Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 82144 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2014, 06:40:29 pm »

Hmm, those are really cool, but they require the special gnomish electricity right?  I don't want the orcs to have to mess around with that, was hoping it was possible to require good old mechanical power.  Thanks :)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2014, 07:51:58 pm »

Hmm, those are really cool, but they require the special gnomish electricity right?

No, actually, the gnomes use regular mechanical power and clockwork.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2014, 10:50:29 pm »

Here's the changes I'll be testing for a while.  Since I'm out of practice I'm sure a lot of it is messed up :)

As you can see it's mostly reactions to clean up extra stuff that appears nowadays in the fort, and small fixes for missing clay reactions and the sort.

Arcvasti, thanks, I guess i was wrong about me being able to figure out the power business ;)  I'll actually play some gnome mode soon and try to learn how it works.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and when it comes to lua i am totally winging it;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:24:22 am by smakemupagus »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2014, 05:58:59 am »

I like the antmen siege possibility! What do you have planned for the succubi/gnome/warlock raids? (If we can raid them at all.)

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2014, 11:10:45 am »

How exactly do I send orcs raiding? I have a drydock, built a longboat, and have like 10k rusty iron coins. I've run the job "collect raiders weapons" (or something like that) at the drydock a few times, but I never get the option to actually raid or anything. What am I doing wrong?
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2014, 11:43:14 am »

Yeah, that's it.  Longboat, 1000k - 5000k 1000-5000 shillings, and weapons kit.  Maybe you're experiencing the (vanilla) burrows bug.

Gamerlord:  my thoughts are something like this:

tier 1:  low risk, low reward
* round up gob/kob
* pillage farm
* maybe couple more

tier 2:  similar moderate risk/reward to the current loot tables (including chance for retaliation)
* raid settlement
* raid mines
* raid shipping
* raid shrine
* raid outpost armory
* raid tomb complex

tier 3:  "reward tier" -- moderate risk, good rewards but not many directly high end items; requires a semi rare "map" item
* loot ancient ruins
* loot pirate treasure
* loot grand temple
* loot arms shipment

tier 4:  high cost, chance for unique loot, chance for partial success, high chance for retaliation; requires a significantly rare "map" item
* assault city
* assault mountainhomes
* assault forest retreat
* assault dark tower
* assault gnome ... place?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:00:48 pm by smakemupagus »

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2014, 11:51:04 am »

Whoa, 1000k? I assume that's a typo? K meaning "thousand". I have 10k or ten thousand coins.

I'm not familiar with the burrows bug. I haven't actually set up any burrows yet.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2014, 12:00:15 pm »

Whoa, 1000k? I assume that's a typo? K meaning "thousand". I have 10k or ten thousand coins.

I'm not familiar with the burrows bug. I haven't actually set up any burrows yet.

yes typo, 1k to 5k

works fine for me in game.  can take a look if you want to post a save, otherwise i dunno
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:05:10 pm by smakemupagus »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2014, 06:22:25 am »

Try checking that you're actually making the weapon kits. Sometimes they just don't get made or they get stored in one of those bins of finished goods that just keep getting dragged everywhere.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2014, 10:41:08 am »

How do I look for them, do they show up in stocks somewhere?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2014, 11:12:00 am »

weapon kits are tools.  as are longboats.

this is a general comment, not specific to orc fort, but if you don't know whether the reaction is taking place it might go smoothest if you keep a small stockpile of inputs (copper weapons, coins) and outputs (wood & copper tools for boats & weapon kits) nearby WITHOUT bins, because inputs in bins can get carried around and cause cancellations. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:25:11 am by smakemupagus »

MuDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2014, 03:18:36 pm »

What Smake just said about the small input stockpiles. That's how I always handled the raiding for what it's worth. Small weapon stock for copper daggers, tool stocks and a small wood stockpile for longboat logs.

ussdefiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2014, 08:48:23 pm »

mild request while you're mucking about: reactions to make a full suit of metal armor in the factory, instead of just mail shirts.

Doesn't have to include a shield, since you might want your dudes to have 2H weapons, but it gets annoying to put in a half-dozen manager requests and completely clog my forges to get enough equipment to completely cover one dude.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2014, 01:14:44 pm »

all,
Meph asked for some "getting started" tips for the manual.  Please post if you have some specific advices for new warchiefs (stuff you like to add to your embark, which key buildings to prioritize, how to make use of castes, maybe some comments specific to a certain style of orc camp, etc.)?  otherwise of course I can fill it out but good to get other inputs too :)

mild request while you're mucking about: reactions to make a full suit of

Good suggestion, thanks :)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2014, 01:28:17 pm »

My personal tips: I always bring a Leatherworker Artisan. That's basically essential. And two orcish warriors for early hunting. Uruk and Ronin are preferable, but normal orcs work too. Aside from that, I mostly go about starting like dwarves do, minus the pick. I usually don't bring anything unusual besides 3-4 extra anvils at embark. Since I usually go for a mostly to completely aboveground camp with orcs, I always choose a site with clay and use raw boulders to build. I usually prioritize the Tribal Warcrafter to get iron-grade armour for my two warriors as soon as possible. I also try and get a wall around the workshops really quickly and expand upwards in future. Most of the Kobold and Goblin workshops are pretty useful early on, especially if you lack digging, so I get Raiding online in Autumn. Orcish Factory is pretty useful for turning out absurd amounts of bricks for upward expansion and is really useful for making copper daggers for raiding, so its next. Usually by then, my warrior orcs are legendary[Because their learn-rates are twice as good as dwarves with Harder Learning on] and that first siege is really easy.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46