Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187519 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - BBQ!
« Reply #855 on: July 07, 2014, 10:05:09 am »

Yeah, looking at it now, Persus doesn't appear to have posted on the forum at all these last few days. Fingers crossed he'll turn up and post. I feel like we've wasted a whole lot of time waiting for other people to do things.

At the same time, I'm getting that awful feeling that I'm missing something important and that the game just about to be lost from something out of leftfield. Mostly because there's a plan here but there's been zero resistance to this plan.

Hapah, seriously, the majority of the other players are saying that you're most likely scum. You've not put forward a credible countercase and you're idly waiting for Persus to get back. If you are town then really you've got to do better than this: I don't want to lose the game by having team mates that are too passive. Do you believe Wolf's claim? What about Flabort?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 07, 2014, 10:25:57 am »

Hapah, it's about time to put up or shut up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 07, 2014, 11:09:28 am »

PFW

Hapah, it's about time to put up or shut up.
Suit yourself. I am a Townsperson. Can you understand my reluctance to claim? I've got a really good idea how this ends.

Hapah, seriously, the majority of the other players are saying that you're most likely scum. You've not put forward a credible countercase and you're idly waiting for Persus to get back.
It's been a holiday and a weekend for me too.

If you are town then really you've got to do better than this: I don't want to lose the game by having team mates that are too passive. Do you believe Wolf's claim? What about Flabort?
The thing is, I've got no angle to contest Wolf's claim; I went over that before. I have no reason to doubt it, though: it's just unfortunate that it's put me in this position. How can you fight the process of elimination?

I believe Flabort's sage information is valid. It's possible that he started on the scum team, and it's possible that he had another person who is actually the Sage on his team. If someone flips scum Sage I'd lynch Flabort, but I don't think it's too likely.

If Wolf is on the up and up it has to be between Otto/Per/Flabort.

Will try to answer any questions that I can during my lunch in an hour and a half or so.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 07, 2014, 02:06:47 pm »

I can't tell if you're resigned town or resigned scum. It wouldn't make sense to be resigned town though, would it?

And how would claiming townsperson after Persus13 claims mean anything? Yeah, Hapah, I think you're scum who's lost.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 07, 2014, 02:56:56 pm »

I'm think there have been vanilla town in previous games? Definitely in paranormals
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 07, 2014, 03:14:55 pm »

PFW

I'm think there have been vanilla town in previous games? Definitely in paranormals
Yeah there have been. I chose my words carefully.

Toony: I had to make him claim something, and if I kept my own claim a secret (doubly so with the not-in-the-role-list thing) I was hoping it might put him off balance. From where I'm sitting team has to be either 4mask and one or more of you confirmed folks, or some combination of Otto/Per/Flab with the latter scenario being more likely. He's gonna have to fake something.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 07, 2014, 05:03:41 pm »

Hey. I'm back.

Persus, the votes on you rest on a process of elimination thing, given that people are deciding to believe Wolf's inspection claim. If you're claiming not to be scum then essentially you've got to say why you think Wolf is lying or you've got to argue that the scum team is smaller than three people. The burden is on you. You're up for the chop here, so you should claim.
Except we don't know how many scum there are, whether or not 4maskwolf is lying, or even what type of scum we're facing (besides whatever flabort says). Assuming there are three scum and they are the three unclaimed people 4maskwolf didn't inspect is too many assumptions, and that's how we lost the last Supernatural.

Anyway, Claim time.

