Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode  (Read 77850 times)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2014, 06:33:06 am »

I think Meph is adding my fixes to the newest version.

There were a few problems with it. One being that it wasn't reloading when the world was loaded, so it wasn't even loading the materials. Another one was that it was checking values of a variable that it never assigned.

I also made changes to make the syndromes expire "naturally" rather than just erasing them. Erasing them was causing major problems with some syndromes.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2014, 06:37:58 am »

Just made a masterwork mithril vibroblade.

I think I just won the game.

Rubicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2014, 06:37:59 am »

Has anyone got Thunder Coils to work? I'm having issues.

For starters, the manual suggests 'powering them from below". But they have to be constructed on all solid flooring, I tried powering them like attaching a gear to a windmill...no dice.

Then I tried putting a powered gear next to the edge tiles; no power.
Then with an axle going into the corner, like all other machines (love the arc furnace, btw. So cool.) When I request a readout, still says machine is not powered.

Putting about 270 power into three coils....is it just that they need more juice?

*edit* Hmm. Just connected one up by itself, got a power reading. So nothing wrong with the connections, just that if the power is too low, they will not have a reading at all. I need more power!

Also; bought some turrets from the dwarven caravan...they are slaughtering wildlife! Good thing I don't need nature.

*Edit Update*

Looks like I spoke too soon. Got 550 power going into the corner of one of the thunder coils, with a horizontal axle...nothing.
When I "take a reading", it says the machine is not powered. Note: This is exactly the same config that was giving me 'powered' on another coil. Something screwy going on.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:29:15 am by Rubicon »

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2014, 07:03:49 am »

Has anyone got Thunder Coils to work? I'm having issues.

For starters, the manual suggests 'powering them from below". But they have to be constructed on all solid flooring, I tried powering them like attaching a gear to a windmill...no dice.

Then I tried putting a powered gear next to the edge tiles; no power.
Then with an axle going into the corner, like all other machines (love the arc furnace, btw. So cool.) When I request a readout, still says machine is not powered.

Putting about 270 power into three coils....is it just that they need more juice?

*edit* Hmm. Just connected one up by itself, got a power reading. So nothing wrong with the connections, just that if the power is too low, they will not have a reading at all. I need more power!

Also; bought some turrets from the dwarven caravan...they are slaughtering wildlife! Good thing I don't need nature.

Might I suggest building a long underground tunnel to the edge of the map, installing a floodgate the tile before the very edge, engraving some fortifications into it, flooding it, pulling the floodgate up, then building a giant row of waterwheels on top of the now flowing stationary water?

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2014, 11:24:23 am »

How much power is required for a thunder coil to work? I have one all hooked up with 2000+ power going to it but a group of automatons just walked on by it.

I hooked it up by putting a gear assembly one tile away from the corner and on the same level as the thunder coil and then connecting it with a horizontal axle.

I believe something funny is going on with the power because I began having problems with power with my other factories that worked before I made the thunder coil. I need to do more testing to figure out why, but I think it's related. All I know is that when I saved, quit and reloaded the game all the factories worked again.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2014, 11:52:16 am »

Just checked it out - there was a bug with the thunder coil that crashes the machina script.

Apparently it doesn't load the lightning material properly after reloading the game.  I've got it fixed for the next update, but for now, type 'machina' into the dfhack console and it should work.  (And with that much power going through it, you might want to stand back before you do :P)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2014, 12:34:23 pm »

after reloading the game.
Adding it to Onload.init in the raw folder wouldnt work?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2014, 01:15:41 pm »

Stupid newbie question: where are "slag bars" located in the stockpile menu?  I'm trying to get my Gnomes to bring the slag bars from the smelter up to the slag pit using a wheelbarrow, which means creating a stockpile for them, but I can't find them under "Bars".

If they can't be stockpiled, is there some other sensible way to transport them to a target location?  Or do I have to build the slag pit right next to the smelter?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2014, 01:21:44 pm »

No stockpiling for slag bars. They clutter up the smelter, or they go into the slag pit. So yes, build it next to it. (or dump them, I cant forbid that)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2014, 03:16:01 pm »

Two more bugs (v 5.05, Linux, ASCII, Gnomes):
  • Automatic Furniture Assembler and Druidic Device both use hotkey Alt+a
  • Tried to make bread in kitchen (from a bag of cave wheat flour I got from the dwarvish caravan), and got a "cheese" item (value 0, stockpiled as a prepared meal).  It is literally named "cheese".  The bag of flour was not consumed; I made a Fine Meal out of it (and some fish) immediately afterward.

After a little while I lost track of what happened to the "cheese".  At one point it was stockpiled in a pot/barrel by itself in my prepared meals stockpile.  Now I'm not sure whether someone ate it, or cooked it, or moved it.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2014, 03:24:08 pm »

That second one is a bug across all races, but I have never seen it before. The bread reaction is ancient, from Old Genesis, I havent changed anything on it in literally years.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2014, 03:47:35 pm »

In the Sawmill, both "====SKILL WOODCRAFT====" and "Break down wooden beds" use hotkey A.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2014, 03:50:59 pm »

All three noted down. I'll fix it, although I cant really think of a reason why the bread shouldnt work. The other two are minor typos. IndigoFenix also send me a fix for the Thundercoil, which I can include for the next release. :)

Rubicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2014, 01:20:39 am »

All three noted down. I'll fix it, although I cant really think of a reason why the bread shouldnt work. The other two are minor typos. IndigoFenix also send me a fix for the Thundercoil, which I can include for the next release. :)

Hi, just posting to note that I have seen the exact same bread\cheese bug before...I just assumed it was something to do with the fact that I had turned 'Food Variety' off in the launcher, and ignored it.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2014, 07:38:37 am »

how do you open the crates you get on embark and where the hell do i make cogs?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29