Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode  (Read 77847 times)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2014, 06:55:39 pm »

Well, it still happens if you build a bunch of beds or something.

You could just check to make sure its a furnace or workshop.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2014, 10:05:09 am »

Never mind, I found an even better way; having it update once per frame if you created or destroyed at least one building during the previous frame.

Also the Cosmic Gear is now an all-around negative space wedgie.  In addition to speeding up or stopping the calendar, it now emits a chrono-backlash that has an effect on nearby creatures, and two Gears in close proximity with reversed polarity can create a 'chronal torque' effect.  It can be used as an time-loop based shield, time cloning device, teleporter, extraspatial creature storage mechanism, or aging-based weapon.  It can also de-age creatures until they will never have been born, which will bring creatures that they therefore couldn't have killed back to life as well as erase all of their descendants from existence.  I have no idea how exploitable this system is.  Since you can, with sufficient precision and effort, age and de-age creatures, you can create paradox-based gambits ... although if you abuse it, you might eventually find yourself besieged by long-dead enemies.  And versions of them that fell out of parallel universes.  No actual clock roaches currently but I think it may be fun enough as it is.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2014, 10:08:16 am »

You should really make a really really large and comprehensive post about that and post that outside of the MDF forum, for other people to see. That is so dwarfish, it might win you the game.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2014, 10:11:38 am »

Never mind, I found an even better way; having it update once per frame if you created or destroyed at least one building during the previous frame.

Also the Cosmic Gear is now an all-around negative space wedgie.  In addition to speeding up or stopping the calendar, it now emits a chrono-backlash that has an effect on nearby creatures, and two Gears in close proximity with reversed polarity can create a 'chronal torque' effect.  It can be used as an time-loop based shield, time cloning device, teleporter, extraspatial creature storage mechanism, or aging-based weapon.  It can also de-age creatures until they will never have been born, which will bring creatures that they therefore couldn't have killed back to life as well as erase all of their descendants from existence.  I have no idea how exploitable this system is.  Since you can, with sufficient precision and effort, age and de-age creatures, you can create paradox-based gambits ... although if you abuse it, you might eventually find yourself besieged by long-dead enemies.  And versions of them that fell out of parallel universes.  No actual clock roaches currently but I think it may be fun enough as it is.

That sounds crazy.

I don't even know how you would have scripted that stuff, but wow.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2014, 10:36:01 am »

Sometimes the 'why' is harder to answer than the 'how'.  :D

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2014, 11:44:26 am »

I have really got to get back into Gnomes. That sounds awesome.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2014, 03:41:11 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: Weaponising Time Itself.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Booman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2014, 05:54:03 pm »

I can't figure out the Geothermal Generator. Where does the Lava go? Where do I connect the gears?

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2014, 06:05:26 pm »

I can't figure out the Geothermal Generator. Where does the Lava go? Where do I connect the gears?

I always out the lava under the top middle and water under the bottom middle then gears connect to top left and right corners.

That said...it seems pretty hit or miss connecting to it. Sometimes it works sometimes only one of them works and sometimes only one of them works from a specific direction with a specific axle or gear.

I've pretty much moved to pure water power. It's reliable and doesn't require babysitting.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2014, 09:15:55 pm »

That said...it seems pretty hit or miss connecting to it. Sometimes it works sometimes only one of them works and sometimes only one of them works from a specific direction with a specific axle or gear.

I've pretty much moved to pure water power. It's reliable and doesn't require babysitting.
It's not just the engines that're temperamental. I can't power a drilling rig, despite there being a clearly powered gear assembly connected to the rig. I also had to reassemble an axle three times before an electrostatic generator would accept the power.

Also, found a problem with the full spectrum specs production reaction. It produces ITEM_HELM_MIRROR_GNOME, and should produce ITEM_HELM_SPECS_GNOME.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2014, 11:54:28 pm »

Regards not being able to power machines, it's a weird quirk.

You pretty much always have to set up a building to be constructed. I usually just use b->w->w, place it, then cancel construction.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2014, 04:30:05 am »

Anyone else notice getting brought through the "what do you want us to bring" trade agreenment by the Gnomes twice when they bring a caravan?

This is on 5.07. Not sure if something has changed since then.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2014, 09:12:51 am »

Anyone else notice getting brought through the "what do you want us to bring" trade agreenment by the Gnomes twice when they bring a caravan?

This is on 5.07. Not sure if something has changed since then.

Yeah, I always got two diplomats/liaisons as well.  Can't remember which version I last played Gnomes with, though.  At first I thought one was the Gnome liaison and one was the Dwarf liaison, since both caravans showed up at the same time.  But both of them had the same list of things to ask for, so they both seemed to be Gnome liaisons.  I didn't really try to pinpoint it any farther.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Booman246

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2014, 03:40:58 pm »

I had just thought it was one gnome and one dwarf. I'll have to investigate, next time I get a caravan.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2014, 04:04:51 pm »

I just thought of an idea for gnomes. A building in which it is possible to nurse (transform) eggs into their respective baby animals. I just wanna be able to raise raptors in a jurassic park style :)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29