I'm a Fortune Teller. Fortune Teller is a type of Mystic like Oracles and Seers, except they're basically a form of rolecop but not very precise in determining roles (Multiple roles will get the same inspection result)

N1 I inspected ZU, because he seemed scummy to me then and I couldn't think of anyone else at the time (I didn't inspect IG because he had claimed a new role, so I didn't know whether or not his role would be true). I got the result of Watcher, so it matched his Sexton claim.
N2 I went after Toaster, because he was my top scumpick at that point in time. He is a Watcher. Since there hasn't been a thief inspection in previous games, I don't know whether or not he's telling the truth about his role.
N3 I inspected NQT, because he was the only one against the IG/MOWE, which seemed odd (not scummy, just odd) and I got the result of Watcher (Seriously, I must be targeting all the Watcher roles in this setup). NQT hasn't claimed yet, but he definitely could be a Sexton, Seer, or a Warlock, judging by past inspects, and he couldn't be

I'm not sure whether or not to believe 4maskwolf or Hapah. There have been Townspeople in the past, and scum have fakeclaimed Seer before. Because of this, and I need more time to read post from today (in game, not realtime), I'm going to throw out an extend. Today is probably one of the most important days of this game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 07, 2014, 05:07:47 pm »

Please include the flavor text for all your results.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 07, 2014, 05:17:47 pm »

I'm not sure whether that's believable or not.

NQT Does Persus's claimed inspect on you of Watcher stand up? Do you have an investigative role? (I don't remember if you've claimed or not)

I think, though, that Hapah is definitely lying. Could you tell us more about the flavor of a Townsperson? Are you claiming not to have a night action?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 07, 2014, 05:19:29 pm »

oppose extension, at least for now.  We've got more than 24 hours to go and most people seem to be of similar mindset right now.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 07, 2014, 05:36:44 pm »

I think NQT needs to claim. He (and Ottofar) are the only one that haven't done so.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 07, 2014, 05:52:30 pm »

Pfp, it's very late here and there's still much more I want to look at; if I'm a bit wooly in thos post it's because I'm tired. Let's not forget trad scum hunting amidst this wave of claims. True town folk, I beseech you to take the time to review the play of our fellow town.

I'd still like to see Ottofar replaced and hear his claim before we finish today, so extend.

Persus isn't lying about their result for me but they could easy have guessed that. What are the Fortune Teller options? Thief probably would be Watcher. We need to hear the flavour too. Fortune Teller scum is pretty normal, let's not forget.

I think it's very likely there was a conversion n1. So there's at least one Charismatic cultist. The second scum is likely the role Flabort pointed out (unless they're lying scum). Maybe there's a 3rd. Plus the convert. There's 9 of us now: if we mislynch, that's scum won. I think we're in MYLO. So we best be so freaking sure of this. I'm worried about wolf. Is his oppose extend him getting itchy for a scum win?

But we know there's at least one new element. The magus? Or regular townsperson?!

Wolf did you ever claim your role pm flavour? How about Persus and Hapah? Ask meph for additional details if there'd not much there, he'll do that I'm sure.

Gahh, I'm not sure whether to claim. I'll probably be night killed either way but if we haven't lost this round. Hmm. I'm going to sleep on it. Look im in the morning.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 07, 2014, 06:06:01 pm »

PFW
I think, though, that Hapah is definitely lying. Could you tell us more about the flavor of a Townsperson? Are you claiming not to have a night action?
My flavor is all of 3 sentences. You are correct, I have no actions.

NQT: Regular townspeople have been in past games, I found at least one when looking. I can ask for more flavor if you want but my PM is about as bare as you could get. And I really doubt we're at MYLO.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 07, 2014, 06:19:18 pm »

OK. I've booted my PC. Screw sleeping. Let's get some mafia done.

Hapah
NQT: Regular townspeople have been in past games, I found at least one when looking. I can ask for more flavor if you want but my PM is about as bare as you could get. And I really doubt we're at MYLO.
Yes, apologies, you are absolutely correct. Please could you paraphrase what little flavour you got.

There are nine of us, right? No kill n1, so one-shot convert (ala S6) is possible, right? That means the scum team could be as many as four people big by now, assuming they could have started off with 3 to begin with. Sound reasonable? As such, if we mislynch tonight and scum kill another townie, we'll be at 3 town to 4 scum and it'll be game over. So please explain to me your doubts that it could be MYLO.

While you're working that out, I'm going to look back on some things...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 07, 2014, 06:34:01 pm »

@NQT:
Do you really think Persus13 simply guessed your role type? That's pretty risky.

Also, extend.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 80