Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 82355 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2014, 10:21:20 am »

Ah, got it.  Goblin Sawmill Shanty then.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2014, 02:02:20 pm »

Im not sure if there's a way of making magma proof pump stacks without huge amounts of metal. Would construction from magma proof blocks be possible? Maybe since a magma proof pipe of metal takes 3 bars from stone it could be 3 blocks and one bar for "rivets". Just an idea. Probably cheaper to just raid for magma source buildings.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2014, 02:25:37 pm »

Glass is magma safe too, and if you lack sand you can goblin stonecutter -> grind rocks to sand.  Stained glass for extra style points ^^ :)

I usually only bother with pumpstacks for magma weapons though, i find raiding for fluidcaster much more convenient most of the time, although it can be frustrating if the RNG messes with you.  There's a blood of armok -> fluidcaster foundation at the arcane forge too. 

a picture i like from the old thread
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the reservoirs are filled by fluidcaster, the incinerator pumps are orc'd manually.  Not the most efficient weapon really but who cares :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:34:00 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2014, 03:53:58 pm »

would a "make pump components from bars" efficient batch reaction help?  I'm not familiar with how many bars you have to use up if you craft the pump components at the forge.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2014, 09:29:17 pm »

would a "make pump components from bars" efficient batch reaction help?  I'm not familiar with how many bars you have to use up if you craft the pump components at the forge.

You know I totally forgot about glass.  I just remember some talk a while back that glass was "magma proof" in that it would sometimes melt.  I wasn't sure if that applied to stacks or not.

A batch reaction might be a cool addition.  It would take five bars.  It takes one bar for the screw, three for the pipe section, and one for the block, which I assumed would be made of metal because I also during that embark had no magma safe stone.  Lots of trees to burn down though.

Honestly though if glass is a workable option that's fine.  A goblin grinding rock into sand provides enough to get the job done I'm sure.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2014, 11:37:23 pm »

Orcfort revision 1 for MDF 6.0
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6732

testing state: clean errorlog on embark

features
* rollback to an older magic system that worked more reliably
* various balance, continuity, unneccesary-complexity-reducing, & community suggested tweaks
* small boosts to underused buildings like human labor cell, heavy weapons armory, & tavern
* expanded gnomish Outlander tech.  Pillage diodes or run your own semiconductor sweatshop to unlock high tech crossbows, guns, and turret guns at Steamfoundry and heavy weapons lab
* some stuff to do with warpstone here and there

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:14:37 am by smakemupagus »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2014, 02:10:29 am »

Mate your link isn't working. It's saying 'Error. You do not have permission to view or use this part of the archive.'

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 11, 2014, 02:21:02 am »

hmm ok maybe i linked to the wrong page, give it another shot.  if not i'll reupload later in the weekend, I'm off for now
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6732

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2014, 03:29:04 am »

Now it works.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 11, 2014, 04:32:35 pm »

I thought Orcs were meant to be tough! My militia commander is currently lieing out in the wilderness with a badly injured leg and arm after a fight with a Giant Albratross. HE MAY NEVER WALK AGAIN.

Now for the weird part. No one is going out to get him (he's currently disabled) or the corpse of the albratross, and its not appearing in the job list, even though I have a hospital and refuse stockpile.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »

re: albatross corpse, did you check the relevant standing orders? (gather refuse from outside, for example)
assisting wounded is a notoriously low priority job, there's nothing specific to orc mode about it though

was this guy armed?  giant albatross are, like, 4 times the size of a human or orc :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:47:19 pm by smakemupagus »

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2014, 04:52:20 pm »

re: albatross corpse, did you check the relevant standing orders? (gather refuse from outside, for example)
assisting wounded is a notoriously low priority job, there's nothing specific to orc mode about it though

was this guy armed?  giant albatross are, like, 4 times the size of a human or orc :)
First part: heavy facepalm. THEY DON'T.
Second part: assist wounded just... isn't on the job list. He seems to be recovering, so hopefully he'll get up.
Question: he only had a wooden training sword. I HATE the fact that all creatures are one square in the game; it causes stuff like this!

EDIT: OK, he's in the hospital. Unfortunately, he has a grudge with the shaman. I guess he's annoyed at being left in the wilderness.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:13:54 pm by Illogical_Blox »
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2014, 08:24:00 pm »

1) This is REALLY an orc.
(Later, I also found an Uruk Uruk).

Figured this out finally.  Another odd little artifact of the orcs' Github era -- somebody added "[CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:STANDARD:Orc:Orcs]" and etc. to every caste.  I wish those guys had kept change notes  ::)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2014, 08:29:13 pm »

Github automatically keep change notes about every change, the thing is just that you need to understand github to find them. -.-
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 11, 2014, 08:37:37 pm »

Github automatically keep change notes about every change, the thing is just that you need to understand github to find them. -.-

aha.  that sort of makes sense :D

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46