Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 173636 times)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #705 on: August 02, 2014, 10:18:45 pm »

Team, calm down. We don't need to start a fight within the group right now.

Even if it were bullets, we have to be cautious when we don't know the situation.

I need everyone that can attack from a distance prepared, we don't want any surprises.

((@Tiruin: Feyri is with Team 3.
@Pancaek: I thought that everyone but Renen was thrown away.))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 02, 2014, 11:03:58 pm »

This is getting boring but, defend ze hostages. Gee, I wonder what would happen if I sent this and tempted the almighty Steve.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 03, 2014, 12:13:32 am »

"Oh really, what are you gonna do? Steal my crotchplate?

Im in a goddamn synth-body you idget, penises do not come standard.""

"Hey, be nice to Fey, ya frakking prick"
"Oh bugger off, all i did was point out an error in the threat she made against me whilst attempting to violate my rights to free speech."

well you're not using my head as a goddamn synthdick.
"Seriously? That isnt even physically possible...
For clarification, your head would become a protective holster for my future synthdick, not the dick itself."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:47:07 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 03, 2014, 12:38:20 am »

"Oh bugger off, all i did was point out an error in the threat she made against me whilst attempting to violate my rights to free speech."

well you're not using my head as a goddamn synthdick.
"Seriously? That isnt even physically possible...
For clarification, your penis would become a protective holster for my future synthdick, not the dick itself."

((I think you mean his head, not that other bodypart.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 03, 2014, 12:46:22 am »

((Yeah... editing with my phone causes... issues...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 03, 2014, 12:47:05 am »

((And amusingly disturbing mental images :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 03, 2014, 01:56:26 am »

((A protective dick for your dick? Thanks for the compliment!  :P))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #712 on: August 03, 2014, 06:05:56 am »

This is getting boring but, defend ze hostages. Gee, I wonder what would happen if I sent this and tempted the almighty Steve.
((I DID told you to let them free a few turns back so you could join the rest.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 03, 2014, 09:42:07 am »

Even if it were bullets, we have to be cautious when we don't know the situation.

I need everyone that can attack from a distance prepared, we don't want any surprises.

((we were thrown away, but Pw said that people in synth bodies aren't actually hurt.))

Look towards destroyed door.

If Faith: amp force her hands behind back.

If other hostiles: Heat 1 foot sphere center mass

If none of above: charge will bonus

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #714 on: August 03, 2014, 10:32:35 am »

"Ow." Jack says

Get off of wall. Inform team that I still live.
You get down from the wall.

"I'm good, no problems here. Ow."

Can I assume I spent the last turn getting a dynamic AUX bonus? If yes, set the automapping drone after her. Much less conspicuous.
Else get that dynamic bonus.

Sure, why not. You send your drone after Faith, setting it to follow her from some height and distance, just so it doesn't get blown to hell.

Exit voidspace. Brace self for any mindfuckery that may happen.
You exit voidspace a good 3 feet above the roof and fall on your ass. That is the worst thing that happens to you though.
Quote from: piecewise
Aid projection? Not sure what that means.
o__O Maybe its a technical term somehow...
What it is, is trying to guess the location of a moving object or entity towards the presumed destination, usually an important location, like an exit point or evacuation site.
Hence me trying to recall in order to 'aid projection.'
...To project, as a verb? ._.
Sorry

What was the purpose of the nearby APCs, by the way? What was also the actual objective of the team before us?
<Response via radio/wristpad>

...((I am with Cecil right? And that means I got the reaction of his action?))

Yes

Yttra watches the corridor (thankfully not the one she's in) explode, embedding several teammates into the opposite wall.

Not my problem. Not my problem. Not my problem.

Climb back up to the diner.

As she climbs back up the ladder and thru the strange void-barrier, Yttra is struck by a horrifying epiphany.

$#@! maybe i'm not immune! Maybe i *&^%ing am being mind*&^%ed but he's not *&^%ing controlling me because he thinks it's *&^%ing funny!

In a cold dark senseless void Yttra suddenly begins to understand Steve.
I Like how Yttra keeps being right next to or tangentially involved with all this insanity yet manages to come out basically unscathed and spends most of her time running around trying to get away from one clusterfuck and wandering into another.

You get back up that fucking ladder and back into that fucking diner and away from the bad shit that is about to happen down stairs. You're new to this thing but you've seen no less then...what, 4 catastrophic fuckups in the last hour? You're starting to get the vet's sixth sense that things are about to go wrong.

WHY IS IT ALWAYS TINGLING?! WHY DOES IT NEVER STOP!

>Release the hostages and go help people who matter. I have a distinct feeling they might need bodies soon. Or be bodies soon. Probably both.

"I swear to god if you just broke my shiny new alien murder penis dispenser the second after i got it in its box i will murder you and mount your skull on my crotchplate."

Visually verify integrity of termite gun and its containment box, make sure that shit aint leaking.

Move up towards doorway and if i see an enemy launch a white hot tripwire at kee height with my dynamic manipulator.

(Box is closed and fine)
You see, you can't just go punching things when you know nothing about them. Boss Miya will get angry now. How is the condition of you all?
The ones that have robot parts and can walk come near me. And someone bring Pancaek over here.

Look around. See if the fleshy teammates are dead or not. Then look in the direction of where the door was. See if it's possible to see if there is any movement in that space. If anything appears, enter BT, take the weapon of one of the fallen team mates and get ready to shoot it or cut it with the sword if it gets close and is hostile.

Fucking hell!

Cecil tries to recover, his ears ringing from the blast.

Didn't expect the fucking forcefield behind the door, goddamn.

Wait for the dust to settle. Stay slumped against the wall. Will my eardrums to recover faster. Can I see anything?

