Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187532 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 5 Dreams of Smoke and Fire
« Reply #1005 on: July 16, 2014, 06:14:23 pm »

Sexton is passive. I don't have to explicitly send in a night action. I also only get a PM if anything interesting happens.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 16, 2014, 08:16:05 pm »

The townsperson would almost certainly be Survivor type.  The Fortune Teller is basically a Paranormal Telepath, so that's a great standard of comparison- remember that it's an open setup compared to the closed here.  That said, Sage doesn't have a Paranormal parallel.  Speaking of which, roles that return false results for Telepaths occur in Paranormal- it's not inconceivable that such at thing exists in Supernatural, though I can't recall anything having a Godfather-type role.  A double check contradicts this; no role natively does this, but techs can fool this, Mind Shields can block the result, and some roles change goal based on what they are doing.

Sage... I don't know?  Nothing like it exists in Paranormal.

Irony:  Do your sage results hint that the Dark Magus has any sort of self-protection powers, or power to delude inspection?  Wards to deter watchful eyes?

Meph:  Are all magical abilities immune to tracking/watches, like the known Mystic roles are, or do some magic abilites work that way but not others?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 16, 2014, 08:33:52 pm »

Meph:  Are all magical abilities immune to tracking/watches, like the known Mystic roles are, or do some magic abilites work that way but not others?

It depends entirely on the role. Some magical roles can be tracked, others cannot.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 16, 2014, 08:35:17 pm »

Would a role with multiple abilities potentially have some trackable and others not?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 16, 2014, 08:37:07 pm »

Would a role with multiple abilities potentially have some trackable and others not?

That is possible, yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 16, 2014, 08:41:01 pm »

That complicates matters.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 17, 2014, 01:07:09 am »

Irony:  Do your sage results hint that the Dark Magus has any sort of self-protection powers, or power to delude inspection?  Wards to deter watchful eyes?
I received no hints on exactly what those versatile powers might be.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 17, 2014, 01:10:59 pm »

Hmm, nah. I want to lynch IronyOwl. My basis? We don't know if Sage would come back as "survivor", and most importantly, let us not forget what the confirmed Necromancer had to say about our friend here.

Remember IG's revive? Look at this now:
The revive is to ensure our said chosen one's allies survive to remove the immidiate threat.
Said chosen one being Flabort/IronyOwl. Now, why would a Necromancer need a town Sage alive and his allies?

Also this:
I specitically told everyone IN MY CLAIM that I cant ressurect flabort.
Why is that I wonder?? Is it because they're a special role like...Dark Magus?!

Other people I don't trust:
Persus13, 4maskwolf, Toaster

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 17, 2014, 01:12:23 pm »

4maskwolf is the the most likely convert. I think I've got this figured out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 17, 2014, 01:15:27 pm »

IG:  Considering something bad happens when Flabort dies, why not lynch you now to prevent that from happening?
I'm a survivor lover who doesn't suicide when my target dies, but instead I get a different Wincon. I doubt I would get an SK or Mafia wincon if Flabort died.
Why would IG's wincon change if Flabort/IronyOwl were to die? I'm thinking that he would take over as the new mafia faction to replace the Dark Magus.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 17, 2014, 01:21:41 pm »

??? I think IG was making stuff up from the beginning?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 17, 2014, 01:36:08 pm »

This.  Also, Toony, you're forgetting that I CAN'T be the convert because Reverie saw my night one pm.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 17, 2014, 01:37:08 pm »

Why does it focus on Flabort/IO? I find that half-truths are the most convincing lies. (it worked too since he wasn't lynched Day 1)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 17, 2014, 01:39:09 pm »

This.  Also, Toony, you're forgetting that I CAN'T be the convert because Reverie saw my night one pm.
Hmmm, right. That means the convert is Persus13 or Toaster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 17, 2014, 01:43:05 pm »

Why does it focus on Flabort/IO? I find that half-truths are the most convincing lies. (it worked too since he wasn't lynched Day 1)
So you want to lynch me because the Dark Magus and the Necromancer were on the same team who also had access to Sage info, but not fakeclaims that weren't laughably inconsistent.

Brilliant, Toony. Really outdoing yourself here.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 80