Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 124573 times)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2014, 08:03:36 am »

I want to try this, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get through world gen without crashing. It's not even using more than a gig of ram, so I don't know what it could be.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2014, 10:03:40 am »

I want to try this, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get through world gen without crashing. It's not even using more than a gig of ram, so I don't know what it could be.

Does it start counting years before crashing or it crashes after placing minerals?

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »

The spontaneously combusting Succubi Trade Depot is seriously irritating.

So far, I've narrowed it down to 1 out of 3 chances that the first caravan of the year or second from year two will just burst into flames as soon as the wagons begin to unload in the depot.  Oddly enough, this time there was no fireborn in the caravan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2014, 07:15:46 pm »

Any bags or barrels filled with 'magma' ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2014, 08:59:18 pm »

Does it start counting years before crashing or it crashes after placing minerals?
I've had it do both. Sometimes it crashes right after minerals, but most of the time it's in the 200-300 year range.

I've tried messing around with it a bit, so I could have unwittingly changed something that changes how it crashes.

EDIT: I can confirm that it crashes while counting years. If I interrupt it before it crashes as select Use world as it currently is, it crashes while finalizing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:57:03 am by Rekov »

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2014, 09:48:48 pm »

Any bags or barrels filled with 'magma' ?

Haven't been able to tell

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2014, 11:17:15 am »

Other notes:

1.  With the changes to the Kiln/Clay Oven, how does one produce pearlash, now?  The option is missing from the Succubi, at least.
2.  Do the converted casts (cambions, fiends, devils, etc) produce children with "normal" succubi or themselves, or are they sterile?
3.  The Metallurgists.  Since the Succubi are not the metal workers that the other races are, and Stygian Bronze is smelted at the smelter, what is it's purpose?  There does not seem to be any options available after it's built, despite numerous types of ore hanging about.
4.  Just my opinion, but the Soul Forge seems redundant, despite knowing it is how the pitchforks are converted.  Maybe combine it into the Soul Well and have the converting reaction integrated?  I have this mental image of the succubi sticking a pitchfork in the well and "baptizing" it with surrounding souls.
5.  The Succubi have access to the Magma Well but not the Water Well, if the liquid spawning option is checked in the GUI.  The Magma Well does not seem to spawn or draw up any magma when used, at least I've never had any success when attempting to use it.  Nor does it require the special gems.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 03, 2014, 01:31:01 pm »

I am still trying to get a burning caravan, I'll try forcing the event on a wooden depot to see what happens.

Other notes:

1.  With the changes to the Kiln/Clay Oven, how does one produce pearlash, now?  The option is missing from the Succubi, at least.
2.  Do the converted casts (cambions, fiends, devils, etc) produce children with "normal" succubi or themselves, or are they sterile?
3.  The Metallurgists.  Since the Succubi are not the metal workers that the other races are, and Stygian Bronze is smelted at the smelter, what is it's purpose?  There does not seem to be any options available after it's built, despite numerous types of ore hanging about.
4.  Just my opinion, but the Soul Forge seems redundant, despite knowing it is how the pitchforks are converted.  Maybe combine it into the Soul Well and have the converting reaction integrated?  I have this mental image of the succubi sticking a pitchfork in the well and "baptizing" it with surrounding souls.
5.  The Succubi have access to the Magma Well but not the Water Well, if the liquid spawning option is checked in the GUI.  The Magma Well does not seem to spawn or draw up any magma when used, at least I've never had any success when attempting to use it.  Nor does it require the special gems.

1. I need to check, if there is no option this will be added back.
2. They give birth to normal succubi.
3. If the metallurgist is empty, it's a bug. There should be lesser alloys there, like brass or black bronze.
4. The soul forge pick from armoury stockpiles as well as souls. It might be merged with the well later on if the list of buildings gets too long, that mental image is good after all.
5. I'll retest it. If it is broken, it might be broken for warlocks too. I did not feel that water spawning is a succubus ability but I am not against adding it.

Blightedmarsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 03, 2014, 04:04:28 pm »

since sucubi are mythologically similar to siren I don't see why they shouldn't have some watery abilities. Speaking of which is there a water breathing siren caste? I could just imagine the various amphibian peoples and merfolk becoming sirens.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #294 on: August 03, 2014, 04:36:11 pm »

since sucubi are mythologically similar to siren
They are not at all related to siren.  ???
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 03, 2014, 05:14:59 pm »

They both have specialized body types that lure the opposite sex to ruin. While they may have totally different pretty much everything else, they fill the same mythological niche, so I can easily see how it might look like they are basically the same.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2014, 06:13:44 pm »

The method they lured the opposite sex was very different.sirens did not use their body,they used their song,while succubi used more...traditional methods.also,sirens had bird bodies with women's' heads,while succubi were usually more humanoid.also,in some tales succubi and incubi were the same thing.they gathered sperm from a man as succubi and then they either gave birth to demons,or they passed the sperm as incubi.sirens were never given a reason for their actions.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2014, 06:44:41 pm »

Trying to track down what exactly is causing my caravans to ignite is a pain in the arse.

That said, I just had an embark where, on a taiga/glacier, my first caravan showed up before I had a depot ready.  After I set one up, all of a sudden all my succubi ran out to collect items.  Not having seen a combat message, I realized I missed my chance to witness the traditional, fabled succubi greeting of self-immolation after a long journey.  That said, I was perusing the wreckage and I found a "pool of fireball," something I have not witness before.

As Fred would say, "A Clue!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2014, 07:03:59 pm »

A siren is from greek mythology and drives seamen to their deaths with their songs. A succubus is a medieval folk tale demon and rapes/uses sleeping men to get offspring. Its like saying Hercules and Jesus have a lot in common, just because both are male demigods. ;)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2014, 07:09:01 pm »

i can see where Blightedmarsh is coming from -- in some versions of classical literature they [sirens] were originally the sisters or friends of young Persephone, and their dual nature as fatal beauties is somehow tied to her own abduction and transformation from an earth/fertility spirit into the mistress of Hades.  I had to google to learn anything about the origin of succubi in mythology but from a short few minutes of reading it seems that some themes like ancient taboo fertility rituals and the corruption by a demon or Angel of Death are sort of similarish.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43