Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode  (Read 77852 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2014, 10:24:48 am »

I'm having trouble figuring out of the Seismic Telegraph is working or not.

Both the first time embarking, and after restarting from the initial save once I had figured out some of the basic machine stuff, I haven't seemed to get it working. Are there any tricks, or special conditions, to getting the message through?

In my Gnome fortress (which was in version 5.05) I consistently got a message like "There is no response" the first time I used the Seismic Telegraph each year, and then "A caravan is already on its way" the second time each year.

I did not test "Only use it once and see if a caravan comes."  I always did the double sending.

I'm pretty sure it actually works the first time.  It's supposed to add a future caravan event, check to see if it was added, and then give a response message if it finds one.  I've seen this work properly...once.  The caravan comes anyway in either case, though.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2014, 04:19:34 pm »

I haven't been seeing any response positive or negative as far as I can tell. I had it set up before even the first migrant wave, and tried running the reaction every now and then, not sure what I should be looking for.

And while I have received Dwarf, Elf, and Human caravans, I haven't seen any Gnomes.

It's just odd.

The rest of the Gnome stuff seems very promising though, even after I lost a highly skilled newly migrated Mason to the Arc Furnace I forgot to turn off... so many pieces...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 04:22:54 pm by Repseki »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2014, 04:51:14 pm »

I haven't been seeing any response positive or negative as far as I can tell. I had it set up before even the first migrant wave, and tried running the reaction every now and then, not sure what I should be looking for.

No message?  Odd.  Does any error appear in the dfhack console when you run the reaction?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2014, 05:11:46 pm »

I didn't notice one, but I'll check next time I open up DF.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2014, 05:25:14 pm »

No message?  Odd.  Does any error appear in the dfhack console when you run the reaction?

Ive had it not send a message before. Pretty sure its when gnomes die out during world gen. The error message said the civ id couldnt be found

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2014, 05:58:19 pm »

I do know the Gnome civ my Fort is from isn't extinct, but there is an error that pops up about machine.lua.

This is what showed up in the console.

...terworkDF V.5.07\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/machine.lua:1285: Cannot read field vector<historical_entity*>.1604: index out of bounds.
stack traceback:
     [C]: in function '__index'
     ...terworkDF V.5.07\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/machina.lua:1285: in function '?'
     ...terworkDF V.5.07\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\plugins\eventful.lua:49: in function <...rkDF V.5.07\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\plugins\eventful.lua:47>

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2014, 05:10:20 am »

So unless I'm totally mistaken, my issue seems to be that DFhack is having trouble choosing the correct entity for my Gnomes. Giving the force script a try, it returned almost the same error as above.

Is it possible that having Dwarves playable in Fortress mode for this world, along with the Gnomes, has something to do with this?

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2014, 05:11:18 am »

Gnomes need some gadget gloves, and some more variety of pants and boots.

Magnetic boots that prevent (or add resistance to) gnomes from being knocked over would be so awesome.

Gloves, I don't know, skill increases? Strength increases? Projectile attacks?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2014, 09:11:09 am »

Gnomes need some gadget gloves, and some more variety of pants and boots.

Magnetic boots that prevent (or add resistance to) gnomes from being knocked over would be so awesome.

Gloves, I don't know, skill increases? Strength increases? Projectile attacks?

I wanted to do this, but I'm not sure how to fix the right hand/left hand issue where gloves are concerned.  I also don't know how to prevent falls.  The gadgets can enable any effect that can be added through a syndrome, so if you have any ideas like that, they can work.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2014, 09:16:56 am »

There's a dfhack script that fixes the glove handedness. I'm preey sure it runs automatically, but you might want to check.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Archonex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2014, 01:03:18 pm »

So are the geothermal generators supposed to be giving the "needs magma" notice when trying to add a job to them with magma underneath them?  The steam engine works just fine.

It looks like a bug but I was wondering if I was missing something.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:21:10 pm by Archonex »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2014, 02:33:00 pm »

There's a dfhack script that fixes the glove handedness. I'm preey sure it runs automatically, but you might want to check.
Yes. IndigigoFenix, if you make custom gloves, they get handedness added automatically in the mod. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shardey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2014, 09:50:35 am »

I have updated my little charts for the version 5.0.7. Hope it is useful!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uB3UFs-itHpIWkVWUC4DiUErjLdO30dioxtSjuKZMuw/edit?usp=sharing

Edit - version number. In the documents too. Thanks Greycat.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 01:44:31 pm by Shardey »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2014, 09:56:37 am »

Maybe I can add http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lodestone directly into the mod, that way you might find a natural magnet by mining. Single tile rocks, just like the meteorite or fossils/relics.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2014, 12:44:31 pm »

I have updated my little charts for the version 0.5.7. Hope it is useful!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uB3UFs-itHpIWkVWUC4DiUErjLdO30dioxtSjuKZMuw/edit?usp=sharing

These are nice!  But you've written "0.5.7" in a bunch of them (including this forum post) when you surely meant "5.0.7".
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29