The gun has been used. The user doesn't matter. Also, nice priorities. :P ))
(("STEVE! Steve, we're under heavy fire, request immediate assistance! IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE!"
"Hey Steve? Really need some help here. Yeah I'm kind of shredding my team, but I had intended to resell this weapon as unused, so is there any way I could do that?"))

"Fethin' hell, Faith, the entire room is also pure black, I can't see jack shit in here. Do you think there's any chance we can get Steve to just glass the entire planet? Because this is getting pretty annoyi-"

Pan sees Faith on the ground with Konrad still pointing the gun

"New blood, you better put that fething weapon down right now before I tear your goddamned arms off. I've had enough annoyances for one day."
"S'what they pay us for, and he's possessed!"

Kinetic amp air punch Konrad, aiming to disorient or disable.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 19, 2014, 05:07:12 pm »

"possesed? What kind of occult hellhole did we just enter? Ah well, what do you want me to do with him, decapitate?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 19, 2014, 05:15:54 pm »

Move the tables to barricade the front door and any other exits. Also reinforce the barricades with random miscellaneous crap lying around: Chairs, Shelves, Plants, Lamps, Boxes, Vending Machines, etc. Close and lock all of the windows. Strip the hostages, take anything useful such as money, wallets, phones, identity, weaponry, jewelry, electronic devices and so forth.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 19, 2014, 05:39:16 pm »

"possesed? What kind of occult hellhole did we just enter? Ah well, what do you want me to do with him, decapitate?"

"I can still hear you perfectly fine jackass"

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 19, 2014, 05:46:06 pm »

Yttra finishes off her splinting job and immediately turns to begin dragging bodies to the APC. It's good to have something to focus on. Something other than the immense soul-crushing doom of whatever her life has become. Pushing guts back into bodies is rainbows and candy compared to thinking about what's going on.

She notices that Hasala had a shotgun, and moves to take that to replace the one she gave to D'usse, when she finds his goop thrower.

@Hasala who is dead: "Huh. I guess you didn't just spray it everywhere after all."

She's glad she can't see his face thru his helmet. This way she can kind of pretend he's just sleeping.

@Hasala who is dead: "I'm borrowing this."

Politely ask the driver to back the APC up to the entrance.

Drag Hasala and Kyle to the APC and strap them in.

"Borrow" Hasala's goop thrower, and also the spray bottle handily labeled "GOOP DISSOLVANT". And the flashbangs and artifact containers too. Why not.

If there are any civilians left in the diner, drag them across to the hostage building. Otherwise just go to the kitchen and stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72