Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174144 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #510 on: July 16, 2014, 11:37:42 am »

Take one Hostage out of the closet area, sit on his/her back, pinning them to the floor, shotgun barrel pressed against the top of their spine.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 16, 2014, 03:05:54 pm »

"Ha! Jokes on you! I don't have any meat limbs!"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 16, 2014, 03:15:09 pm »

"Ha! Jokes on you! I don't have any meat limbs!"
"...I will, very calmly and patiently, remind you that we are on a mission and that you are supposed to do your job. You've already pretty much single-handedly fucked up this mission. So I will give you, very generously, about one minute to let this sink through your thick skull; Get off of the turret or I squish your brain."

"We can't just kill a teammate, can we?"
"I don't know man, he has been shooting our forces just as much, if not more, than our enemies. Doesn't that make him an enemy as well?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 16, 2014, 07:16:42 pm »

Lerman is holding the cutting torch on a low-heat setting near his robot arm and the turret.

"Do you mind? You're interrupting a very complex procedure."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #514 on: July 17, 2014, 12:16:10 pm »

Wiggle on the turret excitedly.
Hey now, this is a family show.

"hope this works for us."
Wait, maintain bonus.
You stay hunkered down in the door way, weapon at the ready.

"I said off the turret"
if lerman doesn't get off of the turret use extreme prejudice (possibly a exoskeleton boosted baton nut shot)

Swot this interloper! Weld my hands on the turret!
"I said off the turret"
if lerman doesn't get off of the turret use extreme prejudice (possibly a exoskeleton boosted baton nut shot)
You both tangle up, fighting in a depressingly underwhelming fashion and end up rolling off the top of the APC and falling down behind it.

Yttra just sort of ambles off and climbs the stairs, for no apparent reason.

Go back up to the second floor. Look around. Check if the door to the third floor looks locked. Try to guess how long Morul has left before he dies of chestworms.
The door to the third floor is indeed locked.

Hard to say, probably not terribly long till they get into his brain case at this rate.

Pan scans around the street, trying to stay all zen

"Man, I've got to keep real calm now, gotta get some brain juice back for when these police guys inevitibly open fire on us."
"So, you shouldn't try to work yourself up over something? Get angry?"
"No no, like, zen, man."
"Guess what?"
"what?"
"He's on the turret again"

"Lerman I swear to any god Lars can come up with, if you don't get off of that goddamned turret I will make your life a living hell with a lot of missing limbs. I'm tired of your shit, son."

Stay zen, gauge brain juice. Watch how Morul does, scan police people with cameye settings while we wait

The police people are repleat with metal armor plating and weapons according to your cam eyes, but they are flesh and blood as well. Human, save for the occasional prosthesis and surgical pins.

"Greetings officers. Let's settle this peaceably. Now, I'd like to talk to the person in charge here."

Maintain the bonus.

Morul's body shakes violently and then straightens up a moment later.

"Time to die, is it?"

His head twitches to the side, and half of his upper body tears away; his infected arm and chest clatters across the ground and lands  near the diner window.  His body sags heavily to one side, lacking the muscles to stay straight, and his head sweeps about randomly, looking for something. Finally it stops, looking up at the second story windows of the diner building.

"There you are Anne. Let me help you."

He jerks his head upward so violently it looks like he's going to topple over backwards. He stumbles for a moment, then regains his balance.

"Come to me."

The second floor window explodes  outward and a flash of white screams down onto the pavement, spraying brick and glass across the street.  The police sweep their weapons about, screaming for everyone to get down. As the dust of powdered brick and blacktop clears  the hulking form of faith, club in one hand, the other arm slung protectively over Morul's body, her head leaning over his shoulder, teeth bared, comes into focus. One of her bonds is still clinging to her wrist, cleanly sliced in half.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 17, 2014, 02:53:34 pm »

((OH FUCK. Welp, time to see if I can take passengers.))

Fight the mind control, and if I break it, grab Faith, and press the button on my voidsuit. If it doesn't work, use my amp to rip Faith's limbs off. Hope I don't overload my amp.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 17, 2014, 03:20:13 pm »

Kill it! Kill it with turret! Cover retreat!

"This is why I get to sit on the turret."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:15:28 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 17, 2014, 03:34:11 pm »

If I'm still conscious, try to negotiate with Anne. We can be reasonable about this. We can totally be reasonable about this.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 17, 2014, 03:39:37 pm »

Somehow I can tell the driver to get us out of here.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 17, 2014, 06:10:42 pm »

@Pancaek: "So Boss, ready to run yet?"

$#@! he's got no legs! $#@! i didn't mean that! $#@!!!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 17, 2014, 07:08:59 pm »

We're so fucked. We need to leave!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 17, 2014, 09:12:44 pm »

"Why can't I catch a break."
Continue cowering and maintaining Con bonus.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 18, 2014, 05:04:44 pm »

No response… yeah that just about sums up the situation.

Yttra sits down on one of the disarrayed beds, holds up her inherited gun and turns it over, looking at it from every angle.

I wonder if it's safer here than in the APC. That's probably gonna be the first target. There was some sort of crazy shield on this room. All the $#@! that went on here didn't even touch the kitchen or diner, and this room is pretty *&^%ed up. Jayne and statuette both couldn't get past it when they tried to come in from the outside. Normal bullets would probably just bounce off.

She rests the repurposed flamethrower on her lap, and looks down at her hands and legs. The suit she's wearing covers everything. It's almost like you could open it up and there wouldn't be anything there. Just a hollow empty space where normally there would be hands and legs.

Why do i feel so *&^%ing calm.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 18, 2014, 11:51:21 pm »

"Ugh... shit morul...Okay then everyone I am now leader of this team and we are on the run, I will do my best to get us out of this mess."
Jump back into the apc and get driver to get us as far away as possible without being followed and to try not to attract too much attention doing so, belay counter orders, with violence if truly necessary, send messages to steve, pancaek and D'usse

Kill it! Kill it with turret!

"This is why I get to sit on the turret."

"LERMAN GODS HELP ME WE DO NOT NEED TO ATTRACT ATTENTION RIGHT NOW! GET OFF THAT TURRET"

Quote from: @Steve
Currently fleeing, need support, Faith and Morul possessed, taken command of APC and evacuating as much of team as possible. Pancaek and D'usse need evacuation. Also shock lerman if he doesn't get off the turret within the next few seconds or attempts to fire. he is posing a serious threat to the survival of everyone in this APC.

Quote from: @Pancaek
Taken APC and moving majority of team away from problems, requested assistance from steve. Suggest working with D'usse
Try to stay alive.
-Konrad

Quote from: @D'usse
Taken APC and moving majority of team away from problems, requested assistance from steve. Suggest working with Pancaek
Try to stay alive.
-Konrad

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:00:06 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 19, 2014, 07:31:20 am »

"So, who do we want to win?"
"Not-faith and not-morul, obviously."
"Really, won't they just come back to finish us off?"
"Hmm, good point. So who do we want to fight most, 15 angry swat people or faith and morul?"
"I'll get back to you on that once our options start sucking less. By the way, people are talking to you."

@Yttra "No. I'm ready to make a retreat, but this place has annoyed me too much to just run away. But a slight tactical retreat seems in order, right now, I reckon."

Quote from: Pancaek->Konrad
Affirmative, try and get everyone out of here alive or mostly in one piece. You have my permission to either ask steve to shock Lerman or use excessive force yourself if he becomes a problem.

Godsspeed.

scuttle back a bit, continue to overlook the standoff. Should someone attack me, defend myself. Should not-Faith and not-morul turn back towards the building, try and scuttle away to where D'usse is without being seen.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72