((we were thrown away, but Pw said that people in synth bodies aren't actually hurt.))

Look towards destroyed door.

If Faith: amp force her hands behind back.

If other hostiles: Heat 1 foot sphere center mass

If none of above: charge will bonus

The dust settles quickly to reveal the room beyond the destoyed wall and door. It's a fairly large room, what appears to have been some sort of large tunnel that has been bricked over on one side to form this cul-de-sac room off the main tunnel. It's brightly lit by loops of string lights and LED light cord that have been laid out around the room and wrapped around hooks in the ceiling. Along the walls, or as close as they can get considering the ovoid shape of the room, are several large machines; 3 on each side. The machines are semi-egg shaped, but fatter and with a flat bottom. Bundles of tubes, wires and thick cords run from each machine into the thing in the center of the room. The thing in the center of the room is a chair, or really more of a throne. It appears to be some sort of life support system, a heavy metallic throne with support straps, iv tubes, life monitoring systems, feeding and waste disposal lines and the like, but it has been heavily modified and made far more ornate then normal. It's been plated in gold, etched and given useless ornamentation, most of which seems rather ramshackle and mismatching, strings of pearls, mixed with little totems and divine symbols that you're pretty sure are from several religions. At the foot of the throne are what look like offerings; bowls of food and money and valuables, all sitting there, untouched.

In the chair itself is...well...it looks like a corpse. The machines plugged into the throne still seem to be active, or at least on, but the man in the throne seems to be long dead. He's wearing a strange cloak of some kind, one that keeps shimmering and taking on the appearance of different sets of clothing, with different people in each; an evening suit with a dark skinned hand visible, a jump suit with the curvature of a woman and pale, reddish skin, an albino in some sort of strange latex outfit. It flickers and shimmers and jerks through these outfits and more, occasionally shorting out and going dark, turning into a grayish cloth poncho over a corpse before crackling back on. The man's head, the only thing not covered, is lulling to the side, resting awkwardly on his shoulder. His dark, mummified skin clings tightly too a skull with some very strange shapes visible within; as though there is some sort of gridwork of protrusions around his face and skull, following cheek bones and jaw line and brow like exaggerated, cartoonish extensions of the normal bone.

The egg shaped machines are still on, or at least still receiving power, but they're not making any noise, and you can see no indication that they're actually doing anything to the corpse. The life sign monitors on the throne are all turned off, and besides the hum of power in the machines and the lights, it is utterly silent in the room.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 03, 2014, 12:12:44 pm »

((And amusingly disturbing mental images :P))
((Sadly, Feyri cannot see past the double parentheses. You're doomed. :I
If I was mean anyway.))

Rejoice that I fight for your right to speak.
Rejoice that I'm going to pretend you said that wrong.

Feyri carried her Rotary gun and awaited the dust to settle. Gazing inside from her position, she looked at the rest.

We are all below a diner, agreed? Could someone inform me of why I'm looking at something that shouldn't be under a diner? Team two, ready flashbangs, do not pull the pin. Watch the area. Watch your thoughts.

Grenade out.

Approach VERY cautiously. Intuition feel, go.
Lob one flashbang in there. Obviously shield self against the effects at a distance.

"We come in peace!"
...I shouldn't have used the pre-recorder for this one.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:59:16 pm by Tiruin »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 03, 2014, 02:04:23 pm »

"Alright, I'm back. Care to bring me up to speed on what I missed? And no, I'm not mind controlled anymore."

Continue brain rest, and examine the extent of the damage to my body. Comply with Flint.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:22:00 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 03, 2014, 04:06:46 pm »

be helpful (if at all possible)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:34:10 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 03, 2014, 05:08:53 pm »

((Dude, those hostages are still there. Miyamoto directly gave your squad orders for releasing them in a safe, controlled manner. You bored? Then go do what you were asked to do several turns ago.))

"Alright, I'm back. Care to bring me up to speed on what I missed? And no, I'm not mind controlled anymore."

Continue brain rest, and examine the extent of the damage to my body.

"Morul, put your weapons down right now, back away, then put your hands on your head and lie face-down so someone can come check you over. Failure to comply will result in immediate shocking or Flint opening fire. Sorry man, gotta make sure you aren't still possessed.

Flint, have you or someone on team 2 check over Morul, don't come too close. Confirm if he's still fully himself, and not mindcontrolled.

Steve, is there a surefire way to affirm someone isn't being influenced by something else? Some sort of litmus test you know of? Maybe the AM knows something?"

Talk, ask question to Steve.

EDIT: extra action from below: If Morul does not comply with Miya's orders, ask Steve to shock him unconscious. If Steve can somehow confirm remotely he's fully himself and without outside influence, disregard that order.

EDIT 2: he seems to comply in text, but not in his posted action yet, so wait with shocking for now.

be helpful (if at all possible)

"Konrak, Taddok, you have my permission to leave the APC, with the dead inside, and come over to the diner to help. Be sure the APC is in a safe location before you do though. Report back in when you get here."

((OOC note: yes, i know this is stupid and dangerous. But I feel really, really bad about condemning two players to staring at a wall.

Damn, I'm taking sods with me from now. Here's hoping pw will be lenient on this matter, cause if not I'll be forced to waste players for boring crap like this in the future.))
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:10:40 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 03, 2014, 05:16:36 pm »

"Huh. When did you get here Miyamoto? And I don't have any weapons aside from my amp, and I can't really put that down. And I'm not possessed anymore. When I disappear like that, I REALLY disappear. Nothing gets in or out of the void. I realize why you're doing it, but Flint isn't going to be able to truly confirm anything. Face it, you're just gonna have to trust me, or shoot me now."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 72