Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187518 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 5 Dreams of Smoke and Fire
« Reply #990 on: July 16, 2014, 02:38:49 pm »

Irony Owl, what's you view on the nature of the scum team?
The versatile powers thing and other... what, 2 SKs in the game make the think the Dark Magus is intended to be something of a one-man army. The Mentor thing is plausible, and depending on how everyone's claims line up might be necessary.

I would be surprised if there's three scum, and am leaning towards one or initially one. My thoughts on balancing three killers in a thirteen-person game might not be totally accurate, though.

I'm also concerned by the flavor I got N1, wherein dark powers were at their peak yet nobody died. That could have just been intro flavor, but I assume it means something major but subtle happened.

In short I'm a fan of the single Mentor converting N1 theory. I assume we have one Dark Magus and one lying power role.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 16, 2014, 02:42:25 pm »

Irony Owl, what's you view on the nature of the scum team?
The versatile powers thing and other... what, 2 SKs in the game make the think the Dark Magus is intended to be something of a one-man army. The Mentor thing is plausible, and depending on how everyone's claims line up might be necessary.

I would be surprised if there's three scum, and am leaning towards one or initially one. My thoughts on balancing three killers in a thirteen-person game might not be totally accurate, though.

I'm also concerned by the flavor I got N1, wherein dark powers were at their peak yet nobody died. That could have just been intro flavor, but I assume it means something major but subtle happened.

In short I'm a fan of the single Mentor converting N1 theory. I assume we have one Dark Magus and one lying power role.
If that is your view, then why are you voting me?  The dreamwalker confirmed that I used an inspection night one and was not converted.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 16, 2014, 02:44:30 pm »

The ritual is mentioned in the opening post. I left my house which is probably right next to the graveyard. I did not check the graveyard the night I was revived
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 16, 2014, 03:08:40 pm »

Sorry for not posting sooner. I'm out of town for a week because my sister is getting married, which involved a multiple day car trip with no internet access. You can expect a longer post from me later today dealing with the day so far.

I inspected flabort (now Irony Owl) last night because if 4maskwolf is to be believed, then IO or Flandre/Reverie was scum, and Flandre had confirmed we had a seer. After praying to the gods and drinking the liquid that but me into a trance, I drew an image of a man while concentrating on flabort's name. I realized Flabort was a Survivor. Sage has not previously been inspected by Fortune Tellers, so I can't say for sure if Irony is a Sage.

4maskwolf, did you flavor claim before Flandre roleclaimed?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 16, 2014, 03:12:09 pm »

Sorry for not posting sooner. I'm out of town for a week because my sister is getting married, which involved a multiple day car trip with no internet access. You can expect a longer post from me later today dealing with the day so far.

I inspected flabort (now Irony Owl) last night because if 4maskwolf is to be believed, then IO or Flandre/Reverie was scum, and Flandre had confirmed we had a seer. After praying to the gods and drinking the liquid that but me into a trance, I drew an image of a man while concentrating on flabort's name. I realized Flabort was a Survivor. Sage has not previously been inspected by Fortune Tellers, so I can't say for sure if Irony is a Sage.

4maskwolf, did you flavor claim before Flandre roleclaimed?
Flavor claim of my action?  No.  But nobody had counter-claimed either, nor have they since then, so I'm as good as confirmed as seer and not a convert.

Everyone: Under what circumstances has a survivor inspect been seen before?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 16, 2014, 03:26:03 pm »

If that is your view, then why are you voting me?  The dreamwalker confirmed that I used an inspection night one and was not converted.
The one claim I do have. Fair enough, unvote.

So... I guess 4mask is confirmed town by Flandreverie;
NQT and Toony are confirmed town and Toaster is confirmed not-Dark Magus by 4mask;
NQT is confirmed not-converted by Jim via NQT (hrm);
Sage confirmed likely by Jack AT via NQT (not quite the same as me being the sage, sadly);

Toaster claimed Watcher by Persus;
IronyOwl claimed not-converted by Toaster;

I get the feeling I'm missing somebody, but so far this gives us:

Town:
4mask (would require townflipped Flandreverie to be lying or foiled N1)
NQT (would require town 4mask and Flandreverie to be lying or foiled N3, and townflipped Jim to be lying or foiled N1-N3)
Toony (would require town 4mask and possible convert Toaster to be lying or foiled N2)
ZU (would require Toony's rez going awry, or being lying or mistaken about it N2)

Possible Converts:
Toaster (would require town 4mask to be lying or foiled N1 and possible dark magus Perseus to be lying or foiled N2)
Persus (no qualifiers)

Possible Dark Magi:
IronyOwl (Reasonably difficult Sage intel; requires fortunate guessing or converting the real Sage)
Persus (Reasonably known but risky Fortune Teller intel; requires guessing NQT's role or converting the real Fortune Teller)

So... unless I'm missing something here, the Dark Magus has to be me or Persus, right? Assuming I'm correct about there just being the one with a conversion. That'd make Toaster the N1 apprentice.

Everyone: Under what circumstances has a survivor inspect been seen before?
I actually have no idea. I would have assumed Sage would be a Watcher, but in retrospect I'm not actually Watching anyone, just receiving information.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 16, 2014, 04:04:20 pm »

Pretty sure sage does not come up as survivor? Let me check.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 16, 2014, 04:06:15 pm »

Converts happen after investigations so Toaster still can be converted

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 16, 2014, 04:07:58 pm »

Oh it hasn't happened before.

MOD:
What role result would a Sage be?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 16, 2014, 04:08:51 pm »

I just checked (though might have missed something) and here are all confirmed inspection results. In brackets are the new claimed results:

Watcher
Seer
Sexton
Warlock
(Thief)

Changer
Vampire Lord
Devil
Exorcist
Priest

Survivor
Coven Witch
Knight
(Sage)

Protector
Guardian Angel

Killer
Werebear

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 16, 2014, 04:18:13 pm »

Converts happen after investigations so Toaster still can be converted
I said that. By "would require X" I meant "for him to be a Dark Magus instead."

Actually, now that I think about it, Persus claiming me as a Survivor means I can't be the Dark Magus either, unless he's on a different team than me or there's shenanigans. I think he just shafted himself. Unless Dark Magus has so many powers that it evens out to Survivor somehow.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 16, 2014, 04:20:55 pm »

Actually he could be my apprentice lying to cover for me. Which would be desperate, but I guess we would be in this situation.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 16, 2014, 04:46:32 pm »

Intuitively the dark magus sounds like a killer

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 16, 2014, 04:58:51 pm »

Oh it hasn't happened before.

MOD:
What role result would a Sage be?

That information has not been revealed yet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 16, 2014, 06:08:43 pm »

Hold up.

Sexton and sage are both passive information roles, I think.

Yet if IO is a sage, Persus is saying they go in different categories.

I'm guessing that one of the two of you is lying.

ZU: is sexton a passive role, or do you have to take an action?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 80