Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode  (Read 77853 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2014, 12:04:32 pm »

How much do the colossus elephants cost?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2014, 12:04:50 pm »

I suppose I could add a custom machine reaction for ironbark and steeloak in the arc furnace.

Actually, making a custom machine for plant processing would be a good way to test out the custom machine reaction system.

Gnomes can't use magmalings, but they can drill down to the magma sea and suck the magma to the surface using a drilling rig.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2014, 12:51:00 pm »

If you're dumping stone onto the input tile, you don't need to use the input stone job at all: the machine will take from the input tile automatically.  The job is only there to load up the machine before you get a proper system running, all it does is leave the stone lying on top of the tile.  Just have the minecart dump the stones directly on top of the machine input and nobody has to enter the machine area at all.

OK, very cool.  I thought I had tried something like that the first time around, but it must have failed for some other reason (Machine Input was on the wrong side of the workshop, or ... who knows).  One of the reasons I had a separate stockpile in the first working setup was because you can't designate a stockpile on top of the Machine Input -- so all the ore dropped there would get picked back up, taken back up to the stockpile, dropped again, etc.  Without the ability to designate a stockpile on the Machine Input, you must physically restrict access to those ores to make them stay put.

Anyway, I moved the upper-level ore dropping stuff by 1 tile, and with the locked doors to the Arc Furnace, it worked. :)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2014, 04:26:14 pm »

anyone got a suggestion on a fast setup to get arc furnace

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2014, 04:47:30 pm »

anyone got a suggestion on a fast setup to get arc furnace

Bring a crate of heavy electrical equipment with you.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2014, 05:21:49 pm »

is there a way to generate energy from lava?

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2014, 10:29:38 pm »

How much do the colossus elephants cost?

1250? Something such that you can only buy them if you set up your embark points. You can however buy a couple with 5000 points, as that's what I tested. They give a hundred hearts when butchered it turns out. Plus like 3000 meat.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2014, 04:46:27 am »

is there a way to generate energy from lava?

There's a geothermal generator, but I've never got around to trying it.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2014, 10:22:22 am »

In 5.05 (Linux, ASCII) I tried to make a bronze mechanical bear.  In fact, I did make one, but then when I tried to activate it:
Code: [Select]
.../MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/construct-creature.lua:293: Cannot read field unit.T_curse.anon_4: not found.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
.../MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/construct-creature.lua:293: in function 'CreateUnit'
.../MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/construct-creature.lua:527: in function 'PlaceUnitById'
.../MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/construct-creature.lua:137: in function '?'
./hack/lua/plugins/eventful.lua:49: in function <./hack/lua/plugins/eventful.lua:47>

Possible mismatch between the version of dfhack distributed with Masterwork, and the version I compiled? :(
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2014, 10:31:51 am »

In 5.05 (Linux, ASCII) I tried to make a bronze mechanical bear.  In fact, I did make one, but then when I tried to activate it:
.../MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/construct-creature.lua:293: Cannot read field unit.T_curse.anon_4: not found.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
.../MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/construct-creature.lua:293: in function 'CreateUnit'
.../MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/construct-creature.lua:527: in function 'PlaceUnitById'
.../MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/construct-creature.lua:137: in function '?'
./hack/lua/plugins/eventful.lua:49: in function <./hack/lua/plugins/eventful.lua:47>

Possible mismatch between the version of dfhack distributed with Masterwork, and the version I compiled? :(

Looks like it.  Seeing as how it has the word anon in it, you probably figured out what the variable did and compiled a version that had a better name, but the script still uses the old name.  Does spawnunit work?  It uses the same variable.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2014, 10:48:27 am »

Here's some code from the "master" branch of dfhack, in the file library/include/df/unit.h:
    struct DFHACK_EXPORT T_curse {
      std::vector<void* > anon_1; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      std::vector<void* > anon_2; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      std::vector<void* > anon_3; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      int32_t time_on_site; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      std::vector<int32_t > anon_4; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      std::vector<int32_t > anon_5; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      static struct_identity _identity;
And the same code from the same file in the "develop" branch:
    struct DFHACK_EXPORT T_curse {
      std::vector<int32_t > interaction_id; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      std::vector<int32_t > interaction_time; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      std::vector<int32_t > interaction_delay; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      int32_t time_on_site; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      std::vector<int32_t > own_interaction; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      std::vector<int32_t > own_interaction_delay; /*!< v0.34.01 */
      static struct_identity _identity;
Looks like I should change anon_4 to own_interaction, and anon_5 to own_interaction_delay, in both scripts.  I wonder what else is going to break.

Yup.  I edited the two scripts in precisely that way, made a new mechanical bear, saved the game, and activated it -- successfully!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:59:30 am by greycat »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2014, 11:10:48 am »

The mechanical animals don't have skills by default (although you can train them at the advanced animal training area)

That doesn't appear to work (or I'm doing it wrong).  I pastured my bronze mechanical bear in the Advanced Animal Training Area (a 1x1 pasture, 1 tile east of center) and sent someone there to "Teach animals combat techniques".  I keep getting the announcement "Rodunan Falgoscappregose needs a work animal to train."

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2014, 03:48:05 pm »

I didn't know the mechanical animal constructs could be trained. I figured they were little more than meat(metal) shields. Natural creatures can be though. I could be entirely wrong though.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2014, 07:56:23 pm »

If they can be trained, it's not obvious how to do it.

They seem to be missing some fields, or something.  They show up as citizens of the fortress (rather than animals), but they have "(Tame)" in their profession, and they don't perform jobs.  I guess they're like Tigermen, sort of.  They can't be assigned to military squads, but they can be pastured.  However, if they are pastured in the Advanced Animal Training Area, they cannot be taught combat techniques.  The code that looks for a "work animal" to give combat skill doesn't find them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2014, 08:09:52 pm »

Did you save and reload the game after you summoned them? Animals spawned with scripts currently dont appear in the animal list, till you reload the game.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29